yahbyah

Chicago, IL

#21 May 28, 2010
wondering wrote:
has any one heard anymore about the dna testing of the reese family member concerning the murder of dawn stuard in 1986 ??
i am very close to dawn's father, and as far as we have heard nothing has come back yet, they said it could take years....it is very sad.....
Native Hoosier

Jamestown, TN

#22 Jul 29, 2010
Linda wrote:
Iknow for a fact that the DNA is back except for whatever reason Paul, Jr won't give up his DNA to be tested. I'm also understanding that he is due to be released from prison on unrelated charges this month. I also know that the family wants justice for Dawn Marie, she deserves it and so does her father. The persons who did this to a little 13 year old girl should be held accountable for what they took from her and her dad. I know first hand the pain he goes through every day and the pain this family has caused upon him. And I pray every day my husband gets justice for his daughter. Everyone needs to pray for Dawn's justice.
Paul Jr's felony conviction was in 2002 , state only collects DNA from prisoner convicted after July 1,2005
I disagree with this law ... I think any convicted felon should have to submit Dna , regardless of conviction date.
But If they really want his DNA they will get it , one way or another!
Dawn will get her justice !!!!!
Native Hoosier

Jamestown, TN

#23 Oct 24, 2010
Whoo Hoo!!!!!!
The man who shot and wounded Indianapolis police officer Jason Fishburn entered a guilty plea today on three felony murder charges.

Brian Reese, 38, Indianapolis, admitted to killing Clifford Haddix, 69, during a burglary at Haddix's Eastside home on July 6, 2008.
He also admitted killing Demetrius Allen, 22, and Crystal Joy Jenkins, 28, inside a Near-Eastside house two days later on July 8, 2008.
In exchange for his guilty plea, the Marion County prosecutor agreed to drop charges of robbery, burglary and carrying a handgun without a license.
Reese faces a maximum of 195 years in prison for the three murders. His sentencing is set for Dec. 16.
Reese already is serving 59 years for attempted murder for shooting Fishburn, an Indianapolis metro police officer, who still suffers disabilities from the shooting.
Also today, Reese's father, Paul Reese, 68, Indianapolis, entered a guilty plea on a burglary charge. He admitted serving as his son's lookout the day he entered the Haddix home. In exchange for his plea, prosecutors dropped charges of murder and robbery.
The elder Reese's plea agreement includes a provision for a 20-year sentence. He will have a formal sentencing hearing on Dec. 16, the same day as his son's.
NOW THEY WILL GET HIS DNA!
I remember them all

West Newton, IN

#24 Oct 29, 2010
If anyone has an udpate on the DNA please post....I was a neighbor down the street a ways from Dawn. I was a bit older than she was, by about 2 years. A group of us teens attended her viewing and also remember being so confused as to why the OBVIOUSLY guilty Reese's didn't go to jail. Evidence was found in the back of their vehicle from what I remember. That is one SICK family. And everyone who said they terrorized the neighborhood for years -- they are RIGHT. Just a sick family line.
Yahbyah: Could you please post a blog or something where we might keep up with her father?
BikerBiker53

United States

#25 Oct 29, 2010
As far as not being able to pick your relitives,...

Its doesnt mean you cant disown them.

IF,...I was related to the Reese family,..I would move as far away as I possiably could at the first chance I had.

Just for your information, you could also change your name, its not hard to do, and it doesnt cost hardly anything.

In a lot of states,.if your female, and divorced, you can simply just start using your maiden name, the one thats on your birth certificate,..

Change your last name to your moms side of the family,..no shame there.
redneck

Fishers, IN

#27 Dec 16, 2010
paul reese jr 3rd wrote:
all shit talkers do is make the reese family mad u shit talkers I am nothing like the rest of the reeses the line does stop so keep ur mouthes shut and mind ur own business
PaulSr is going to hell
I remember them all

West Newton, IN

#28 Dec 16, 2010
Looks like justice will be served soon... very thankful the case has been re-opened.
Amerie

Pryor, OK

#29 Feb 17, 2011
files are expected to filed soon and there is supposed to be a press conference today at 1pm
Amerie

Pryor, OK

#30 Feb 17, 2011
meant to say charges are going to be filed

Since: Oct 09

Carmel, IN

#31 Feb 17, 2011
Glad to hear that the family may finaly have justice although it has taken so long
Indiana Native

Jamestown, TN

#32 Feb 17, 2011
can someone please post an update as to the charges and info. that happens at the press conference I dont live in Indiana anymore , But i went to school with Dawn when this happened .
Former FMMS student

Noblesville, IN

#33 Feb 17, 2011
Paul Reese Sr. has been formally charged in the murder of Dawn Stuard today. Amen. I went to school with Dawn as well as Brian and Jeremy Reese. I can't imagine the pain that Dawn's family has to deal with. It could have been any of us girls. May she finally be able to rest in peace.
Former FMMS student

Noblesville, IN

#34 Feb 17, 2011
Indiana Native wrote:
can someone please post an update as to the charges and info. that happens at the press conference I dont live in Indiana anymore , But i went to school with Dawn when this happened .
Paul Reese Sr. has been formally charged in the murder of Dawn Stuard today. Amen. I went to school with Dawn as well as Brian and Jeremy Reese. I can't imagine the pain that Dawn's family has to deal with. It could have been any of us girls. May she finally be able to rest in peace.
Justice101

Indianapolis, IN

#35 Feb 17, 2011
Paul Reese Sr, a habitual criminal, who has been consistently labeled a non-threat to society by the Indiana Courts, has been charged with Stuard's 1986 murder. Reese's most recent crime involved a 69year old man who was killed because he happened to be inside his own home while it was being burglarized by Paul and Brian Reese. In this case, Reese Sr received a 20 year sentence. The court used his criminal history, violent tendencies and overall demeanor before making the decision to sentence him to 20yrs instead of life.

And, as is usually the case, the Reese children, who grew up poor, also grew up spoiled. No chores, no rules, no responsibilities. Live at home with mommy and daddy, they'll take care of yah. Sound familiar? In every neighborhood, these types exist, keep your eyes open!! Just because the courts say it's ok, IT ISN'T!!
IndySenior

United States

#36 Feb 18, 2011
I am interested in paying my respects to Dawn. Bless her heart. Looks like evidence will now prevail for a conviction. Does anyone know where Dawn is buried?

Since: Oct 09

Carmel, IN

#37 Feb 18, 2011
Justice101 wrote:
Paul Reese Sr, a habitual criminal, who has been consistently labeled a non-threat to society by the Indiana Courts, has been charged with Stuard's 1986 murder. Reese's most recent crime involved a 69year old man who was killed because he happened to be inside his own home while it was being burglarized by Paul and Brian Reese. In this case, Reese Sr received a 20 year sentence. The court used his criminal history, violent tendencies and overall demeanor before making the decision to sentence him to 20yrs instead of life.
And, as is usually the case, the Reese children, who grew up poor, also grew up spoiled. No chores, no rules, no responsibilities. Live at home with mommy and daddy, they'll take care of yah. Sound familiar? In every neighborhood, these types exist, keep your eyes open!! Just because the courts say it's ok, IT ISN'T!!
talk about family business??? take your son to work day??
Heard a jail informat said Sr was talking about how he was all stressed over something he did ... took someones life. I almost thought he might have felt some remorse then I woke up and realized he only felt sorry for HIMSELF!!!

beautiful young girl lost to the world way to soon! could have been anyones daughter sad day for society.

Since: Oct 09

Carmel, IN

#38 Feb 18, 2011
IndySenior wrote:
I am interested in paying my respects to Dawn. Bless her heart. Looks like evidence will now prevail for a conviction. Does anyone know where Dawn is buried?
How very kind of you!
just me

Itasca, IL

#39 Feb 18, 2011
may she now be a child of god and rest eternally in peace. bless her heart.
Indiana Native

Jamestown, TN

#40 Feb 18, 2011
Thank you for posting the information about the press release.

To Dawn's Family I have been praying for a long time for your family , I am so glad that , They have finally solved this case , I will pray for the conviction and that you may somehow find peace and comfort. Dawn was a very sweet girl, I have thought and prayed so much about her, She is still missed so much by fellow clasmates.
Dawn will be forever be in my heart.
Justice101

Indianapolis, IN

#41 Feb 22, 2011
totally kris wrote:
<quoted text>
talk about family business??? take your son to work day??
Heard a jail informat said Sr was talking about how he was all stressed over something he did ... took someones life. I almost thought he might have felt some remorse then I woke up and realized he only felt sorry for HIMSELF!!!
beautiful young girl lost to the world way to soon! could have been anyones daughter sad day for society.
I have long said that if this happened to my daughter, I would accept the consequences for my actions under the temporary insanity defense. It's hard for me to fathom that there are professionals out there who sympathize with this guy's behavior and that of his entire family. Makes one sick, but you read about it everyday!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Brown screams Mr Wilson 3 hr BlackGhettoThug 2
K-mart's shutting down 6 hr jack 20
Why do most Blacks hate Whites? (Jul '13) 7 hr Learn to Read 305
jack cottey deceased 7 hr Blackology 8
Could Terry Curry Be 1st Democratic 2-Term Pros... 7 hr Blackology 1
William montez 8 hr Mr Wu 4
Cop arrested on third DUI (Mar '07) Fri advocate in IL 136
Indianapolis Dating
Find my Match

Indianapolis Jobs

Indianapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Indianapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Indianapolis

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]