New hospital will expand Clarian's re...

New hospital will expand Clarian's reach north

There are 70 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 29, 2007, titled New hospital will expand Clarian's reach north. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Clarian Health is increasing its presence in the metro area's fast-growing suburbs with plans to build a $180 million hospital in Fishers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Not if I was dying

Crawfordsville, IN

#1 Nov 29, 2007
...would I want to be sent to Clarian
Corley is right

Crawfordsville, IN

#2 Nov 29, 2007
we don't need Clarian in Fishers! Community has served the NE side of Indy very well and Clarian is using its federal dollars to bully into other quadrants and out of the market they set out to serve originally.

Clarian's "call to change" is not a change for the better of Indy!
Dictionary

Crawfordsville, IN

#3 Nov 29, 2007
do you really want to trust your healthcare to Clarian who only care about grabbing your white collar dollars and getting you in and out the door (hopefully alive) as quick as possible? Additionally, they can't even spell - it is spelled "Clarion" and "Clarian" only means LEECH
former patient

Chardon, OH

#4 Nov 29, 2007
I had my daughter recently at Clarian North. It was the worst experience in my life. This was my fourth child and I was looking for something special. I did not get it at all. Clarian builds beautiful hospitals without the customer service to back it up. Clarian stay out of Fishers!!
TEMPLES OF DOOM

Fort Thomas, KY

#5 Nov 30, 2007
Patients and insurance companies have been ripped off for years by pourly run hospital systems. The insurance companies have figured it out and are cutting reimbursements substantially beginning next year.They are going to a Medicare based reimbursement system.Of course, the insurance companies will continue to raise your rates as they are business people you know.So who gets screwed? It is the patient who will pick up the tab.So what do we do? Work on our health individually and avoid drug based medicine. Alternitives exist and my experiance is that many of them work. Truth be known, the drugs the doctors dispense cause a major amount of the trips to the hospital, not the disease they were meant to cure. We Americans need to come out of our drug and alcohol induced comas and start thinking for ourselves. The medical community has failed us and more importantly, we have failed ourselves.
normal

Carmel, IN

#6 Nov 30, 2007
What is quality health care? Who can pay for this quality? This facility is for profit yet it is not subject to the same econs as Target or Sears or Best Buys. The health care consumer cannot buy a Consumer Reports to find the "best price" for quality health care as can be done for a washing machine.
Whether it's a mythical golden health insurer that pays 100% of the health care provider's bill or medicare...the reality is those who do not use health care pay for those who do...the individual cannot pay for "quality health care" or at least what is billed as quality health care.
jilly bean

Carmel, IN

#7 Nov 30, 2007
QUOTE: The name is derived from the Latin word clarus, meaning "clear, distinct, bright, shining, brilliant; also illustrious, renowned, distinguished." Although the common spelling is clarion, a unique spelling was chosen "because the organization we are forming is unique," according to Loveday. The new organization's complete legal name is Clarian Health Partners, Inc.

See http://www.iuinfo.indiana.edu/homepages/1115/...
jazzyjan

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Nov 30, 2007
Wow! A hospital on every corner. I have no doubt this is one of the reasons my health insurance just went up $200 per month. We're oversaturated with hospitals and healthcare facilities. And.... doesn't Dan Evans reside in Chicago?
Speedwaymom

Lawrenceburg, IN

#9 Nov 30, 2007
If Clarian spent as much money as they do on building on their employees, we'd all be safer patients. I used to work in a Clarian ER...scary place...the stories I could tell would curl your hair...
Just ASKING

Duncan, OK

#10 Nov 30, 2007
Everywhere you look there is a hospital. There is no shortage of money; in fact they are charging toooo much. Why don't they drop the ridiculous costs? Obviously, the health care industry has more than enough Money to do anything; therefore they should help Americans much as possible, not illegal aliens...Drop the OUTRAGIOUS FEES AND COSTS...
This is what the government should be working on.
The Health care industry is like the mafia....
Speedwaymom

Lawrenceburg, IN

#11 Nov 30, 2007
they have to charge those of us with insurance as much as they can to compensate for all the health care they have to give away...they don't turn anyone away, even for a cold...then the taxpayers have to pay the bill.
Jay

United States

#12 Nov 30, 2007
Gotta get away from those darn poor people.
Jay

United States

#13 Nov 30, 2007
Backwards. They charge the uninsured 2-3 times as much, then write off when they can't collect, and call it charity.

Healthcare in Indy has nothing to do with making people better, it's all about the money. And building hospitals away from Center township...
Speedwaymom wrote:
they have to charge those of us with insurance as much as they can to compensate for all the health care they have to give away...they don't turn anyone away, even for a cold...then the taxpayers have to pay the bill.
Jay

United States

#14 Nov 30, 2007
This is a lie: "The only way we can persevere and be financially robust is to be in the suburbs .. where there is growth and need"
Teanslation - we gotta get away from all these poor black people downtown...
Speedwaymom

Lawrenceburg, IN

#15 Nov 30, 2007
but moving to the 'burbs isn't doing it. North and West's ER's are flooded with non-paying patients...so I guess they are going for quantity?
Al Depantsiu

Round Lake, IL

#16 Nov 30, 2007
Exit 10 and Saxony is Noblesville, not Fishers.
Ed Godard

Round Lake, IL

#17 Nov 30, 2007
Just ASKING wrote:
Everywhere you look there is a hospital. There is no shortage of money; in fact they are charging toooo much. Why don't they drop the ridiculous costs? Obviously, the health care industry has more than enough Money to do anything; therefore they should help Americans much as possible, not illegal aliens...Drop the OUTRAGIOUS FEES AND COSTS...
This is what the government should be working on.
The Health care industry is like the mafia....
If we paid for our costs out of pocket ourselves, instead of handing the whole thing over to the insurance industry, we might see the costs go down. One thing that will help, though, is having more hospitals and health care providers to choose from. Competition = lower costs.
Dr Z

Fort Wayne, IN

#19 Nov 30, 2007
Another boutique hospital on the north side...great!!!
Fishers Dad

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Nov 30, 2007
former patient wrote:
I had my daughter recently at Clarian North. It was the worst experience in my life. This was my fourth child and I was looking for something special. I did not get it at all. Clarian builds beautiful hospitals without the customer service to back it up. Clarian stay out of Fishers!!
My wife and I too recently had a daughter at Clarian North. We found the entire experience to be perfect. We were treated like we were staying at a Five Star hotel and it was a very smooth experience. The staff was very warm and attentive to my wifes needs. We chose Clarian North becuase my wifes OB's office was located there and again we were very pleased with the level of service we recieved. This was the second child we have had in a Clarian Hospital.
Noblesville Dude

Noblesville, IN

#23 Nov 30, 2007
Al Depantsiu wrote:
Exit 10 and Saxony is Noblesville, not Fishers.
The land that Clarian is going to build on is in Fishers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gorka’s Fate ‘Extremely Uncertain’ as Boss Bann... 1 hr TrumpedAntifa 2
Dick Racist Gregory Dead 1 hr TrumpedAntifa 3
Indiana Fever 1 hr chicagos 3
Thank God Hillary didn't win! 1 hr TrumpedDeepState 2
News Indiana State Fair asks vendors to drop Confede... 11 hr Confederates Lost... 2
Neo-Nazi who attended Charlottesville Neo-Nazi ... Sun Please get help 3
News Let it Out (Oct '07) Sun chicagos 250

Indianapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages