Are Indiana's Marijuana Laws too Harsh?
ben turner

Brooklyn, NY

#2400 Jul 15, 2011
iv been arested twice for what the cops call driving under the influnce of marijuana i somtimes smoke pot but wasnt stoned both times the 2nd time i refused a drug test because its a urine test and that can go back 30 days so i knew id fail n loose my license any way so under current laws i refuse to try to get my license back now just think how much the state is loosing from me alone in fees for driving and gas n insurance
Thatguy

South Bend, IN

#2401 Sep 20, 2011
AnnaLynn wrote:
lol..."responsible pot-smoker"...that never gets old...
Responsbible speeder, responsible con-artist...
Knowing the penalties for smoking pot and doing it anyway (and in such a manner as to get caught) is not what a "wise" person would do.
It's easy to avoid the penalties for smoking pot. Just don't.
Sort of like responsible drinkers who kill thousands every year?
Or responsible cigarette smokers who cost taxpayers millions in health costs?
spicoli

Indianapolis, IN

#2402 Sep 25, 2011
Yep, dude my marijuana is harsh........my bad, when I get ripped and play video games all day I can't read squat.

Now, what were we talking about?
pot smoker

West Lafayette, IN

#2403 Oct 26, 2011
plus if indiana would sell it think about all the money they could make of the taxes from selling it. people love pot and for every 100 bucks some one spends on pot the state makes $7 off just the tax pluss it wont cost the state much to grow and keep up with it.. lol
Nutz to You

Columbia City, IN

#2404 Oct 26, 2011
pot smoker wrote:
plus if indiana would sell it think about all the money they could make of the taxes from selling it. people love pot and for every 100 bucks some one spends on pot the state makes $7 off just the tax pluss it wont cost the state much to grow and keep up with it.. lol
Do you use puncuation and capitalization when you are sober?
ECall

United States

#2405 Dec 29, 2011
AnnaLynn wrote:
Knowing the penalties for smoking pot and doing it anyway (and in such a manner as to get caught) is not what a "wise" person would do.
Yes, there is such a thing called a responsible pot smoker. They are the pot smokers you don't know about because they are private about it. The reason they are private about it is because they don't want to be judged by people like you. These responsible "stoners" are people like you and me that instead of having an alcoholic beverage or a cigar/cigarette they smoke a natural plant in the privacy of their own home.
The problems with the penalties for smoking marijuana is that the punishment does not fit the crime. Would you be in favor of a $5,000 fine and/or 1 year in prison for having a natural plant that is healthier than tobacco and not as mind altering as alcohol?
Based on your reasoning I have solutions for many of the country's major issues.
wanna avoid parking/speeding tickets? Never drive.
wanna avoid a public intox? Never drink alcohol
wanna avoid everything that can hurt you? Do us all a favor and never leave your house.
ECall

United States

#2406 Dec 29, 2011
t_paine wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW - you break a law and you get a criminal record?? Huh, go figure....
It's illegal because it's bad. Smoking *anything* is proven to be harmful to your health.
Exactly! Lets get rid of fast food, cigarettes, and alcohol. Except one thing... We live in the land of the free. Meaning people have the right to choose what they want to put in their own body's. If you don't like marijuana that's perfectly okay it's your right to not smoke it. But to tell me that I can't choose what I put in my body is a dictatorship. So don't say "It's illegal because it's bad." I agree smoking anything is bad. any kind of smoke has carcinogens and other impurities. But there are countless other ways to ingest cannabis. It can be put into foods, pills, strips (similar to breath strips), or even sprays.
ECall

United States

#2407 Dec 29, 2011
soulkaptoz wrote:
more wed dont we have enough hop heads already thats why many students are asleep in school they come in stoned and high, then they ehad for the fast food places after school you wonder why so many teens are fat take a blood sample most are smoking weed and poppin pills, but it's like this it goes back to the family no family structure no rules for them too follow they do as they please and most the time the rest of us in society pay the price for all those welfare families whose kids are being raised by the system as most the mothers and fathers are stoned themselves on pills and weed or in jail and prison and too much of a criminal record to get a real job
yes that's the system we have created and now we have a whole new flock in illegals who love too sell and smoke that weed just as much, so yeah they may as well make it legal and tax it like ciggies you would think ciggies are illegal the way liberals go after tobacco companies, while they snort those lines of cocaine and pop pills and toke that weed from a bong talk about hypocrits haha
I am truly speechless at your stupidity. First, get off your high horse. you are what is wrong with society today. Your close mindedness is far more of an issue than responsible pot smokers.
On a separate note, your post was by far the longest one sentence I have ever seen.(also your "sentence is missing a capital letter in the beginning and a period at the end)
You just got Logic'd
ECall

United States

#2408 Dec 29, 2011
Jeremy wrote:
You're all a bunch of f*cking idiots. Pot is illegal. Period. Find a new hobby, stop bitching, if you seriously have enough free time to be sitting here whining about it, then you've got a problem.
Face it, if they legalized Marijuana, all of you little "Hipster cool kids" wouldn't have your little "Fight the government" club to be in anymore. What would you bitch about next?
All of you claim that they're infringing on your right to freedom, let's see how fast you are to report free speech when it's not on your side. Convenient, isn't it?
Ok, lets think about this. You obviously did a search for this topic, you decided to read other posts and eventually formulate your own response. So Jeremy I say to you find a new hobby, stop bitching, if you have enough free time to be sitting here whining about it then you have got a problem.

Lets think about this. If tobacco, alcohol, or guns were illegal all you "stupid rednecks" would have your little "fight the government" clubs popping up faster than bottle caps off a budweiser.

Its a great thing that you have the right to make your own opinion on an issue. It should be a great thing to be able to decide what I want to put in my body.
ECall

United States

#2409 Dec 29, 2011
1MADBUYER wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the laws just as they are....if you keep breaking the law, the more harsh it should be....maybe let up on the time spent in jail, just fine the peoples azzes off to where they can;t afford that c_h_i_t
Ok. Let's say if a person gets 3 speeding tickets, no matter how much they were going over they should be thrown in jail! People need to learn not to speed!
USSLiberty

Westwood, NJ

#2410 Jan 1, 2012
http://educate-yourself.org/cn/ricksimpsoncan...

There are no "laws" prohibiting the use of this herb, only statutes and codes and those only apply to those who willfully consent to them. Anyone doing jail time for using this herb most likely had an attorney speak for them.
Ape Rule

Indianapolis, IN

#2411 Jan 11, 2012
To all the misinformed people out there, there is study after study, new and old, governmental and independent, which says that puffin' away on pot is nothin' like puffin' away on a cig. Not only do pot smokers not smoke as much, but the pot smoke may even INCREASE lung air flow & volume. Not so of cigs. Yes, pot contains SOME of the same chemicals as cigs, but it seems that THC keeps those same chemicals from doing the damage that they do when puffed from cigs. Just yesterday I read a new study (that echos older studies) about the effects of pot on lungs. Here: http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNe...
I didn't bother to find and post all the studies conducted through all the years that show all the LACK of harm that pot does to one's system. Not saying that it doesn't do harm at all, but let's face it, in a world full of GM food's, pollution, and an abundance of harmful prescription drugs, what little harm (less than many prescription drugs) is brought on by pot smoking is the least of our worries.
I toke because I have a brain tumor and research has shown that it slows down, and even stops, cancerous cell growth. Be it brain, stomach, or even lungs, that's a pretty darn good side effect. No other illegal substance does that. Hell, no legal substance does that without also killing off healthy cells in the body.
charlie nutsak

Louisville, CO

#2412 Jan 30, 2012
AnnaLynn wrote:
hey listen for a minute.. you are a lame as shit and if you dont like pot dont post ignorant comments fother mucker
charlie nutsak

Louisville, CO

#2413 Jan 30, 2012
puck you
Free from your ignorance

United States

#2414 Feb 12, 2012
Kity Floss wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate to say it,but pot has always been considered 10x harder on your lungs than tobbacco.
That is actually incorrect. Very incorrect. A recent 20 year study was done where subjects heavily smoked pot for 20 years at the end of the 20 years there was ZERO decreased lung function. Check your facts before your state them please.
Cancer Cure

Ashburn, VA

#2415 Feb 13, 2012
Editor's Note: It's an old story, but it keeps repeating itself. Whenever someone cures themselves or others of cancer using natural substances, and the authorities find out about it, the orthodox medical priesthood and the drug cartels will come down on you like a ton of bricks. In the 1930's and 40s, a chemist by the name of James Sheridan developed a formula he called Entelev which caused cancer cells to go into auto destruction (called autolysis). Eventually, it was given the name of Cancell. Sheridan gave it away free to friends, relatives, and later, total strangers-just to help them cure their cancers. Naturally, the government went after him like he was the worst criminal on the face of the earth and persecuted him into inactivity. Sheridan, then gave the info to Ed Sopcak who carried on for the next 20 years until the same government jackals made mince meat out of Sopcak and stopped him from giving it away and helping people cure themselves of cancer.

Now in Nova Scotia , Canada, Rick Simpson, a man who had cancer and was dying from the chemo crap and the radiation crap of the Cancer Industry, decided to save his life and found out that you can distill the essential oil of a particular species of the marijuana plant (indivica) and obtain a 2 oz syringe of a thick paste from the distilled oil. The active ingredient is called "THC". He took about a rice-grain size gob of this paste twice a day and after 2 months, his cancer was cured ~ gone, finished; not there anymore; cancer free.

He went to the RCMP and his doctor and his local hospital and the Canadian government to tell them what he had discovered, only to find out that the doctors, and the hospital and the RCMP and the government bureaucrats aren't interested in people who re-discover a 5,000 year old cancer cure. They would much rather persecute you and prosecute you for growing a "controlled substance" and put you in jail for 12 years. Who gives a flying toot about cured cancer patients anyway? Isn't stopping the "scourge" of marijuana use in our long fought 'War on Drugs' to "protect our children" FAR more important than some stupid side effect of the marijuana plant that can cure cancer and most other disease conditions? Thank God we have such responsible, enlightened, and devoted servants for government protectors and medical authorities. What would we do without them?...Ken Adachi]

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/ricksimpsoncan
Loud_Packs

Indianapolis, IN

#2416 Feb 19, 2012
AnnaLynn needs to kill herself!!!!
Lnl

United States

#2417 Feb 29, 2012
So glad I'm from michigan sounds like you have some real pot haters here. I hope they put all you drankers away for one drink the groverment wants to control us all. I bet they don't get tested, they all act like they are on something
MLM

United States

#2418 Mar 1, 2012
well some of us pot smokers are not bad people at all these nothing wrong with smokeing some weed to stay stress free instead of trying to relieve stress will smoking cancer, or drinking your problems out a bottle and create more problems for yourself by becoming and alchoholic . some people need ways to cope and for some smoking marijauna is a good way without dieing. and as long as your safe with it and not causeing problems to your communtity and just smoking in your house then i honestly dont see a problem.
wayne

Indianapolis, IN

#2419 Mar 6, 2012
Statutes are not "laws" thats why they usually fall under the term "act" get it! If your a boy scout and you break a code do you go to jail? Stop consenting by playing THEIR game.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FlatEarth 3 hr Itsflatpeople 8
News Brothers high on mushrooms fight naked 3 hr Geno 6
Any adult theaters or good bars? 3 hr NotLaughng 7
Can this country stand to have a president unde... 3 hr TrumpedCollusion 4
PresidentTrump is his own worst enemy 4 hr TrumpedCollusion 4
Fat Women 17 hr trucker7-6 8
looking for a good lawyer for free advise 19 hr Ask for ID 4

Indianapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance