Enough is enough for Pacers' brass

Enough is enough for Pacers' brass

There are 460 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Feb 28, 2008, titled Enough is enough for Pacers' brass. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Bird, Walsh tired of off-court failures, promise swift action Tom Wood Subaru Visit Tom Wood Subaru at 96th Street and Keystone Avenue for Online Specials on New and Pre-Owned Subaru vehicles.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 23
Next Last
corrections officer

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Feb 29, 2008
millionare thugs
I love the pacers

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Feb 29, 2008
I can't get enough of them. These guys are the bomb. Weak management and all. Now they're gonna get tough and make the players have a time out. Next they're gonna take away their escalades and UZIs.
Enquiring Mind

Holden, MO

#3 Feb 29, 2008
"We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," Bird said.

I guess when you have to make statements like that you really have hit the bottom of the barrel.
uh oh

Pryor, OK

#4 Feb 29, 2008
"Whether it's your brother hanging around and getting in trouble, your uncle, your cousin, you've got to eliminate those people," Bird said.

Oh great, now the Pacers will start shooting their relatives.
great

United States

#5 Feb 29, 2008
Its really amazing how these incidents keep popping up over and over. The Pacers were actually one of the most clean cut NBA teams and now they are the least?

Just amazing how the fortunes of the franchise turned on a dime with the brawl in Detroit.
MRP

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Feb 29, 2008
STOP BUYING TICKETS!
jim 1988 IU grad

New Palestine, IN

#7 Feb 29, 2008
to little too late
Gary

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Feb 29, 2008
I'm tired of this crap! They can take their Thug League and all of their Gangsta' Wannabes and shove'em! I'm done!!!
get rid of them all

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Feb 29, 2008
pistol packing pacers
PLAYA

Fishers, IN

#11 Feb 29, 2008
It's all starts at the top. Bird drafted them.
Anonymous Angie

United States

#12 Feb 29, 2008
The funny thing is that we have hardly heard a peep from Artest and Jackson since they were traded. Artest had an incident last year but that was it.
wakeup

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Feb 29, 2008
I can't believe it has taken three years and too many incidents to count for the top management team to say Enough is Enough. Are you kidding me?

The Simons, Donnie, and Larry are losing reputation by the minute because they have waited too long to reach this point.

Oh well, it's their funeral.
ExFan

Marysville, OH

#15 Feb 29, 2008
The Pacers' public relations is a spectacle of gargantuan magnitude. The team image is so tarnished that most people wouldn't go to a Pacer game if you handed them free tickets. The Pacers' brand image was once a great brand. Now it wreaks of ghetto gangland style shootings and aspects of a criminal element. I'm saddened as I quit following the Pacers about 9 months ago. It breaks my heart to see an organization in such shambles that Larry Bird says we can't have our players hanging out with murderers. Pacers -- you guys will need years to rebuild a lost essence. You may never recover, but you need to start anew.
Pacer Hater

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Feb 29, 2008
PLAYA is right. Bird is the boss on what players we get. Maybe the Simom brothers should clean house. Fire everyone of them from the ball boy to the top dog. Start over. All new team. If we lose then we lose but we do it the right way.
No Way

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Feb 29, 2008
You can't teach someone who does not want to learn. Expect the best, hold them to it, and discipline harshly if they arent able to hold to the contract. Consultant, shmunsultant. You may as well pour money down the drain...the Pacers have a lot of digging out from under the rubble for all the indiscretions of the players, no matter who they bring in to consult with. I haven't yet, but don't plan to start attending Pacers games.
Old Time Values

United States

#18 Feb 29, 2008
while it may be too late for this Pacers team, the NBA owners should insist on a morals clause in the next collective bargining agreement.

Like it or not these players are role model to our children. If you don't want to be that role model, don't sign the contract to be a player!
Hokeysmokes

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Feb 29, 2008
Old Time Values wrote:
Like it or not these players are role model to our children.
They are not role models to my children. I'm a better parent than that.

Well, on second thought, they are role models. Models of exactly what not to be.

The NBA used to be fun to watch. Now, I think you could find the same people in a prison yard game.
Time for a new GM

United States

#20 Feb 29, 2008
Bird promised 3 criminal incidents ago that this type of thing will not be tolerated. Yet it still keeps happening at its still tolerated by the Pacers. Clearly, Larry Bird is a liar who is responsible for bringing people who commit serious criminal conduct to our city.
Fire Bird Now

Whittier, CA

#21 Feb 29, 2008
Williams was a total draft bust and has been a complete disappointment for the Pacers.

If management says "Enough is Enough" then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Talk is cheap. Real change needs to be made. And that change should start with the firing of Larry Bird from the Pacers organization.

"No Way" was right. These players (Tinsley, Williams, Daniels) are just ignorant. They make enough money to not care about their image and they couldn't care less that all sorts of kids look up to them. Get rid of this ENTIRE team and get Eric Gordon.
N M P 1

Chicago, IL

#22 Feb 29, 2008
The Pacer's will be the reason Indy won't get the SUPER BOWL. I don't want to come to Indy and take a chance getting shot by a PACER

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 23
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Air Force shooter was black Muslim convert 6 hr Call YBA Out 2
Larue Carter right to work fired 50 good staff (Aug '14) 10 hr Darkstar 57
Good riddens Paula Cooper 13 hr The Great Wisdom 1
Mayor Ballard Honors Nasty Letterman 13 hr The Great Wisdom 10
News Let it Out (Oct '07) Tue lilred2810 231
any strippers want to Skype? (Jul '14) Tue Jacob Terrill 9
Review: Big O'S C B Shop (Dec '13) Tue varallo 15
More from around the web

Indianapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE