VA Hospital Indianapolis worse than P...

VA Hospital Indianapolis worse than Phoenix

Posted in the Indianapolis Forum

a veterans son

Indianapolis, IN

#1 May 1, 2014
My father, a 77 year old war hero, has alzheimers. He retired disabled from injuries in Vietnam. When a UT infection caused his alzheimers to spiral out of control, he just went crazy and was taken by police to the Indianapolis VA Hospital. They really messed things up. First, there was no room. So they outsourced him to a hospital 30 miles away that specializes in teen drug addiction, where he was parked for 5 weeks. When they finally found a room for him at VA, the treatment was just awful. The psychiatrist kept being unavailable; she was always off at school meetings for her young kid; never seeing my father. The hospital said he deteriorated beyond being able to come home. But they didn't have any nursing home or facility they could move him to. All the beds in the Indiana War Veterans Home were reserved for Medicaid veterans. Nothing for my father; they claimed it was full; even though only a very small fraction of their occupancy had been met. They dumped him of course. Told us to just pick him up and take him home. My elderly mother left to deal with him at home alone. So here we are, a year later, doing what we can, with no help whatsoever from the VA. So am I surprised at what is taking place in Phoenix? No. Tip of the iceberg.
Andrew

Toledo, OH

#3 May 1, 2014
Left overs from Bush
Vote For Ballard

Chicago, IL

#4 May 1, 2014
Hospitals and healthcare should be of no concern.

What we need are fully staffed and opulent stadiums!

I had a dream.....A beautiful and ostentatious soccer stadium paid for by taxpayers...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where to get a little loving? 5 hr truth 4
Bruce Kaityln Jenner 13 hr nono 8
A Young Stefan Halper Played The Role of Oswald... 13 hr nono 10
About Truth 13 hr truth 2
Greenwood Indiana 16 hr truth 2
TruthBeKnown Fri truth 5
News Hookah bar slated to open in downtown Richmond Fri lol 2

Indianapolis Jobs

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages