Atlas Shrugged

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Jul 15, 2009
We have to end the decay that Section 8 housing is visiting upon us. This is not a new diatribe. Everyone already knows that Section 8 housing vouchers destroy a community. All any 18 year old girl needs to do is get pregnant to begin a career of free townhouses and food stamps for life. And the notion that there is some limit in duration to these benefits is laughable. Section 8 pays market value rent to landlords offering less than market value housing. Its lucrative. Most landlords won't accept section 8. But a few will. So you get cities with a few landlords running hundreds of section 8 properties and raking in $40,000 per month. It destroys the proud homeowner ethic of middle class families tending their homes. Suddenly yards are overgrown. Children run wild. Police runs become more frequent. Indianapolis has to find a way out of the Section 8 trap. Its not racist. Middle class black families hate the trashing of their neighborhoods too. Want crime to stop in Indianapolis? Stop section 8.
Rich Carmelite

Avon, IN

#2 Jul 15, 2009
We don't have that here in Carmel, so it doesn't really concern me.
Amerie

Pryor, OK

#3 Jul 21, 2009
Rich Carmelite wrote:
We don't have that here in Carmel, so it doesn't really concern me.
as long as a landlord or an apartment complex in Carmel accepts section 8 the tenates can live there you would be surprised who is on section 8.the average person on section 8 is not a 20 year old black girl with three kids.it is the elderly.

first of all ANYONE can qualify for section 8 . It doesnt matter if you have children or not.A single man without children will qualify for section 8 as long as he is within the income guidelines.You can also have a job while on section 8 too.most of the time a person on section 8 has a job but doesnt make that much money.For example if the rent is 650.Section 8 might pay 400 and the tenant will have to pay the remaining 250 depending on how much income that they have.secondly a girl with children cannot just walk into the section 8 office and ask for assistance or a voucher .Every 7-10 years section does a lottery and open the waiting list.They might announce on friday that they are having a lottery next week for three days mon-wed.They have everyone feel out a packet with their name and address included.The packets are mailed into the section 8 office.The packets have to be post marked by a certain time.After this the client is assigned a number and their name is added to the list .Section 8 will close the waiting list until they work off all those people on the list this usually takes 5-7 years.Once everyone is worked off the list section 8 reopens the list again.The last time the list was opened in Indianapolis was 2004.There were over 6000 people on the list....No im not on section 8 I just know a lot about it because of the profession that I am in.
Nicky

Marysville, OH

#4 Aug 10, 2009
Atlas Shrugged wrote:
We have to end the decay that Section 8 housing is visiting upon us. This is not a new diatribe. Everyone already knows that Section 8 housing vouchers destroy a community. All any 18 year old girl needs to do is get pregnant to begin a career of free townhouses and food stamps for life. And the notion that there is some limit in duration to these benefits is laughable. Section 8 pays market value rent to landlords offering less than market value housing. Its lucrative. Most landlords won't accept section 8. But a few will. So you get cities with a few landlords running hundreds of section 8 properties and raking in $40,000 per month. It destroys the proud homeowner ethic of middle class families tending their homes. Suddenly yards are overgrown. Children run wild. Police runs become more frequent. Indianapolis has to find a way out of the Section 8 trap. Its not racist. Middle class black families hate the trashing of their neighborhoods too. Want crime to stop in Indianapolis? Stop section 8.
Who ever typed this comment is so ignorant and narrow minded. There nothing wrong with helping low income families with housing. Every one that receives section 8 is not a ghetto mess and have the police coming in and out of the neighborhood. you wouldn't know. you sound like a racist fool who's tired of paying his own way in the world and need a target.Don't take it out on this web site or people that need assistance. White people receive section 8 as well as single men with or with out children.God don't like ugly and you seem to be very ugly on the inside.
YOUNEEDPRAYER

Houston, TX

#5 Nov 23, 2013
Do NOT stop section 8 but yet design an housing program that has balance......
Atlas Shrugged wrote:
The Patriot of Wisdom

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Nov 24, 2013
Fact is Nicky Little Nicky is that section 8 and How social security was hijacked by both party's repubs and dems , It was intended for widows who lost husbands in wars and for the blind. FDR knew ss was a lie actually never meant to be collected on by the vast majority of people who retired.Now back to section 8, In Indianapolis you can blame Stephen Goldsmith who allowed section 8 housing to cover all of Indianapolis region,Then he left town to NY, How nice how Stevie also lived in an undisclosed home hidden from the public, You can bet it was in Carmel or Geist not on Meridian street , I grew up in Indianapolis and seen what section 8 housing does to a neighborhood very fast. I have watched very good neighborhoods the moment section 8 housing and slum lords take over does to that neighborhood in value and the vast crime that overtakes it.Little Nicky for you to act as though section 8 doesn't cause crime, It is also fact most that receive those section 8 vouchers are black and now many are Hispanic illegals. Our whole housing collapse was created under Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter Kennedy.Nicky you want the truth CHECKOUT WELLAWARE1.COM . MANY NEIGHBORHOODS ARE DESTROYED BY ZIONIST JEWS SO THEY CAN REDEVELOP THE LAND AFTER THE WHITES LEAVE AND BLACKS MOVE IN AND DESTROY THOSE ONCE VERY NICE WHITE NEIGHBORHOODS OF LOW CRIME AND GREAT HOUSING VALUES.MANY OF THOSE ZIONIST JEWS LIVE IN FLORIDA IN NICE HUGE MANSIONS OR IN MANHATTAN , THEY COLLECT THEIR SLUMLORD RENT AND THEN MAKE TONS DEVELOPING THE LAND WHEN THEY GET YUPPIES TO MOVE BACK INTO THE SAME AREA THEY HELPED TO DESTROY TO PROFIT OFF.GO TO THE MOST JEWISH NEIGHBORHOODS , YOU WONT SEE ANY BLACKS PEOPLE OR HISPANICS , ALL THEW BUSINESS'S ARE JEWISH OWNED AND RUN, THEY ONLY DO BUSINESS AMONGST OTHER JEWS. THEY ARE NEVER CALLED BIGOTS OR RACIST.JEWS BROUGHT SLAVERY TO AMERICA AND MOST OF THIS WORLD AND MADE HUGE PROFITS FROM IT. JEWS DONT SEE THEMSELVES AS WHITE PEOPLE I MEAN GENTILES. JEWS SEE THEMSELVES AS THE CHOSEN PEOPLE ALWAYS.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#8 Nov 24, 2013
Mom, I think it's time to up uncle Kappy's meds again. He woke me around 4 this morning yelling about gentiles, Jews and something about section 8 housing. And Pam's thong is missing again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
When Did Indy Become So Racist and Why? 55 min Alonzo x 64
Vote to outlaw whittieeee Christmas 5 hr Cmoreblackbutts 15
Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band coming to Ba... 17 hr Kelly 7
A Thing To Do in Indianapolis 21 hr athingtodotoday 1
Xbox 360 Modding/Flashing Service $30.00 (Jul '10) Fri paxson233 20
Sears adds Indiana to closing list (Dec '11) Fri storm warning 11
Terry Moore-graduate of perry meridian? (Dec '08) Fri josmith281 10
Indianapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web