Ind. mom charged with starving son, 4

Aug 20, 2010 Full story: Indianapolis Star 17

A southeastern Indiana woman faces child neglect and reckless homicide charges alleging she starved to death her 4-year-old son, who weighed 12 pounds when police found his emaciated body in a crib.

Full Story
Corkybelle

Sterling, IL

#1 Aug 20, 2010
This woman is horrible!! What kind of person let alone mother would do this to ANY child!!! It's was her child and she was supposed to CARE for him. Both mentally and physically! Neither of which she gave him. To be 4 and only weigh 12 pounds???!!!! Why did no one turn her in before he died? Where was the rest of the family or friends???? She didn't have money to feed him but she did for BAIL?????? This is one of the most horrifying things I've read!
really

New Castle, IN

#2 Aug 21, 2010
She's out on bail - the father who beat him so badly that he was handicapped for the rest of his life only got 5 years.
This is an outrage. These two should never be allowed to walk the streets again, or reproduce.
ERRRRGGGG

Jamestown, TN

#3 Sep 2, 2010
this is awful , Anymore I really dont care about laws and all that , people need to be punished the way they do a crime ! if they stab someone they need stabbed if they shoot they need shot ! If they starve their kids they need to starve !
its just that simple !
things are way out of hand
people get by with just a slap on the wrist .
people who kill need to die the same way the victim died
Oh and if I mispelled anything oh well, I didnt proof read.
really

New Castle, IN

#4 Sep 4, 2010
Can't fill the prisons up with violent offenders, or there'd be no room for the marijuana offenders.
Myron

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Sep 4, 2010
What mom in her right mind would starve her own child? You'd have to be half-crazy, high on drugs most of the time, or be heavily influenced by mental midgets.

The latter seems to be the case here.

Much of her mental instability was acquired from the effects of living so close to Rushville. The hillbilly influence of living in such close proximity to Rushville cannot be discounted.
Corkybelle

Sterling, IL

#7 Sep 8, 2010
I see that most of the posts are marked with the bad signs. So that makes me think either she or her family have been on here. How sad is it they couldn't feed this boy but they sure want to cover up what they did. This woman, her husband and ALL the people who were around this boy need locked up and starved! She KILLED this boy and they need to put a MURDER charge on her and her husband. I don't care if he didn't adopt him. He lived with them and watched her starve him! THROW THEM IN JAIL AND THROW AWAY THE KEY!!!
eye for an eye

Louisville, KY

#8 Sep 9, 2010
ERRRRGGGG wrote:
this is awful , Anymore I really dont care about laws and all that , people need to be punished the way they do a crime ! if they stab someone they need stabbed if they shoot they need shot ! If they starve their kids they need to starve !
its just that simple !
things are way out of hand
people get by with just a slap on the wrist .
people who kill need to die the same way the victim died
Oh and if I mispelled anything oh well, I didnt proof read.
AMEN to that!!! the good ole eye for eye and tooth for a tooth and show that on the news!!!!
wondering

Dayton, OH

#9 Sep 14, 2010
lets see.. numerous arrests for stealing anhydrous, get $50000 bind.. kill your kid, get the insurance money??? and a $1500 bond and out in 2 hrs... 3 months to prosecute and the husband living in the same house....NOTHING... BINGO. looks like being hooked up in society works!
Billy Hill

United States

#10 Sep 14, 2010
Myron wrote:
What mom in her right mind would starve her own child? You'd have to be half-crazy, high on drugs most of the time, or be heavily influenced by mental midgets.
The latter seems to be the case here.
Much of her mental instability was acquired from the effects of living so close to Rushville. The hillbilly influence of living in such close proximity to Rushville cannot be discounted.
Myron is right.
one word

Greensburg, IN

#11 Feb 17, 2011
She need to be in prison the rest of her LIFE.....
Wow

Chicago, IL

#12 Feb 20, 2011
They should starve and beat her as well!
Wondering

Greensburg, IN

#13 Feb 21, 2011
I wonder if the mom even put herslf in that poor little boys shoes ??? You know they have plenty of places anymore where you can get food so there is no reason why he had to go through this . And where was the fmaily and friends at ????????
Realization

Sullivan, IN

#14 Feb 21, 2011
Unfortunately, family and friends aren't able to do anything, unless they have some sort of influence. We have a government system that does not care about children. CPS is nothing more than a moneymaking scheme. No one knows just how bad this system is until they try to help a child who is in trouble. The worst part is when the abuser finds a support group who ignore what is right in front of their eyes making the abuser feel justified in what is being done to the child. It pretty much kills the stance of the Republican party being family oriented. If they don't care about the welfare of a child enough to at least look into it, then they are giving their stamp of approval to the abuse.
Jennifer Justice

United States

#15 Feb 22, 2011
1. A carmel police officer, who used to be a part of impd said, "In Indiana children are just property."
2. You do not starve your child.
3. Children are not property.
4. In Carmel, Indiana only the rich have rights.
5. The IMPD are nice. The courts????
6. Poor abused boy from Carmel High School
7. The High School did not care, the family had to hire an attorney. Why. Carmel Police should help???/
8. When people are property it is a Communist State.
9. What kind of state do you live in America?
Jennifer Justice

United States

#16 Feb 22, 2011
Our courts up north only care about rich people.
They are hurting people in Hamilton County, Indiana.
No justice. Unethical courts, do not care. Property.
My children are just property and so was I. Real sad that Mitch wants to run for President and can't help his own state.
Un- Justice 101

United States

#17 Feb 22, 2011
My ex put bruises on my son, hurt his rib/ while the Father was drunk. The northern side police thinks it is OK that happened and will not check his house for drugs???? the judge got a DUI in North Carolina. Interesting justice????
smdh

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Jun 26, 2013
SMDH

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
More lessons for Black people 2 hr Bumpus 7
Jacob Nay NC Coach resigns sex allegation (Mar '11) 3 hr Random 45
Lessons For Black People 4 hr Seymorebutts 22
Disney keeps star despite nude pics (Sep '07) Thu lela 172
Willie Wilson Thu That Girl 7
illegals to get big tax refund checks Thu The Greatest Kaptoz 6
Where to get herbal incense/spice/potpourri in ... (May '13) Tue The K2 Guy Shop 62
Indianapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Indianapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
6 Best Options to Replace T-Rich This Offseason
CBS Sports 5:55 AM