Bond reduced for Warren Central rape suspect

A Marion Superior Court judge reduced the bond today for a Warren Central High School student held on charges he raped another student. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
usa

United States

#1 May 15, 2007
let him stay in jail and get raped the piece of S,,T
new palasteen farmboy

Indianapolis, IN

#2 May 15, 2007
Make that "used to be accepted by a collge in Kentucky". So for $1500 this young animal will be walking the streets until his trial ?? 86 years possible in prison and he's out and about. Thanks for protecting the citizenry !!
Scan

Burbank, CA

#4 May 15, 2007
Bell's attorney submitted a letter indicating Bell had been accepted by a college in Kentucky, according to court records.

Is this what Mitch meant by "brain drain"????

Are there other states out there after our rapists??
don indy

United States

#5 May 15, 2007
usa wrote:
let him stay in jail and get raped the piece of S,,T
how about innocent until proven guilty, not saying he didnt do it or condoning rape, but there could be more to this story than meets the eye, let's not jump to conclusions, just because he is a young black male who is an athlete doesnt make him guilty, women and young girls have been known to lie from time to time not blaming the young lady but let's let the legal system work this out, if Terry Record can have his bail reduced for a crime where law enforcement has proof of then this young man is entitled to at least the same since it hasnt been proven !!
The Weatherman

Fishers, IN

#7 May 15, 2007
new palasteen farmboy wrote:
Make that "used to be accepted by a collge in Kentucky". So for $1500 this young animal will be walking the streets until his trial ?? 86 years possible in prison and he's out and about. Thanks for protecting the citizenry !!
Yeah, I hate the Indiana Constitution and the right to be free until convicted. Let's just string him up now and hope the girl doesn't change her story.
fallen warrior

Raymond, OH

#8 May 15, 2007
that must be warrens old coach in KY. bailing him out of trouble again. thanks coach W!
Someone

Mentor, OH

#9 May 15, 2007
I just hope he did it, because if he didn't, his life is ruined for no reason.

Since: Dec 06

United States

#10 May 15, 2007
Of course they reduced his bail. Reducing bail eases jail overcrowding and Mayor Fart and Sherriff Bling Bling can claim that there haven't been any early releases.
proud of warren

United States

#11 May 15, 2007
Hey, stop the Warren bashing. WE won 4 straight football championships. So what if we did it with criminals and 12-graders with 6th grade reading levels. WE done won! P.S. He did it.
Wash Twp Taxpayer

Indianapolis, IN

#12 May 15, 2007
I don't agree with the bail reduction, but if he is bailed out, he should at least have house confinement with the ankle notification system if he tries to leave. Letting him go back to school, the scene of the alleged crime, sends the wrong message to his peers -- and to him.

Hopefully, the trial will be held quickly.

Having a scholarship in KY should have NO bearing on his bail or guilt/innocence and never should have been part of the proceedings.
Marion County Educator

United States

#13 May 15, 2007
Young Mr. Bell may indeed have a letter of acceptance from a KY college; however, I intend to forewarn a few close friends and relatives in KY about Bell's rape charge. The young women in KY do not need Mr. Bell's services, whether athletic, academic, or simply physical.

These friends and relatives include: a high school classmate who is the first female Federal judge in KY and living in Lexington, another high school classmate who's a Federal judge out of Frankfort, a first cousin who's a Federal judge in Paducah, and another first cousin who's a County Attorney in the Bluegrass State. All are well-connected and will be happy to keep Bell's name in the backs of their minds.
Noblesville guy

Indianapolis, IN

#14 May 15, 2007
That's why these sickos keep doing these things....Dumb judges who turn them loose...The judge should have to tell that poor little girl why her attacker is out of jail...I say lock these sickos up and keep them locked up with no bail and if found guilty the death penalty sounds good to me.
Someone

Mentor, OH

#16 May 15, 2007
Marion County Educator wrote:
Young Mr. Bell may indeed have a letter of acceptance from a KY college; however, I intend to forewarn a few close friends and relatives in KY about Bell's rape charge. The young women in KY do not need Mr. Bell's services, whether athletic, academic, or simply physical.
These friends and relatives include: a high school classmate who is the first female Federal judge in KY and living in Lexington, another high school classmate who's a Federal judge out of Frankfort, a first cousin who's a Federal judge in Paducah, and another first cousin who's a County Attorney in the Bluegrass State. All are well-connected and will be happy to keep Bell's name in the backs of their minds.
Why don't you wait UNTIL he is CONVICTED to continue ruining his life! If he's guilty, you won't have to worry about him going anywhere in KY (unless they start housing IN inmates).
Warden

Marysville, OH

#17 May 15, 2007
This is why we don't have jail overcrowding anymore. Because we let everyone bond out. If they can't afford the bond we set we lower it. What a joke.
Hahmmm

West Newton, IN

#18 May 15, 2007
The Weatherman wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's just string him up now and hope the girl doesn't change her story.
Sounds to me like you don't really trust her story to begin with.

Innocent until proven guilty...remember that?

How about Due Process?
Someone

Mentor, OH

#19 May 15, 2007
Hahmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me like you don't really trust her story to begin with.
Innocent until proven guilty...remember that?
How about Due Process?
Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

Let's hope so anyway.
Jane

Indianapolis, IN

#20 May 15, 2007
The Weatherman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I hate the Indiana Constitution and the right to be free until convicted. Let's just string him up now and hope the girl doesn't change her story.
"HOPE the girl doesn't change her story"?!?? Why are you more concerned about that than about finding out the TRUTH? I sure as h*ll hope she DOES change her story if she's been untruthful! It's amazing how history truly repeats itself....cases like these take on a mob witch hunt mentality. It's like the Salem Witch Trials all over again. All it took for you to be condemned for life was just for someone to ACCUSE you of being a witch. Same thing here. It's a sad and pathetic state of affairs we live in...

If the accuser's story is accurate then by all means throw the book at this guy. But we should be concerned about finding out the TRUTH, not about blindly condemning a man based solely on an accusation...
Someone

Mentor, OH

#23 May 15, 2007
AJK wrote:
Now this garbage can take 1500 to a bondsman and be free to commit more crimes against innocent people. DNA will prove this animals guilt--
Well, have you ever been accused of doing anything that you didn't do? We don't know if he did anything illegal at all. She is his Ex. You know what they say about a woman scorned. Not saying he didn't do it either, but d*mn, we don't know how it went down yet. Why don't we put down the shotguns, torches, and ropes until after he's convicted at least.
Someone

Mentor, OH

#24 May 15, 2007
Jane wrote:
<quoted text>
"HOPE the girl doesn't change her story"?!?? Why are you more concerned about that than about finding out the TRUTH? I sure as h*ll hope she DOES change her story if she's been untruthful! It's amazing how history truly repeats itself....cases like these take on a mob witch hunt mentality. It's like the Salem Witch Trials all over again. All it took for you to be condemned for life was just for someone to ACCUSE you of being a witch. Same thing here. It's a sad and pathetic state of affairs we live in...
If the accuser's story is accurate then by all means throw the book at this guy. But we should be concerned about finding out the TRUTH, not about blindly condemning a man based solely on an accusation...
Look up one post from your last post to weatherman.
Fishers Rez

Louisville, KY

#25 May 15, 2007
Someone wrote:
I just hope he did it, because if he didn't, his life is ruined for no reason.
That comment was just all kinds of stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
When Did Indy Become So Racist and Why? 30 min Dave 42
Officials: Be on guard during holiday week (Jul '07) 7 hr tosser4143 24
Obama The Great Racist 18 hr Blackology 1
State to double anesthetic given during execution (Apr '07) Tue Dave 75
Overstreet execution set for May (Feb '08) Tue 357bullet 263
Momentum for Muncie-to-Indy commuter rail (Sep '07) Tue GGH 165
Why do black people walk in the middle of the s... (Dec '12) Tue Prather T 135
Indianapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web