Sidewalke smoking outside of bars. Di...

Sidewalke smoking outside of bars. Did not take someone long to complain.

Posted in the Indianapolis Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#1 Jun 19, 2012
Here is the letter in the Star today: To funny.

After leaving a nice evening in Fountain Square, we walked back to our car and had to walk by three or four bars. We were subjected to several people standing outside smoking. A month ago we would have been able to make this walk in smoke-free air, but now the law has forced the smokers to the street.

I never went to bars because smoke bothers me a lot, but now I get to enjoy the toxic fumes when I walk down the street. So my family is punished so that people who choose to work in bars will have better air? The same is true after leaving Colts games. Either ban smoking on public sidewalks or let them smoke inside, but give those of us walking down the side walk the right not to have to breathe smoke that is too dangerous to be inside the bar.

Donald Webb http://blogs.indystar.com/letters/2012/06/18/...
Mary

United States

#2 Jun 19, 2012
DavidM wrote:

After leaving a nice evening in Fountain Square, we walked back to our car and had to walk by three or four bars. We were subjected to several people standing outside smoking. A month ago we would have been able to make this walk in smoke-free air, but now the law has forced the smokers to the street.

I never went to bars because smoke bothers me a lot, but now I get to enjoy the toxic fumes when I walk down the street. So my family is punished so that people who choose to work in bars will have better air? The same is true after leaving Colts games. Either ban smoking on public sidewalks or let them smoke inside, but give those of us walking down the side walk the right not to have to breathe smoke that is too dangerous to be inside the bar.

Excellent! I can smell the smoke two blocks away.

We all should carry super soakers and squirt the offending smoke when we see or smell it. The defense will be "just putting out the fire. ".
Kay

Duncan, OK

#3 Jun 19, 2012
Yes we can rove around in a pack with red berets on and shoot anyone we see smoking with a squirt gun.

Red would be our solo and Hot Tails the name of our gang!
allergic

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Jun 20, 2012
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
We all should carry super soakers and squirt the offending smoke when we see or smell it. The defense will be "just putting out the fire. ".
then i get to punch your smelly, screaming brat baby in the face or taser it when I walk by? fun times
Pauly

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Jun 20, 2012
allergic wrote:
<quoted text>then i get to punch your smelly, screaming brat baby in the face or taser it when I walk by? fun times
I think it would be better to pease on the offending fire and smoke.
Peter Jennings

Muncie, IN

#6 Jun 20, 2012
I'm just glad I don't have to stand outside to smoke anymore.
Mary

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Jun 20, 2012
allergic wrote:
<quoted text>then i get to punch your smelly, screaming brat baby in the face or taser it when I walk by? fun times
You are a typical abortionist. You would do anything to kill a baby!
practical minded

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Jun 20, 2012
what happened to common courtesy and decency? I see no reason to harm anyone. smokers need to be considerate at work or in public, ive been the victim of a violent crime and there is no place in the world it is ok to hurt anyone. dont you think in indiana with the nra crowd that its probably not a good idea to abuse strangers? and before you ask, no, I wasnt asking for trouble or asking for it.

Indianapolis

#9 Jun 22, 2012
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you push for a ban on the sale of tobacco instead of complaining about smokers? Or don't you want to make up for the taxes these smokers pay. BTW, we will see another bill soon to hurt the poor people who smoke. New Tax on pipe tobacco. To many people who want to save money or can not afford the $2 dollar tax on a pack of store brought cigarettes. Just to many roll your own is showing up in about every tobacco stores across Indiana.
The Ultimate Kaptoz

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Jun 22, 2012
The only reason they go after tobacco , Is because they contribute more to the republican party . I didn't see one complaint about pot smokers who light up anyplace and the smell of weed linger son their clothing forever and in their hair. It's funny how liberals are fast to go after smoking ciggs but not weed. Most of those Liberals smoke that weed daily. Recent studies have shown weed causes more lung cancer than ciggs not to mention lower sperm count and premature aging.I bet more than half on the city council smoke weed daily. Look at gas prices also, Under GWB liberals were rabid and screaming about gas at $2 bucks a gallon, Where is code pink now, They camped out at the GWB ranch and were always let into any meeting to scream at republicans . This proves Obama and the Dem party paid for them to rant.
Moe

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Jun 22, 2012
Obama is by far the greatest President we have had since Kennedy. Followed closely by Bill Clinton.

If Reagan would have stayed in movies, we would not be having the pension and financial troubles we are having now. Reagan is strangling this country from the grave.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#12 Jun 24, 2012
Right David M that is funny. Whats funnier is soon street punk gangs will hold people down and blow smoke in their face. Or better yet.... Gimmie your wallet or I will puff smoke all on ya!
someone who knows

Lebanon, VA

#13 Nov 5, 2012
DavidM wrote:
You are probably a person who wheres to much cologne. And offends people. So suck it up
bahaha

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Nov 5, 2012
someone who knows wrote:
<quoted text>You are probably a person who wheres to much cologne. And offends people. So suck it up
Reminds me of the doucheybag who loads up on polo like its still 1985

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#15 Nov 6, 2012
DavidM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you push for a ban on the sale of tobacco instead of complaining about smokers? Or don't you want to make up for the taxes these smokers pay. BTW, we will see another bill soon to hurt the poor people who smoke. New Tax on pipe tobacco. To many people who want to save money or can not afford the $2 dollar tax on a pack of store brought cigarettes. Just to many roll your own is showing up in about every tobacco stores across Indiana.
I think it would be best if there were specific smoking-designated bars and restaurants; perhaps a license to allow smoking for a nominal fee, which would create a little extra revenue for the state. If someone chooses to work there, they know that they will come in contact with smoke.

People are still going to smoke if they want to, whether on the sidewalk or in a private setting. I agree that it's not a healthy habit, but do we really need to have the law acting as our family doctor? What I find ironic is that alcohol is also deadly but legal and is promoted and glamorized in the media. How many people do you think leave the bars in a cab or with a designated driver? Some do, but there are still a lot of drunk drivers. No one ever caused an accident by having too much nicotine in their bloodstream.

Indianapolis

#16 Nov 6, 2012
I agree except with the license to allow smoking for a nominal fee. Why not turn it around and charge the non-smoking bars a nominal fee. Why does the state need more money? They are giving a refund t his year.
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it would be best if there were specific smoking-designated bars and restaurants; perhaps a license to allow smoking for a nominal fee, which would create a little extra revenue for the state. If someone chooses to work there, they know that they will come in contact with smoke.
People are still going to smoke if they want to, whether on the sidewalk or in a private setting. I agree that it's not a healthy habit, but do we really need to have the law acting as our family doctor? What I find ironic is that alcohol is also deadly but legal and is promoted and glamorized in the media. How many people do you think leave the bars in a cab or with a designated driver? Some do, but there are still a lot of drunk drivers. No one ever caused an accident by having too much nicotine in their bloodstream.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#17 Nov 6, 2012
DavidM wrote:
I agree except with the license to allow smoking for a nominal fee. Why not turn it around and charge the non-smoking bars a nominal fee. Why does the state need more money? They are giving a refund t his year.
<quoted text>
Just a thought. Maybe the money can go to the American Lung Association - lol!
someone who knows

United States

#18 Nov 6, 2012
I want a no kid section as well. I dont smoke but I dont have a problem with people who do. Everybody has the right to do or be what they want. But I hate to set down to a meal and jr has a sceamming kid. My mother wears hearing aides and idf she turns them off she cant hear the talk at our table. But screaming kids are to much for her. Newflash! Its not cute when they are disturbing those around you. And people who take a bath in perfume. I cant breathe. Sends me to a breathing treatment everytime!
OUtbound

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Nov 6, 2012
The Ultimate Kaptoz wrote:
The only reason they go after tobacco , Is because they contribute more to the republican party . I didn't see one complaint about pot smokers who light up anyplace and the smell of weed linger son their clothing forever and in their hair. It's funny how liberals are fast to go after smoking ciggs but not weed. Most of those Liberals smoke that weed daily. Recent studies have shown weed causes more lung cancer than ciggs not to mention lower sperm count and premature aging.I bet more than half on the city council smoke weed daily. Look at gas prices also, Under GWB liberals were rabid and screaming about gas at $2 bucks a gallon, Where is code pink now, They camped out at the GWB ranch and were always let into any meeting to scream at republicans . This proves Obama and the Dem party paid for them to rant.
Why do you insist on spewing out the most idiotic rants possible? I am a full blown republican and I SMOKE WEED, DUMBASS@!!!.
I can smoke weed all day and work out with ZERO side effects. Tobacco, no, I'm done after 10 minutes, but weed, causes me NO ILL EFFECTS. In fact, I smoked weed this morning, and YET, here I am at work and NOBODY has smelled jack shit on me. And NO, I didn't apply perfume!
Please, take some of your meds and go knit a fucking scarf or something.
triose

Mooresville, IN

#20 Nov 6, 2012
OUtbound wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you insist on spewing out the most idiotic rants possible? I am a full blown republican and I SMOKE WEED, DUMBASS@!!!.
I can smoke weed all day and work out with ZERO side effects. Tobacco, no, I'm done after 10 minutes, but weed, causes me NO ILL EFFECTS. In fact, I smoked weed this morning, and YET, here I am at work and NOBODY has smelled jack shit on me. And NO, I didn't apply perfume!
Please, take some of your meds and go knit a fucking scarf or something.
Well nobody smelled jackshit on you because you smoked weed...if you had smoked jackshit, you'd smell like, ahhh...jackshit !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
punishment (Jul '15) 5 hr 1BIGObamination 7
Dancers showclub (Mar '13) Sun Fool isnt the word 19
Poll Which Indiana city/town should claim Tony Stewart? (Feb '08) Sun Boy from Homer 40
News Odor complaints flood Hamilton County, Indianap... Jul 22 Lavon Affair 2
News Pence: I'll campaign for Trump anywhere, anytime Jul 22 PURIM PARTY 30
Know anybody with rare, old coins/currency? Jul 22 wizard of ZOG 2
Spiro Agnew (Nov '14) Jul 22 agnew legacy 8

Indianapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages