Three jailed without bond in Indianap...

Three jailed without bond in Indianapolis gas explosion

There are 68 comments on the HeraldTimesOnline.com story from Dec 24, 2012, titled Three jailed without bond in Indianapolis gas explosion. In it, HeraldTimesOnline.com reports that:

Residents whose Indianapolis homes were battered by a gas explosion and relatives of a couple who were killed packed a court hearing Monday for the three suspects charged with rigging the blast.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at HeraldTimesOnline.com.

Joe

Granger, IN

#22 Dec 26, 2012
jjr wrote:
<quoted text>Sad and senseless. All for the almighty dollar. The death of the Longworth couple. Pets. I really wonder if Leonard has any sense of the magnitude of destruction. I really believe he thought he'd get away with it. I wonder if he even flinched when he heard about the devastation.I hate to say it, but ashame he didn't save the taxpayers some money and just off himself.
You never know, once faced with the likelihood of life in prison with no chance of parole, he may do us all a favor. If not that, then maybe he'll get brave and run a scam on the wrong person in prison.
At first I'm sure he felt he was smart enough to get away with it, but once the neighborhood blew up, two people died and the feds sent their teams in, he more than likely knew it was a matter of days before they came for him. The investigators tracked down the van and the nephew rather quickly. The evidence stacked up and pointed right at him and his cohorts.
Peter

Indianapolis, IN

#23 Dec 26, 2012
Loving that camel toe soup for the rest of your life.
Observer

Indianapolis, IN

#24 Dec 26, 2012
I read all of the post,,and Joe's post are right on. there is no doubt that if Ms Shirley tells who this 4th person is, and agrees to testify she could with a good lawyer might even get less than 20 years,,if not and shes found guilty she will get 65 years & do a minimum of 30 years behind bars. that means she will die in there
If not the state may even make a deal with the Main Devil Mark,,it wouldnt be above him to turn on his brother and his GF, to see some freedom someday.
As far as the Death penalty I dont believe a jury would give any of them that, because like Joe said people being killed was not part of their original plan
pek

Indianapolis, IN

#25 Dec 26, 2012
I just wonder if she is any good in bed!
Winter

Freeport, IL

#26 Dec 26, 2012
My personal opinion is, that there is a lot of hard-up, desperate women who would allow a man to "sweet talk" her into money or anything for that matter. Being a woman, I guess I would never be that desperate for a man even if he shit gold bars! Shirley knew he was a terrible person and allowed him to live in her home with her daughter. She is as guilty, if not more, for what happened in Richmond Hills.
jjr wrote:
I think this Leonard must have been one sweet talking fellow. I saw some of the women on the news that he ran his game on. Wonder what he has done we don't know about. He's like a drunk driver, they don't kill themselves, but it's always others that pay the price. I think if he is ever released he will be a repeat offender. Con after con. As for Ms. Shirley, I can only pray this was her uh-oh moment.
Joe

Granger, IN

#27 Dec 27, 2012
Observer wrote:
I read all of the post,,and Joe's post are right on. there is no doubt that if Ms Shirley tells who this 4th person is, and agrees to testify she could with a good lawyer might even get less than 20 years,,if not and shes found guilty she will get 65 years & do a minimum of 30 years behind bars. that means she will die in there
If not the state may even make a deal with the Main Devil Mark,,it wouldnt be above him to turn on his brother and his GF, to see some freedom someday.
As far as the Death penalty I dont believe a jury would give any of them that, because like Joe said people being killed was not part of their original plan
I think all of us would hate to see M. Leonard get any kind of deal. Certainly, I see him as the one crying for one the loudest because he knows exactly what he faces with prison life. He would rat out his mother if he thought it would benefit him.
I doubt if Moncy ever returns to her profession as a nurse, but there's other productive positions available for gainful employment for someone educated. There is a price to pay, though. I'll let the DA decide what is best based on her remorse and willingness to help put the others behind bars.
The last thing I want to see is a trial that makes the families of the deceased relive the entire nightmare over and over. Moncy can help tremendously by providing the testimony that sinks Leonard's ship.
jjr

Greenwood, IN

#28 Dec 27, 2012
I assume the jury will never hear of M. Leonard's prior arrests and his con game on the women since it is irrelavent. What a shame. I agree about the death penalty. No way since it was never their intent to kill.I would be surprised of Ms. Shirley gets more than 20 years. I assumed she didn't have a prior record. Being a nurse and mother to young child the jury might have a soft spot for her. I hope the Leonard brothers are very old men before they see freedom again.
jjr

Greenwood, IN

#29 Dec 27, 2012
I have a feeling Moncy Shirley will be portrayed as a victim of Mark Leonard. That too might get her off the hook a bit. I hate to say it, but Bob Leonard looked, well, just plain dumb. So that leaves Mark Leonard as the captain of this ship of fools. I am anxious see to who the attorneys will be for this crew.
Joe

Granger, IN

#30 Dec 27, 2012
jjr wrote:
I assume the jury will never hear of M. Leonard's prior arrests and his con game on the women since it is irrelavent. What a shame. I agree about the death penalty. No way since it was never their intent to kill.I would be surprised of Ms. Shirley gets more than 20 years. I assumed she didn't have a prior record. Being a nurse and mother to young child the jury might have a soft spot for her. I hope the Leonard brothers are very old men before they see freedom again.
jjr wrote:
I have a feeling Moncy Shirley will be portrayed as a victim of Mark Leonard. That too might get her off the hook a bit. I hate to say it, but Bob Leonard looked, well, just plain dumb. So that leaves Mark Leonard as the captain of this ship of fools. I am anxious see to who the attorneys will be for this crew.
Great comments.
You're correct in assuming that Leonard's prior convictions and uncharged scams will be kept from a jury if a trial is had. The jury will only consider the guilty/not guilty thing. If judged guilty by a jury, the judge sets the sentence with full knowledge of Leonard's past. He won't get a free pass, that's for sure.
I'm sure there are some very adept attorneys that could be appointed to the Leonards. Court appointed attorneys seek a name within the profession. Most are young and quick to take on a challenge. So we can't assume that asking for court appointed counsel will somehow mean they get less than ideal representation.
That's why it's important that Moncy provide the testimony that ties everything together and lays the blame where it rightly belongs.
I appears that Bob Leonard has a glass eye.
jjr

Greenwood, IN

#31 Dec 27, 2012
Sorry to Bob. Hate to judge on looks alone.
jjr

Greenwood, IN

#32 Dec 27, 2012
I wish I could pick Mark Leonard's brain. Like why and what and when did these cons start. I assume they just got bigger and bigger. He was such a predator. And telling a lie to cover a lie. Like most criminals he honed his skill. I wonder if he somehow found the women had money before he dated them or gained their trust and they just handed him the info on a silver platter. One woman on the news said she was out over 5,000.00 the first weekend she met him. So crazy. Someone is going to make a made for TV movie about this. If so, maybe some of the victims could benefit.
tom

Chicago, IL

#33 Dec 27, 2012
She is good on bed . She had gun tightening surgery and a boob job

Since: Aug 12

Plainfield, IN

#34 Dec 27, 2012
Observer wrote:
I read all of the post,,and Joe's post are right on. there is no doubt that if Ms Shirley tells who this 4th person is, and agrees to testify she could with a good lawyer might even get less than 20 years,,if not and shes found guilty she will get 65 years & do a minimum of 30 years behind bars.
Considering that Shirley owns the house and that she's the beneficiary of the insurance policy it's unlikely that she would be offered such a generous deal. If Shirley turns on the rest of the crew then I could see her getting 30 years, which would make her eligible for release after about 12. It appears that the government has enough evidence to put all three of them behind bars for life without having to cut any deals at all.
Joe

Granger, IN

#35 Dec 27, 2012
jjr wrote:
Sorry to Bob. Hate to judge on looks alone.
I do it too, so no biggie. Just thought I'd share something that I saw as pretty obvious. Probably because his looks are "different". I squinted my eyes and thought, "what's weird about this face?". Left eye.
Joe

Granger, IN

#36 Dec 27, 2012
oops...
Forgot to mention the hair. That hairdo is pretty weird too.
Joe

Granger, IN

#37 Dec 27, 2012
jjr wrote:
I wish I could pick Mark Leonard's brain. Like why and what and when did these cons start. I assume they just got bigger and bigger. He was such a predator. And telling a lie to cover a lie. Like most criminals he honed his skill. I wonder if he somehow found the women had money before he dated them or gained their trust and they just handed him the info on a silver platter. One woman on the news said she was out over 5,000.00 the first weekend she met him. So crazy. Someone is going to make a made for TV movie about this. If so, maybe some of the victims could benefit.
Cons are losers.
Some losers are more adept and acquire coping behaviors to make it through life. Mark Leonard seems to have pushed his charms and good looks on people to hide the real loser of a person he is. Someone who talks a good story and will "use" people with his charm. I had heard one of the women was out $78,000. There were many victims, so correct me if I'm wrong.
I may also be wrong in portraying Moncy as a victim. But I do. I think she was vulnerable, naive and pretty effen stupid. I want to treat her as a minor victim in this if she assists in the prosecution of the other idiots.
My ideal solution to this is guilty pleas all around. No trials. No appeals.
Joe

Granger, IN

#38 Dec 27, 2012
Pontificating wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering that Shirley owns the house and that she's the beneficiary of the insurance policy it's unlikely that she would be offered such a generous deal. If Shirley turns on the rest of the crew then I could see her getting 30 years, which would make her eligible for release after about 12. It appears that the government has enough evidence to put all three of them behind bars for life without having to cut any deals at all.
I see your point and won't argue.
My opinion is that I'd cut her some slack if she'd do the deposition thing, plead guilty to a charge that would result in about 10 years incarceration and I'd be somewhat satisfied.
I won't forget the couple that lost their lives. Their families deserve swift and pointed justice.
Guilty pleas without trials. No appeals. Moncy can make it happen.
jjr

Greenwood, IN

#39 Dec 27, 2012
Great opinions. I can't forget or forgive. We here heard the explosion. But I try to think of the future. Moncy seems to be the only one that could ever have a half way productive life. She was conned like the other girls. She just got sucked in and once he got her to up the insurance to 300,000.00 it was a done deal. But by her not turning on him after ample time that might be her downfall.The insurance was increased last december so the plan was in place for a good while.And I think I heard they tried to burn the house the weekend before. So many times she could have done something. I just wonder if she wanted to stop everything and he either threatened her or her child. If I was her I be singing like a bird.
Peter

Indianapolis, IN

#40 Dec 27, 2012
It sounds like a bunch of women on here.

I have seen this before. A serial murder of women [like Ted Bundy] is arrested.

The women in the public go wild with desire. They wet their pants trying to analyze the dude and learn everything they can about him. Some have sexual fantasies. Some write him letters.

I would be willing to bet my lunch tomorrow that 99% of the "dudes" posting on here as men are really women. As they talk how awful it is what this scuz done, they are secretly having fantasies about him and want his babies.

Don't believe me? Go back and read the posts above.

Give it up girls, this guy is not Ted Bundy. He is a nit wit who is going to get butt whacked for the rest of his life.
Peter

Indianapolis, IN

#41 Dec 27, 2012
Joe wrote:
oops...
Forgot to mention the hair. That hairdo is pretty weird too.
Yes they all had strange do'sd. The leader has that gay look with bleached blonde hair. The other dude looks like Egor out of a Dracula porn film. The chick looks like a burn out meth freak and alcoholic like a lot of nurse who work at Community Hospital.

We would be doing them and us a favor if we just gave them all a lethal injection now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Marsh plans to close stores 1 hr Criswell 9
another warrant?!? 1 hr hahahaha 1
Fat Women 18 hr interesting 13
looking for a good lawyer for free advise Tue alven 7
Joe Donnelly is a Radical Liberal Mon Go Joe 4
best places to get a hook up Mon Youre welcome 4
PresidentTrump is his own worst enemy Mar 25 Did Flynn cut a deal 6

Indianapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages