Indianapolis mayor acts early on council resolution against Indiana same-sex marriage ban

There are 5 comments on the Nov 8, 2013, The Indianapolis Star story titled Indianapolis mayor acts early on council resolution against Indiana same-sex marriage ban. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Indianapolis city leaders officially will add their voices Monday night to the debate over Indiana's proposed same-sex marriage ban.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Lalita

Chicago, IL

#1 Nov 9, 2013
Decades back, other spineless Conservative politicians proclaimed their inability to see a government interest in overturning laws prohibiting interracial marriage. Luckily for the mayor and his lovely family, leaders sorted themselves out. Too bad he can't be bothered to show similar foresight and courage.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#2 Nov 9, 2013
This is why I do not call myself a republican today. To many "republicans" vote democrat like Ben Hunter.
This has taught me on good lesson. Never support a person for office. Just like Donnely lied to get elected. Oh I change my mind on gay marriage now that I am in office.
Fearless Contrarian

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Nov 27, 2013
The Hidden Danger of Same-Sex Marriage (continued):

The LGBT movement is very aware of the disproportionate HIV/AIDS epidemic among the gay community, yet it continues to leverage its enormous political and financial power to uphold the Disneyesque fantasy that sexually active gay couples are just as healthy and functional as their heterosexual counterparts.

How will the legalization of same-sex marriage affect your family?

If same-sex marriage is made legal in your state – public schools will be legally required to teach your sons, grandsons, nephews etc. that homosexuality is a socially acceptable and equal alternative to heterosexuality. To avoid costly discrimination or defamation lawsuits from gay parents or federal and state authorities, school educators will deliberately avoid teaching the true health risks of male-to-male sodomy. Without knowledge of the full risks of MSM sodomy, the young male members of your family may feel recreational anal sex is safe enough to try, and by trying it just once, they could tragically join the fifty percent of young American gay men who are projected to contract HIV by the age of 50.

If you believe in freedom, then free your mind from the media elite’s false propaganda and politically-correct mythology, and purify it with pristine truth. If you’re motivated by justice, then advocate against the LGBT movement’s harmful crusade to promote high-risk homosexual behavior to our nation’s children. And if love guides your heart, then show love for your brethren by demanding LGBT leaders to place human life over political aggrandizement by making HIV/AIDS – not marriage- their first and foremost priority.

May peace be with you!

References:
Flock, Elizabeth. Gay Community Won Battles on Marriage, But May Be Losing the War on HIV/AIDS. U.S News, 3 July. 2013. Web. 9 July. 2013.‹ http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/07/0 ... >
Fearless Contrarian

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Nov 27, 2013
References:
Flock, Elizabeth. Gay Community Won Battles on Marriage, But May Be Losing the War on HIV/AIDS. U.S News, 3 July. 2013. Web. 9 July. 2013.

< http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/07/0... ;

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#6 Nov 27, 2013
After legal gay marriages, where do we go then? It is progressive. If you give people an inch, they will want eight inches.
Fearless Contrarian wrote:
References:
Flock, Elizabeth. Gay Community Won Battles on Marriage, But May Be Losing the War on HIV/AIDS. U.S News, 3 July. 2013. Web. 9 July. 2013.
< http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/07/0... ;

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's the future for Indiana Republicans? Do ... 4 hr Clyde 2
News Police investigate father's shooting of son (Feb '07) Apr 22 Graden 52
News Earth Day archive: How invasive carp turned a H... Apr 22 Tod 1
News Two Evansville men arraigned on dogfighting cha... (Mar '08) Apr 22 Haha 44
Dali Lama says Mike Pence is the AntiChrist! Apr 22 Bill Clinton 11
C-span aired Dems against Vaping Apr 22 The Great Kaptoz 1
Rush Limbaugh dropped from wibc Indianapolis radio Apr 20 Fat Checkers 16
BUYERS BEWARE - Junk John Deere Lawn tractors a... (Sep '11) Apr 20 really 127
More from around the web

Indianapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]