Weight-loss icon rocks Lawrence school

Weight-loss icon rocks Lawrence school

There are 69 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 14, 2008, titled Weight-loss icon rocks Lawrence school. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Tom Wood Volkswagen Looking for a Price Quote? Maybe You Need to Schedule a Service Appointment or Test Drive? Tom Wood Volkswagen, Indiana's Premier VW Dealer, Can Do It All Come in and Test Drive the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Naptown

Bridgeport, WV

#2 Mar 14, 2008
If I had to eat Subway twice a day, I would shoot myself in the head.
Wild Bill

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Mar 14, 2008
I'd rather eat clay than Subway.
IUPUI Student

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Mar 14, 2008
Yeah, too bad the two a day Penn Station diet plan does not work as well.
Staxawax

United States

#5 Mar 14, 2008
Wild Bill wrote:
I'd rather eat clay than Subway.
Good luck with that! Although you would lose weight very quickly.
Obese Lazys Listen

Lima, OH

#6 Mar 14, 2008
I prefer to continue to be smart, eat healthy, exercise, and have self-respet in order to NEVER get fat. Never have, never will.
Not sure

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Mar 14, 2008
Naptown wrote:
If I had to eat Subway twice a day, I would shoot myself in the head.
You're an assistant manager at Hardee's, right?
Fat is as Fat does

Lima, OH

#8 Mar 14, 2008
IUPUI Student wrote:
Yeah, too bad the two a day Penn Station diet plan does not work as well.
Or the 5 a day taco bell and McDonals plan, which many young'ns sign up for.
A day late

Roanoke, IN

#9 Mar 14, 2008
Jared's a genius!
Get fat, eat fast food, get skinny, get a sponsorship from fast food company, make millions.
Wish I'd thought of that!
Meat Lover

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Mar 14, 2008
The problem I have with Subway (and why I haven't been there for years) is the same with all fast foods--they look great in the commercials, loaded high with meat, but in reality are just bread intensive/too high carb! And at Subway they "pre-assemble" the meat--it has been squooshed between wax paper ahead of time and then just slapped on the bread, so it winds up really thin rather than layered nicely like shown in promotional photos. My husband was forced to eat there within the past year and he said they're still doing it this way, but our neice in Illinois worked at one in a small town and she swears they layer the meat on nicely right when it's ordered.

The other problem I have with their advertising is that they have their list of light subs, but, in small print it says you have to leave off the cheese, oil, mayo for them to be truly light.

I do admire Jared for finding a way to lose weight that fit his lifestyle when he was a student, but don't think that's realistic (or healthy) for most people.
Hardees Har Har

Lima, OH

#11 Mar 14, 2008
Not sure wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an assistant manager at Hardee's, right?
hahahahaha

Hardee's new tagline should be: "Hardee's: for people who just don't care."
Meat Lover

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Mar 14, 2008
Obese Lazys Listen wrote:
I prefer to continue to be smart, eat healthy, exercise, and have self-respet in order to NEVER get fat. Never have, never will.
Pride comes before a fall. I hope you never get older and develop health issues or need medication that causes weight gain. I'm also a healthy weight, but I would never judge someone as lazy just from looking at them--I know too many people who eat right (even better than me), exercise (even more than me), and still struggle with being overweight.
Sorgi Fan Club

United States

#13 Mar 14, 2008
Losing weight is just simple math. It all boils down to calories.
If you eat more calories than you use, your body stores those calories and you gain weight.
If you use more calories than you eat, your body is forced to use the "stored" calories, and you lose weight.
The reason this worked was not because of Subway. Any low fat/low calorie food would have done the trick, as long as there was some excercise to go along with it.
Obese Lazys Listen

Lima, OH

#14 Mar 14, 2008
Meat Lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Pride comes before a fall. I hope you never get older and develop health issues or need medication that causes weight gain. I'm also a healthy weight, but I would never judge someone as lazy just from looking at them--I know too many people who eat right (even better than me), exercise (even more than me), and still struggle with being overweight.
Yet you would judge me on my comments...
The doc

Lima, OH

#15 Mar 14, 2008
Meat Lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh. Yah. They struggle. I would bet my life that they still take in more calories than they burn, and/or don't take in proper nutrition. It's basic biology and conservation of mass. What goes in (calories/food), must go out (calories/burn)- or there is a surplus (weight gain) or shortage (weight loss). If they are struggling, they need to eat less. Simple.
Ernie

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Mar 14, 2008
I wonder if Jared looked around and wondered when his grade school turned into a ghetto?
Stringtown citizen

Dallas, TX

#19 Mar 14, 2008
White Castles are great after a night of drinking,,,,,,yummy barf
Indianapolis resident

New York, NY

#20 Mar 14, 2008
Well aren't you just a B_____ snob, I'm thin too but I don't condem those who aren't, because I don't know them, Oh wait I'm not B_____ like you are.
INDY

United States

#21 Mar 14, 2008
HiChris wrote:
Subway is the most boring fast food chain out there. I would rather force my kids to kill the family cat than eat that crap.
You are one sad SOB
downtown

Indianapolis, IN

#22 Mar 14, 2008
Who asked what you prefer???
You maybe healthy, but I'd work on that fat head!
Subway

Seattle, WA

#23 Mar 14, 2008
Not only can you lose weight by eating bread and veggies you can learn too by staring at the wall. Ive memorized the subway routes for my next trip to New York, but unfortuantly my butt has stuck itself to the bench seat. Guess I didnt lose as much weight sitting at the table studying for 2 years..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where can I find day labor 6 hr Yes 2
Need some roofers 7 hr Bobby 1
Race is was why Burger Chef murders happened (Oct '16) 8 hr hubcap 27
Russia threatens U.S. over new sanctions bill 11 hr Stand Up 2 Russia 1
Clark Giles 18 hr Belmont St Losers 6
Breitbart turns on Donald Trump after his tweet... Tue God Bless the U S A 3
IPD covered up The Burger Chef Murders (Oct '16) Tue Ed m 12

Indianapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance