Bond reduced for Warren Central rape ...

Bond reduced for Warren Central rape suspect

There are 87 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from May 15, 2007, titled Bond reduced for Warren Central rape suspect. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

A Marion Superior Court judge reduced the bond today for a Warren Central High School student held on charges he raped another student.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

DCeast

Chesapeake, VA

#48 May 15, 2007
What would be the reason for such a big reduction in the bond, people?

A. Corrupt Indiana Judicial system
B. Warren Officials paid off the judge
C. WC football player discount
D. The judge heard evidenence on both sides of the case and determined Bell was not as "dangerous" as the charges sound on the surface
Cant Blame No 1

Indianapolis, IN

#49 May 15, 2007
Marion County Educator wrote:
Young Mr. Bell may indeed have a letter of acceptance from a KY college; however, I intend to forewarn a few close friends and relatives in KY about Bell's rape charge. The young women in KY do not need Mr. Bell's services, whether athletic, academic, or simply physical.
These friends and relatives include: a high school classmate who is the first female Federal judge in KY and living in Lexington, another high school classmate who's a Federal judge out of Frankfort, a first cousin who's a Federal judge in Paducah, and another first cousin who's a County Attorney in the Bluegrass State. All are well-connected and will be happy to keep Bell's name in the backs of their minds.
Good so if he gets found innocent we can thank you for making sure he can't continue with his life, without being watched.
THE THE

Indianapolis, IN

#50 May 15, 2007
DCeast wrote:
Didn't the article say the bond was $15,000 - not $1500?
you only have to pay 10% on the 1500. type that in your calculator and see what ya get.
Cant Blame No 1

Indianapolis, IN

#51 May 15, 2007
Clark Griswold wrote:
WC might want to take a hard look at their team and coaching in general. Illegal spring practices, several thugs for players, and now a rapist on the resume. Hey, your kids may not amount to anything in the future, but 25 years from now they'll still have those High School championship rings on their fingers!!
I have 2 rings on my fingers and I'm probably on pace to make more money than you. Not with my athletic ability either, straight brains baby. So don't try to use that. One person doesn't represent the attitude for the whole team. And you obviously don't know what a thug is because anybody who thinks they're a thug at Warren has no idea what that life is like. I can name only a few real "thugs" at Warren and they don't play football. As a matter fact I can name a few "thugs" at Avon, Carmel and so on (no disrespect to my Avon and Carmel buddies, I still got love for ya'll).
My point exactly

United States

#52 May 15, 2007
This boy is another example of what could've been prevented in the case of man burning his g/f. This young boy RAPES girls and we will reduce his bond to put him back on the streets...To do what?? To do it again, to KILL a female after he rapes her??? What the hell is wrong with these people?? The next generation is in a world of trouble if this generation doesn't do something about it. The next generation will be full of gang bangers, drug dealers, rapist and murderers. Guess it really doesn't matter anymore, huh?? One right we as Americans had, was to vote and if you tried to vote in Center Township... YOU COULDN'T. SO OUR OPINIONS CAN'T COUNT IF WE WANTED THEM TO... WAY TO GO BART AND MITCH... SURE THE HELL GLAD I DIDN'T VOTE FOR YOU TWO, WHEN I WAS ABLE TO VOTE.
Teacher

Indianapolis, IN

#53 May 15, 2007
don indy wrote:
<quoted text>how about innocent until proven guilty, not saying he didnt do it or condoning rape, but there could be more to this story than meets the eye, let's not jump to conclusions, just because he is a young black male who is an athlete doesnt make him guilty, women and young girls have been known to lie from time to time not blaming the young lady but let's let the legal system work this out, if Terry Record can have his bail reduced for a crime where law enforcement has proof of then this young man is entitled to at least the same since it hasnt been proven !!
Amen! Funny how the comments change when the suspect is young and black, as opposed to when he is college-educated and white.
Teacher

Indianapolis, IN

#54 May 15, 2007
Young Mr. Bell may indeed have a letter of acceptance from a KY college; however, I intend to forewarn a few close friends and relatives in KY about Bell's rape charge. The young women in KY do not need Mr. Bell's services, whether athletic, academic, or simply physical.
These friends and relatives include: a high school classmate who is the first female Federal judge in KY and living in Lexington, another high school classmate who's a Federal judge out of Frankfort, a first cousin who's a Federal judge in Paducah, and another first cousin who's a County Attorney in the Bluegrass State. All are well-connected and will be happy to keep Bell's name in the backs of their minds.
I hope to God that you wait until the trial is over before you prejudice these people against him without knowing whether he is guilty or not.
As a side note, am I the only person who's not impressed by your "important" connections?
Bunny

United States

#55 May 15, 2007
When this young man had trouble back in 2004 he needed help then then the dumb school systems (IPS &Warren township)let him get away.Now they are going to put this young man away for the rest of his life. Come on where is the fairness. This is another case of white vs black. Where in the world is Al Sharpton now! Someone should as the students what really happenend! I feel sorry for him and not her. Ask your childern how was their day!!!!!!!This tells you even schools have prolems with sex. If all the schools were to wear uniforms then the schools wouldn't have all the troubles they have.What happen to respect?
Cosmo Kramer

Pittsboro, IN

#56 May 15, 2007
don indy wrote:
<quoted text>how about innocent until proven guilty, not saying he didnt do it or condoning rape, but there could be more to this story than meets the eye, let's not jump to conclusions, just because he is a young black male who is an athlete doesnt make him guilty, women and young girls have been known to lie from time to time not blaming the young lady but let's let the legal system work this out, if Terry Record can have his bail reduced for a crime where law enforcement has proof of then this young man is entitled to at least the same since it hasnt been proven !!
Are you kidding??? I want to hear what you have to say if he gets out and rapes someone in your family. Then we will see how pious you are.
Cosmo Kramer

Pittsboro, IN

#57 May 15, 2007
Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope to God that you wait until the trial is over before you prejudice these people against him without knowing whether he is guilty or not.
As a side note, am I the only person who's not impressed by your "important" connections?
Im not impressed that you purport to be a teacher.

Leave it to Mark Stoner to reduce this guys bail. And people wonder why crime is out of control in Marion Co. People dont get it. ITS THE FREAKING JUDGES! They wont keep these animals in jail. I think Mr. Record should also be held in jail until his trial. I dont care what color he is. Until we decide to punish these animals, crime will continue unabated.

Since: May 07

Monticello, IN

#58 May 15, 2007
Clark Griswold wrote:
WC might want to take a hard look at their team and coaching in general. Illegal spring practices, several thugs for players, and now a rapist on the resume. Hey, your kids may not amount to anything in the future, but 25 years from now they'll still have those High School championship rings on their fingers!!
AMEN..... What about those illegal practices? What really going on at WC? Too much Friday Night Lights.
Teacher

Indianapolis, IN

#59 May 15, 2007
Cosmo Kramer wrote:
<quoted text>Im not impressed that you purport to be a teacher.
Leave it to Mark Stoner to reduce this guys bail. And people wonder why crime is out of control in Marion Co. People dont get it. ITS THE FREAKING JUDGES! They wont keep these animals in jail. I think Mr. Record should also be held in jail until his trial. I dont care what color he is. Until we decide to punish these animals, crime will continue unabated.
And I'm not impressed by someone who goes by the handle "Cosmo Kramer." Which do you have in common with the character: comedy or racism? "...purport..." - now that's funny.
Lisa in Indy

Lebanon, IN

#60 May 15, 2007
Astonished wrote:
<quoted text>OK, let's get this straigt: YOU are an educator, but you have convicted this boy without evidence or a trial, and you're launching a campaign to destroy his reputation --- just because he's ACCUSED of something???????Where do you teach, what is your name, give US the facts. WE'll make sure everyone knows about YOU. It is people such as you who should NOT be allowed to live in a FREE COUNTRY. Go to Iran, become an Iraqi, join the Taliban --- they are YOUR kind of people, "educator". No regard for Constitutional rights. You should be ASHAMED of yourself. Ever hear of "innocent until proven guilty"? Two words for you, airhead: SEIG HEIL..........
WOW! You have quite the opinion. Let's not get your panties in a wad! HAHA
Lisa in Indy

Lebanon, IN

#62 May 15, 2007
As a Warren Parent, the football team is not full of thugs! There are just as many white punks as black thugs. MOST are smart boys with great athletic tallent! Mr.Bell is a Rapist and a thug. No means No!! I sure hope he doesn't get to go to College. Maybe the should let the Victim go to the school in Ky. At least she will get JUSTICE!
Former Indy Citizen

Cincinnati, OH

#64 May 15, 2007
As another poster mentioned, the charges are only allegations. Guilt has not been established. If he is convicted then issue your warnings.
edub

Palm Harbor, FL

#65 May 15, 2007
I bet he runs!Stupid judge. I bet his football career is totally over, hope he has some kind of education, otherwise we will be reading about him the paper, another lost soul that did not/ never got it. Sad to see someone has some talent, and then just throws it to the wind.
Former Indy Citizen

Cincinnati, OH

#66 May 15, 2007
Astonished wrote:
<quoted text>Wow. I didn't realize that you were there and watched the whole ordeal, not once trying to stop the guy. Oh, what's that? You WEREN'T there? Ok, hmmm... So, if you weren't there, and did not see anything happen, you are wanting the guy to be tortured WITHOUT ANY EVIDENCE THAT HE COMMITED A CRIME?????? What a nice attitude to have, Adolf. Maybe you'd like to rape him yourself, Osama. Maybe hurt the guy too, eh Himmler? WAIT FOR THE EVIDENCE -- IF ANY --- BEFORE PASSING JUDGMENT, SADDAM. Maybe he's guilty, maybe he's just like the Duke Lacrosse team --- falsely accused. Get a grip on OUR CONSTITUTION, Stalin....
There has to be some evidence to establish "Probable Cause:, which is required to arrest a person and take them to court. Also the Judge need probable cause to set bond and keep him in jail until bond is paid.
imager1

Tucson, AZ

#67 May 15, 2007
so now we're expelling and punishing people before they have a trial.
don indy

United States

#69 May 16, 2007
of course you will wait until the trial is over before notifying your important friends and relatives, right?
don indy

United States

#71 May 16, 2007
No College for Bell wrote:
No college should or will take him now. He proved his stupidity when he committed this crime, he's way to dumb for college!
I suppose he could take classes in the slammer.
where you there? sounds like maybe you arent college material either

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Indiana Loosiers 3 hr dtb 1
Does Brexit signal to the world that Trump will... 14 hr The Real Source 6
donald trump will be president and deportations... 18 hr DAVE 50CENTS 1
Vicki walters 22 hr Citizen 99 2
Stop Illegals and Globalization Vote Trump Now!!! Mon The Real Source 2
BUYERS BEWARE - Junk John Deere Lawn tractors a... (Sep '11) Jun 26 Speedrred 153
To the Sons of Silence MC , Indianapolis Clubhouse (Dec '13) Jun 26 Jack 142
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages