Colts biding their time

Colts biding their time

There are 44 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 19, 2007, titled Colts biding their time. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

More videos - select from menu Colts parade and rally - 02/05 Time-lapse of the Super Bowl - 02/05 Fans in Indy celebrate - 02/05 Blue Crew party in Miami - 02/04 Super Bowl XLI: Miami style - 2/3 Coaches speak ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Evan from Greenfield IN

Shirley, IN

#22 Mar 20, 2007
I don't care what they say. We shouldn't have let Cato go he was a great linebacker.
Fairness

Lexington, KY

#23 Mar 20, 2007
Mike G wrote:
Why would anybody want to leave a SUPER BOWL TEAM & go play for the worst team in the NFL ( Oakland ). To me winnig on a consistant basis & having a chance to go to the SUPER BOWL would outway any amount of money,had Dominic stayed I'm sure he would not need a PART TIME JOB!!!
Obviously you don't know the business of the NFL. The number of years in the league for runningbacks is very slim. You're lucky to go beyond five years without a possible injury or the organization thinking that your replaceable. I'm sure when the players enter the NFL they are chasing the Superbowl. After that is achieved, it is all about getting the money before you bow out. And honestly, I ain't mad at ya.
Veiw Fm Up Here

Regina, Canada

#24 Mar 20, 2007
Fear not fellow colts fans, do you really think polian & dungy would let anyone enter free agency, if they weren't sure they had a adiquate replacement. As far as replacement defensive linemen, not to worry, if you watched the superbowl you should of heard analyist simms note that the colts had all there backup linemen in game at the same time in the forth quarter
of a superbowl. do you really think management is worried about replacing individual free agents.
Mark

Camby, IN

#25 Mar 20, 2007
Scott wrote:
God, I'm praying now..........
for what its worth, I don't ask for much, I'd rather give but Please Lord One thing ?
Blessed be the Colts over the liberal left non-believing, sinful- Patriots in 2007 !! Let it Be , Let it Be!!! I must watch facial reaction from patriot fan .......... slobs all of em !!
Wow you are a creepy zealot. I'm a Colts fan who firmly believes Peyton Manning, and not God, is to thank for our Super Bowl fortunes.
Colts Fan

New York, NY

#26 Mar 20, 2007
Three draft wishes, and they all come from the same school. The university of Michigan has three defensive aces: DT. Alan Branch. ILB David Harris, and CB Leon Hall. This would allow the Colts to use Jason David in nicel coverage. This would give you two top notch cover corners.
Rick

Greenville, SC

#27 Mar 20, 2007
SJP wrote:
Is there any reason not to trust in Polian? I am a believer.
IS THERE ANY WAY THESE GUYS COULD TAKE OVER THE PACERS AND EVEN MY CUBBIES???????
WhaDaFug

Indianapolis, IN

#28 Mar 20, 2007
COLTS IN 08 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jags are on the downward spiral till they can get a good QB, cause both thiers are among the NFL's top 10 worst in the league. Texans and Titans are both A year away from making the playoffs.
Is "top 10 worst" something like bottom 10?
WhaDaFug

Indianapolis, IN

#29 Mar 20, 2007
Veiw Fm Up Here wrote:
Fear not fellow colts fans, do you really think polian & dungy would let anyone enter free agency, if they weren't sure they had a adiquate replacement. As far as replacement defensive linemen, not to worry, if you watched the superbowl you should of heard analyist simms note that the colts had all there backup linemen in game at the same time in the forth quarter
of a superbowl. do you really think management is worried about replacing individual free agents.
Analyst Simms? He's a motormouth maroon ...
WhaDaFug

Indianapolis, IN

#30 Mar 20, 2007
Evan from Greenfield IN wrote:
I don't care what they say. We shouldn't have let Cato go he was a great linebacker.
And they don't care what you say ...
Joe

Lexington, KY

#31 Mar 20, 2007
Go Colts wrote:
I really don’t think we lost much at all!! Dominic Rhodes didn't even play that good most of the season. If he did Addai would have never started over him in the play-off. And I for one am so ready for Freddy Keiaho to get a chance. Every time he played last year he was all over the field hitting someone hard and making plays!! How many times did the undersized Cato June try and take on a bigger running back high and get run over? Don’t get me wrong I liked June and thought he got the D pumped up sometimes, but no way would I have re-signed him for that type of money. Haper's leadership might hurt a little in the secondary, but you can plug guys in at the cover two. I agree with Dungy and Polian I would it felt a lot better being #1 in Feb then it would have in March!!!!
Nice comments. If your a die hard Colts fan and know the roster you know that Freddy Keiaho stood up Larry Johnson on the 5 yard line to keep them out of the end zone. They eventually missed a field goal and the momentum changed for the wild card game. In my opinion if it were Cato June and Larry Johnson was coming full speed something else would have happened.

Harper didn't even play in the superbowl! Sure he made some plays in the playoffs, but so did Hayden and Jackson. Not to mention we haven't seen our second round draft pick from last year. Tim Jennings. I like second round picks for the Colts, like the best safety in the league Bob "The Missile" Sanders

Rhodes was more of a backup than a starter. If your a Colts fan you know you were itching for more Addai all season! Its not Rhodes, its the o-line and Peyton. Just ask the edge.

The bottom line is that it is scary to see new players (Gilbert Gardner) on our championship caliber team. As long as the defense has Sanders to help the run and Freeny pass rushing, there's no reason we shouldn't have a chance to repeat. Lets face it, were not the Pittsburgh Steelers. We didn't get lucky, we deserved it.

“USA”

Since: Jan 07

USA

#32 Mar 20, 2007
Mike G wrote:
Why would anybody want to leave a SUPER BOWL TEAM & go play for the worst team in the NFL ( Oakland ). To me winnig on a consistant basis & having a chance to go to the SUPER BOWL would outway any amount of money,had Dominic stayed I'm sure he would not need a PART TIME JOB!!!
Dom talked to Edge about the great decision he made last year in leaving for money over team and a chance to go to the SuperBowl. Edge forgot to tell him how well it worked out for him ! I hope Dom does well and stays out of the hospital as spleens are a terrible thing to waste.

Since: Mar 07

Murray, KY

#34 Mar 20, 2007
Well, it sure is "comfortable" to loose Brandon Stokley to Denver.
COLTS IN 08

Utica, KY

#35 Mar 20, 2007
WhaDaFug wrote:
<quoted text>
Is "top 10 worst" something like bottom 10?
Yes Leftwitch is among the worst 10 STARTING QB's in the NFL. However Jacksonvilles' defense is among the top 5 best in the NFL, thier recievers are good, but not the best. They also have a very prospectful rookie at RB and their other RB Fred Taylor has been underated in the NFL in the past. Thier O-line is also getting better as the years pass. However the QB is the most important position in the game so in my opinion NO TEAM W/A QB AMONG THE TOP 10 WORST IN THE NFL JUST SIMPLY CAN'T AND DOESN'T DESERVE TO GO TO THE PLAYOFFS.
COLTS IN 08

Utica, KY

#36 Mar 20, 2007
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice comments. If your a die hard Colts fan and know the roster you know that Freddy Keiaho stood up Larry Johnson on the 5 yard line to keep them out of the end zone. They eventually missed a field goal and the momentum changed for the wild card game. In my opinion if it were Cato June and Larry Johnson was coming full speed something else would have happened.
Harper didn't even play in the superbowl! Sure he made some plays in the playoffs, but so did Hayden and Jackson. Not to mention we haven't seen our second round draft pick from last year. Tim Jennings. I like second round picks for the Colts, like the best safety in the league Bob "The Missile" Sanders
Rhodes was more of a backup than a starter. If your a Colts fan you know you were itching for more Addai all season! Its not Rhodes, its the o-line and Peyton. Just ask the edge.
The bottom line is that it is scary to see new players (Gilbert Gardner) on our championship caliber team. As long as the defense has Sanders to help the run and Freeny pass rushing, there's no reason we shouldn't have a chance to repeat. Lets face it, were not the Pittsburgh Steelers. We didn't get lucky, we deserved it.
Well said last year the Pittsburgh Steelers were just a bounch of lucky bastards who won off some stupid scheme. THEY SO DIDN'T DESERVE IT, But at least they deserved it more in XL then the Pathetic New England Patriot Panzies did in XLI and guess what I'm officially deaming the New England Patriots next year as the one team in the NFL least worthy of a SB. Who's with me, you with me????
darren

Douglas, AZ

#37 Mar 20, 2007
COLTS IN 08 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said last year the Pittsburgh Steelers were just a bounch of lucky bastards who won off some stupid scheme. THEY SO DIDN'T DESERVE IT, But at least they deserved it more in XL then the Pathetic New England Patriot Panzies did in XLI and guess what I'm officially deaming the New England Patriots next year as the one team in the NFL least worthy of a SB. Who's with me, you with me????
Good point! The ONLY way Pittsburgh won the Bowl last year was not because they know how to play 'ball, but because they know how to influence the officials and cheat. Yes, cheat! Hasn't anyone noticed that Pitt happens to "win" not only on a close game, but when the calls are VERY questionable, espeically when the announcers wonder what is going on. Hello?

Thats how Pitt beat Indy in '96 to go to the SuperBowl, because the officals made questionable call after questionable call. Especially at the end when the call was reviewed and that the Steeler stepped out of bounds and shouldnt have caught the "winning" catch. Thats also how Pitt beat Indy in the playoffs last year--by questionable calls.

Doesnt anybody know that's the only way Pitt can win, is by cheating and influencing the officials? Pittsburgh sucks and they are not that good, folks!!!They couldnt cheat this year and their record proved it!! Down with the Steelers and down with their stupid city.
darren

Douglas, AZ

#38 Mar 20, 2007
Larry W wrote:
<quoted text>
Dom talked to Edge about the great decision he made last year in leaving for money over team and a chance to go to the SuperBowl. Edge forgot to tell him how well it worked out for him ! I hope Dom does well and stays out of the hospital as spleens are a terrible thing to waste.
Evidently money is the only thing that matters to Dom Rhodes.
darren

Douglas, AZ

#39 Mar 20, 2007
New England Pats suck. New England (the region) sucks. Massachusettes sucks. Boston sucks. Rhode Island sucks. Connecticut sucks. Vermont and New Hampshire sucks. And Maine sucks. Tom Brady and Bill Belechek both suck!(I'm sure Brady's ex agrees with that).

What do you have to say about that, Patriots fans? Indy is king now and has your number!

Go Colts. Do it again in 2008! Colts forever.

“GOPHER TEEF BRADY”

Merritt Island Florida

#40 Mar 20, 2007
Scott wrote:
God, I'm praying now..........
for what its worth, I don't ask for much, I'd rather give but Please Lord One thing ?
Blessed be the Colts over the liberal left non-believing, sinful- Patriots in 2007 !! Let it Be , Let it Be!!! I must watch facial reaction from patriot fan .......... slobs all of em !!
Why do you rightwingers have to inject religion into every conversation you have. This is a forum about the Colts, not about religion.

Greenfield

#42 Mar 21, 2007
COLTS IN 08 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jags are on the downward spiral till they can get a good QB, cause both thiers are among the NFL's top 10 worst in the league. Texans and Titans are both A year away from making the playoffs.
Tenn. will be in the playoffs I don't know what you meant by a year away, do you mean calender year or 2008?
COLTS IN 08

Utica, KY

#43 Mar 21, 2007
IURon wrote:
<quoted text>Tenn. will be in the playoffs I don't know what you meant by a year away, do you mean calender year or 2008?
Yes, the Tennissee Titans are a good team, I just don't see them or any other team besides the Colts in the AFC South making the playoffs in 08. However the next year as much as I hate to say it, I do see them winning the devision.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
(.R ox y Bulk!!) ku*sh !! 3 hr Real deal 1
Pizzagate vs Enabalers 5 hr natureboy 8
MoreFakeNews 5 hr natureboy 4
News Pence after Carrier deal: Trump is 'a champion ... 17 hr natureboy 28
son murdered mother in early 90's (Oct '15) 20 hr JANDINYCO 8
CarrierChuckJones Wed TrumpedThePuney 1
Burger Chef murders can be solved Tue Linda Bedsore 21

Indianapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance