What are your expectations for Funera...

What are your expectations for Funeral Director's

Posted in the Indianapolis Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#1 Jun 30, 2014
Weird topic to discuss right? Well as a potential business owner of a new funeral home in the Indianapolis area that seeks to render services outside of the "Traditional" dark and gloomy services but instead offer modern and contemporary services and facilities. What are some areas of dissatisfaction have you experienced and what would you like to see different or updated in today's funeral/memorial services? I would like to hear your feedback as part of my research. Please do not give names or locations of local funeral home. Thank you for time!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#2 Jun 30, 2014
Many people are in favor of being cremated, and often have had directors try to talk them into embalming, a viewing, etc, when that's not what the family wants. One thing I've often seen when this topic pops up on social media is that people would like a "menu" of services and prices; money is tight for a lot of people.
Who

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Jun 30, 2014
Not to have to deal with trash. Why perform services for families that are more interested in a bar room brawl than a funeral? Won't do business with places that support this type of behavior.

Location hidden

#4 Jun 30, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Many people are in favor of being cremated, and often have had directors try to talk them into embalming, a viewing, etc, when that's not what the family wants. One thing I've often seen when this topic pops up on social media is that people would like a "menu" of services and prices; money is tight for a lot of people.

This is a common practice in the industry! Many older firms or traditional funeral homes are so stuck in their ways that they fell to see the damage done to the families they serve. We are in a time where us "baby boomers" aren't so driven by traditional practices but the death care industry has been the same for many years now and not many are willing to change. As a baby boomer myself I believe a "build your own" procedure is best for families in today's time where passing away can average between $9,000-$15,000! Let keep it honest, funerals are a busy and aim to make a profit from their services. The problem is alot of older firm pricing where created in a different era when cremation was unheard of. They placed their profit in items such as the casket, hearse, casket spray etc. Well it cremation us what the family selects then guess what, the director loses all of his profit and that's the reason they try to push you to bury. My thoughts are totally different from these guys! Sorry I talk alot, thanks for you comment!

Location hidden

#5 Jun 30, 2014
Who wrote:
Not to have to deal with trash. Why perform services for families that are more interested in a bar room brawl than a funeral? Won't do business with places that support this type of behavior.

Every life deserves to be celebrated regardless of whatever faith, ethnicity or personal lifestyle someone loved them. It is the job of a Funeral Director to find way to celebrate a life that is within legal boundaries, carried out in a dignified manner while ultimately fulfilling the family's request. When I refer to "Contemporary" that doesn't mean in any way distasteful or disrespectful to the memory of the dead! As opposed to the "Traditional" services the industry should offer a selection of various service that meets the family's need. I have heard some pretty wild request and we have even turned some down due to the fact that we felt it was inappropriate. Some families got upset but we coached them through and encouraged them to maybe have a private service and be as inappropriate as you want to be but as for using our chapel for service we reserve the right to say what we will tolerate and expose guest in our building to! But at the end of the day a Director should be just that a "Director" assisting the family in making a memorable occasion
Cory Trevor

Buffalo, NY

#6 Aug 30, 2014
I expect a funeral director to act invested into my situation. It may just be business to them, but it is an extremely difficult experience for friends and family. I would want a funeral director to be aware of this and compassionate. I think that most of them are pretty good at this.

http://affinityfunerals.com.au/funeral-direct...
WabashAvenoo

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Sep 4, 2014
When I die...all I want is to be cremated, then dumped in the river, while someone plays Monty Python's "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life" on a CD player. How much would that run me?
billstacy

Buffalo, NY

#8 Dec 5, 2014
You want a funeral director that sympathizes and cares about the customers. That is really essential to the whole funeral procedure. It really can make a huge difference in the end. http://affinityfunerals.com.au/funeral-direct...
Linda Bedsore

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Dec 5, 2014
That my mortician be white and not diddle his clients on the slab.
Dave

Greenfield, IN

#10 Dec 5, 2014
Linda Bedsore wrote:
That my mortician be white and not diddle his clients on the slab.
are you black ?
Linda Bedsore

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Dec 5, 2014
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
are you black ?
No
Dave

Greenfield, IN

#12 Dec 5, 2014
Linda Bedsore wrote:
<quoted text>
No
lol been waiting to use your line on you for some time now - gotcha
Alonzo X

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Dec 5, 2014
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
lol been waiting to use your line on you for some time now - gotcha
Are you looking for a dead boy or live boy to diddle Uncle Ernie? Whities are such perverts and how could you be into necrophilia, pedophilia, or racist hate sex?

Go out to Ferguson you pervert and maybe the protesters will burn a few perverts like you.
Dave

Greenfield, IN

#14 Dec 5, 2014
Alonzo X wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you looking for a dead boy or live boy to diddle Uncle Ernie? Whities are such perverts and how could you be into necrophilia, pedophilia, or racist hate sex?
Go out to Ferguson you pervert and maybe the protesters will burn a few perverts like you.
why go there ? they are savages who burn and tear up where they live , kinda stupid really , do you think the shop owners will rebuild ? no , where will your brothas go now to get a blunt or a large grape soda ha they got to run across town now dumb asses done burnt the quiki mart down , no I will just stay here and set some chicken out for buddy Alonzo and his homies when they march thru my town
Alonzo X

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Dec 5, 2014
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
why go there ? they are savages who burn and tear up where they live , kinda stupid really , do you think the shop owners will rebuild ? no , where will your brothas go now to get a blunt or a large grape soda ha they got to run across town now dumb asses done burnt the quiki mart down , no I will just stay here and set some chicken out for buddy Alonzo and his homies when they march thru my town
We are going to march like Sherman to the Sea and we will burn all the trash along the way.
Dave

Greenfield, IN

#16 Dec 5, 2014
Alonzo X wrote:
<quoted text>
We are going to march like Sherman to the Sea and we will burn all the trash along the way.
make sure you go thru Indy's East side and get all the black on black trash that keep killing and shooting each other please , that area needs a good cleaning up ! thanks in advance

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#17 Dec 6, 2014
McCordsville...how's that klan membership doing for you?
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
make sure you go thru Indy's East side and get all the black on black trash that keep killing and shooting each other please , that area needs a good cleaning up ! thanks in advance
Dave

Greenfield, IN

#18 Dec 6, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
McCordsville...how's that klan membership doing for you?
<quoted text>
doing real well as you can see no looting going on here , how's the ghetto ? I see more and more killing each other sorry about your luck Peter
Up and Down

Chicago, IL

#19 Dec 6, 2014
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
doing real well as you can see no looting going on here , how's the ghetto ? I see more and more killing each other sorry about your luck Peter
To the funeral director: Not having sex with the deceased would be a good thing. I know this is Indiana...But...

Having sex with a person living in Mccordsville is like having sex with a dead person. Also,there is a lot of wife swapping amongst the residents. When they're not watching Faux News, they're enthusiastically watching their wives getting banged by their neighbors. They love their liquor and baby Jeebus.
Ark

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Dec 6, 2014
Up and Down wrote:
<quoted text>
To the funeral director: Not having sex with the deceased would be a good thing. I know this is Indiana...But...
Having sex with a person living in Mccordsville is like having sex with a dead person. Also,there is a lot of wife swapping amongst the residents. When they're not watching Faux News, they're enthusiastically watching their wives getting banged by their neighbors. They love their liquor and baby Jeebus.
And they love when their sugar daddies visit from Geist when they are slumming and hunger for a young boy or girl.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Indiana Loosiers 11 hr dtb 1
Does Brexit signal to the world that Trump will... 22 hr The Real Source 6
donald trump will be president and deportations... Tue DAVE 50CENTS 1
Vicki walters Mon Citizen 99 2
Stop Illegals and Globalization Vote Trump Now!!! Mon The Real Source 2
BUYERS BEWARE - Junk John Deere Lawn tractors a... (Sep '11) Jun 26 Speedrred 153
To the Sons of Silence MC , Indianapolis Clubhouse (Dec '13) Jun 26 Jack 142
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages