New hospital will expand Clarian's reach north

Clarian Health is increasing its presence in the metro area's fast-growing suburbs with plans to build a $180 million hospital in Fishers. Full Story
CrazyRob

Indianapolis, IN

#24 Nov 30, 2007
Speedwaymom wrote:
but moving to the 'burbs isn't doing it. North and West's ER's are flooded with non-paying patients...so I guess they are going for quantity?
Jay, Clarian isn't moving away from downtown. To the contrary there are building a new medical tower at Riley and have nearly completed a new cancer hospital attached to IU. Clarian is still serving the downtown community.
CrazyRob

Indianapolis, IN

#25 Nov 30, 2007
Jay wrote:
This is a lie: "The only way we can persevere and be financially robust is to be in the suburbs .. where there is growth and need"
Teanslation - we gotta get away from all these poor black people downtown...
Jay, Clarian isn't moving away from downtown. To the contrary there are building a new medical tower at Riley and have nearly completed a new cancer hospital attached to IU. Clarian is still serving the downtown community.
Amy

Highland, NY

#26 Nov 30, 2007
This is not about health care, it is about chasing senior dollars before they dry up (the seniors and the dollars). Why are these hospitals moving to the burbs? Think Willie Sutton.

I don't think competition lowers prices in health care because there isn't really any competition. There is simply a range in the quality of care.

“It's dangerous to be sincere”

Since: Apr 07

Fishers, Indiana

#27 Nov 30, 2007
They're already coming so what's the point. You obviously did noting to prevent this from happening so live with it.
former patient wrote:
I had my daughter recently at Clarian North. It was the worst experience in my life. This was my fourth child and I was looking for something special. I did not get it at all. Clarian builds beautiful hospitals without the customer service to back it up. Clarian stay out of Fishers!!
anonymous

Indianapolis, IN

#28 Nov 30, 2007
We need to pass a 'certificate of need' in order to stop this relentless expansion of the competing hospital systems. They are ruthless and cutthroat in their business tactics.
Helen

Indianapolis, IN

#29 Nov 30, 2007
Clarian should be ashamed. There is obviously no need on the north side of Indianapolis, or anywhere else in Indianapolis for another boutique hospital or any other type of hospital. Clarian has an obligation (and so do our state legislators) to protect scarce healthcare dollars. This duplication of labor, resources and dollars to serve what is considered to be a more lucrative population is not what Clarian should consider to be their "mission". If Clarian is the academic referral hospital, the afflluent should be more than willing to drive downtown where this care can be given. This is a complex problem without easy answers but competing with community hospitals like the one in Noblesville or those already in place is outrageous.
just chillin

Carmel, IN

#30 Nov 30, 2007
Al Depantsiu wrote:
Exit 10 and Saxony is Noblesville, not Fishers.
Actually "Al" the area of exit 10 is split between Noblesville and Fishers. Everything on the North and West side of I69 is Noblesville and everything on the south and east side is in Fishers. All three of the medical centers will be in Fishers as will the residential areas of Saxony.
Professional Urban Sprawl

Salt Lake City, UT

#31 Nov 30, 2007
Al Depantsiu wrote:
Exit 10 and Saxony is Noblesville, not Fishers.
The entire SAXONY project on the southside of 69 is Fishers. Hamilton Town Center is Noblesville.

...and will someone tell me where I am supposed to go in Fishers next time I need emergency medical treatment? EXACTLY! This hospital is needed in Fishers, and its easy access being right on 69 is perfect.

Silence to all of those Geist and Fishers residents who brag about it being "top 20 best places to live," but complain about healthcare and a new hospital, you need it....plus, your LAWN Care probably cost more than this.
Duh

Vernon Hills, IL

#32 Nov 30, 2007
Wow! And I thought the folks here
in Muncie were negative!
Yikes.
Shall Remain Nameless

Avon, IN

#33 Nov 30, 2007
Except in health care. Not true in health care. It equates to higher costs for patients.
Ed Godard wrote:
<quoted text>
If we paid for our costs out of pocket ourselves, instead of handing the whole thing over to the insurance industry, we might see the costs go down. One thing that will help, though, is having more hospitals and health care providers to choose from. Competition = lower costs.
OyVey

Grand Rapids, MI

#34 Nov 30, 2007
So.. do you work in the marketing department for Clarian?
jilly bean wrote:
QUOTE: The name is derived from the Latin word clarus, meaning "clear, distinct, bright, shining, brilliant; also illustrious, renowned, distinguished." Although the common spelling is clarion, a unique spelling was chosen "because the organization we are forming is unique," according to Loveday. The new organization's complete legal name is Clarian Health Partners, Inc.
See http://www.iuinfo.indiana.edu/homepages/1115/...
Paxton Barringer

AOL

#35 Nov 30, 2007
Clarian seems to be following the Starbucks model. Put a hospital on every corner. When all this building is completed we will all pay higher costs to maintain uneeded facilities. Indiana needs to bring back the Certificate of Need program before it's too late.
cro

Carmel, IN

#36 Nov 30, 2007
anonymous wrote:
We need to pass a 'certificate of need' in order to stop this relentless expansion of the competing hospital systems. They are ruthless and cutthroat in their business tactics.
You are 100% correct...this type of legislation exists in Illinois, why not here? Too much clout from hospitals? As for the comments regarding maternity rooms being compared to five-star hotels--what exactly is reason for this? Who is paying? You are in for a medical procedure, not a day at the spa.

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis, IN

#38 Nov 30, 2007
None of these opinions commented on the lack of a maternity care in the new hospital. How can a hospital build in a growing community without supplying the maternity needs to such a community. Do they think there are not going to be any new babies born in this area?!
Mike

Indianapolis, IN

#39 Nov 30, 2007
Not a Clarian fan. It's symptomatic of the problems of healthcare. When they fix the system, what will happen to all these new hospitals?
JustMe

Carmel, IN

#41 Nov 30, 2007
Announcing: Clarian to team up with Starbucks. Our goal is to have them on every corner.
bigger is NOT better

AOL

#46 Nov 30, 2007
I woulldn't take a dog to clarian anything anymore, they are not about good nursing care. They pride them selves in an all RN staff and beutiful buildings and grounds and the truth is the nursing care is substandard.

I have experience myself the debacle of an ER at Clarian West in Avon and I know of one doctor who is telling his patient not to go to that ER.

I and my family have changed health care systems and have started going to a different hospital. Much better in our opinion.
to Clarian stop trying to grow and concentrate on your nursing problems bring back the back bone of your nusing staff. Your LPN she/he is dedicated to the bedside nursing. Don't keep training UNLICENCED Techs to do nursing jobs.
JustMe

Carmel, IN

#47 Nov 30, 2007
Old news: http://www.newurbanobserver.com/new-urban-new...

INDIANAPOLIS, IN (New Urban Observer) December 6, 2006 - Clarian Health officially closed on the 95 acres on the northwest corner of the Saxony Development at I-69 and Exit 10 in Fishers, Ind., late last month

----------

From http://www.saxony-indiana.com/pressroom/index...

(The reason why Community's CEO spoke out against Clarian even though they have the same goals:

Community Health Network breaks ground

September 2, 2004

The Noblesville Ledger

Fishers Ė Community Health Network officials broke ground on a $7 million medical office pavilion August 31 in the Saxony neighborhood at 131st Street and Olio Road.

Itís expected to open in August 2005 and will hold physician offices, including family practice, internal medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics-gynecology, orthopedics, urology, allergy and dermatology. It will also have services such as rehabilitation, urgent care, imaging and labs.

A community room will be available for health classes, support groups, and community events.

Community Health Network purchased the 24-acre site in fall 2003.

The design of the 50,000 square foot facility is based on the medical mall concept.

The building will have a common area from which visitors can access physician practices.

Computer kiosks will be available for patients to obtain health information and learn more about services within the pavilion and Community Health Network.

----------

Wait....there's more: From: http://www.saxony-indiana.com/pressroom/index...

Rain didnít stop the groundbreaking ceremony for St. Vincentís new emergency center at I-69ís Exit 10 in Fishers. Nor did it stop the nearly 200 people that showed up to welcome the new St. Vincent Medical Center Northeast. Sister Lucille Beauchamp of the Daughters of Charity and a St. Vincent board member said ďitís truly a great dayÖand she even thanked God for the rain.
JustMe

Carmel, IN

#48 Nov 30, 2007
Three hospitals in one area????? That's nuts. Let's see...Clarian North is taken. Let's call it Clarian Starbuck's....there's one on every corner.
Speedwaymom

Peoria, IL

#49 Nov 30, 2007
They can't staff the hospitals they have now, check out the open positions on their website. It's a dangerous game, understaffed and overworked nurses...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
When Did Indy Become So Racist and Why? 1 hr Alonzo x 61
Vote to outlaw whittieeee Christmas 1 hr Cmoreblackbutts 15
Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band coming to Ba... 12 hr Kelly 7
A Thing To Do in Indianapolis 17 hr athingtodotoday 1
Xbox 360 Modding/Flashing Service $30.00 (Jul '10) Fri paxson233 20
Sears adds Indiana to closing list (Dec '11) Fri storm warning 11
Terry Moore-graduate of perry meridian? (Dec '08) Fri josmith281 10
Indianapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web