Girl reports rape in Warren Central stairwell; teen arrested

Police arrested a Warren Central High School student on sexual assault charges Monday morning after another student said he raped her inside the school. Full Story
First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Shay

United States

#369 May 16, 2007
63 yrs. is a long time but the thing is I go to Warren and there things going around saying that they had sex last week and this week it is rape.She is lying. They say he have it on his phone of them having sex last week. 63 yrs. is a long time but even longer if you didn't do it. They cailm the young lady is going around say that she was not raped, she just didn't want her mom to find out she was caught having sex in school AGAIN. She screamed rape but she didn't think he was going to get into that much trouble. She thought that he was going to get suspended or maybe even expelled. She figured he could always go to another school.
SmokeandnoFire

United States

#370 May 16, 2007
Why is it that you assume this guy is guilty, Because he has been convicted in the media?People are so quick to judge others!
Old Warren Student wrote:
I attended Warren Central in 2001 and went back to visit in 2007. The School is too massive in size to think things like this will not happen. They are placing students withiin a college sized indor campus with armed security and expecting them to act accordingly. Hmmm... Sounds like Security needs to be beefed up. A WC security task force without any hall monitors. They are to busy spending money on moden equipment, but only a human can hear or sence of someone in need. As for the boy facing 60 something years. You will only make him a harded criminal and are creating a problem that only awaits down the road. I can understand some time, but this child is still in the stages of learning and if he is placed in a community in which he is less likely to learn something positive them he will be released as a worse problem with understanding of how not to get caught and how more violent then his last attack. The big concern is that once he is release who will he go after. It will be your childrens children. I have no kids and that sounds scarey to me how we can lock away a problem in a secured closet for 63 years and let it grow into this monster. Also why were teh warrent parents not informed. Not a good thing to isolate an issue like this from the people who invest time and money into this school. School is ran exactly like a business and if they feel the people who own stock (parents with children) should know about an issue then they will inform them... A bunch of crap.
SmokeandnoFire

United States

#372 May 16, 2007
I wonder what the boy and girl involved it this situation, would say about your nephew? He's a SAINT PROBABLY ~NOT. I was in agreement with you on your earlier post, now your reaching.I don't think it's about standing by anybody, it's about supporting an individual that you know personally, and not making a rush to judge decision on something you really know nothing about!
Jenny wrote:
My nephew played football for Warren, until he was injured during his sophomore year. He just graduated, and when I asked him about it, he said that he could see it going either way. He said that yeah, the girl in question had a reputation, and wasn't always the most honest person. But he also said that he would never let his little sister be alone with the guy involved, either.
I know that this boy has a lot of supporters at the school. He's a football standout, people know who he is, he helps their team win games. That alone is going to make some people believe that he couldn't do something like this. However, i'm sure that there are plenty of people that know him personally, who don't believe the charges, either.
Condemning someone for standing behind a person that they care about is just wrong. If this were my son, and he was guilty, I would want him punished. But, I would want him punished fairly, and I would still love him, because he would still be my son. That wouldn't mean that I thought that what he did was right.
Don't blame these boys friends for sticking up for him, and believing in his innocence until proven guilty. That's what friends are supposed to do, stand by you through thick and thin. They are just trying to be good friends.
However, for the friends of this boy: You are doing nothing to help him by coming here and talking trash about this girl. The only thing that you accomplish by coming on here and calling her names, saying things about her character and morals, is to make HER appear more sympathetic. You come in here and attack someone who was ostensibly raped, and it will make people want to defend her, because rape is NEVER a woman's fault.
I'm not saying that this boy definitely raped her. What I'm saying is that you are not helping him by trashing her.
Come here, share stories about good things that this boy has done, that you personally have witnessed. That would help him. Come here and tell about times that he has helped you, or someone else. That would help him. But coming here and degrading this girl doesn't do anything to help him. No matter how bad a person she might be, that doesn't do anything to make him look better, it only makes him look worse, because your hateful words are now reflecting on him.
SmokeandnoFire

United States

#373 May 16, 2007
Why is no one standing up in the media for this guy. sure his family probably can't because of the situation, but If you and others truly believe that he was raised properly why not say so. How many times can a person be executed(media) before others who support him, Say to the media ENOUGH already.
warren township parent wrote:
let me first start off by saying that i know this young man i have known him for many years. he has a very intelligent mother that has raised him right. lets not place blame all the time it is not the principal fault he has over 4000 children that he has to look after we need to look at this situation as a tool and teach our young men to respect our young ladys and to respect themselves.
Jenny

Danville, IL

#374 May 16, 2007
SmokeandnoFire wrote:
I wonder what the boy and girl involved it this situation, would say about your nephew? He's a SAINT PROBABLY ~NOT. I was in agreement with you on your earlier post, now your reaching.I don't think it's about standing by anybody, it's about supporting an individual that you know personally, and not making a rush to judge decision on something you really know nothing about!
<quoted text>
No, my nephew isn't a saint. But neither has he ever assaulted another student, or been known as a slut around school, so he must be doing something right. He does know BOTH of these kids PERSONALLY. All he said was that he could see her lying, but he could also see the situation arising where they were messing around, and Mike might not have stopped when she asked.

So, because someone who KNOWS BOTH STUDENTS said that neither of them is the kind of person where you could definitely say for sure that they were in the right here, you assume that I'm encouraging people to make a rush judement on who's guilty, and who's innocent?

My very point was that people who DO KNOW both of these people aren't even sure whom to believe, so those of us who don't know them shouldn't assume that we know who's lying, and who's being honest.

But, please... tell me how coming here and calling that girl a "slut", "ho(e)" or "(w)hore" is "about supporting an individual that you know personally, and not making a rush to judge decision on something you really know nothing about"? I'd love to know just how trashing her is not about rushing to judgment, but about encouraging people to look at this objectively. My post was specifically about people coming here with nothing more to add than calling this girl names, and trashing her, and that they were no better than the people doing the same thing to this boy.

Sorry for the parentheses, I didn't want to confuse people by spelling things correctly.
Smokeandno Fire

United States

#375 May 19, 2007
Not once in my I posts , did I say that the girl was a whore, slut or any other derogatory names .I'm simply saying that EVERY individual should be allowed DUE PROCESS. Do you feel that Mike has received that? What happened to innocent until proven guilty? We as a society must insure,that justice prevails- for ALL. I don't disagree with you for the most part, I'm just saying that when we start saying "who knows what about who", we are still speculating( unless we were there).
Jenny wrote:
<quoted text>

No, my nephew isn't a saint. But neither has he ever assaulted another student, or been known as a slut around school, so he must be doing something right. He does know BOTH of these kids PERSONALLY. All he said was that he could see her lying, but he could also see the situation arising where they were messing around, and Mike might not have stopped when she asked.
So, because someone who KNOWS BOTH STUDENTS said that neither of them is the kind of person where you could definitely say for sure that they were in the right here, you assume that I'm encouraging people to make a rush judement on who's guilty, and who's innocent?
My very point was that people who DO KNOW both of these people aren't even sure whom to believe, so those of us who don't know them shouldn't assume that we know who's lying, and who's being honest.
But, please... tell me how coming here and calling that girl a "slut", "ho(e)" or "(w)hore" is "about supporting an individual that you know personally, and not making a rush to judge decision on something you really know nothing about"? I'd love to know just how trashing her is not about rushing to judgment, but about encouraging people to look at this objectively. My post was specifically about people coming here with nothing more to add than calling this girl names, and trashing her, and that they were no better than the people doing the same thing to this boy.
Sorry for the parentheses, I didn't want to confuse people by spelling things correctly.
Smokeandno Fire

United States

#376 May 19, 2007
have you reported this to your parents or the school?
Shaunasti Moore wrote:
This is crazy. I go to Warren and I didn't hear about this until Mr. Burchette called. I happened to talk to the girl before the incident occured. She told me that they had got into an arguement and got put out of class. Then she can to gym where I was. After she told me what happened she said she was about to go to the restroom across from the swimming pool area, and that was the last time I spoke to her.
Jenny

Danville, IL

#377 May 22, 2007
Smokeandno Fire wrote:
Not once in my I posts , did I say that the girl was a whore, slut or any other derogatory names .I'm simply saying that EVERY individual should be allowed DUE PROCESS. Do you feel that Mike has received that? What happened to innocent until proven guilty? We as a society must insure,that justice prevails- for ALL. I don't disagree with you for the most part, I'm just saying that when we start saying "who knows what about who", we are still speculating( unless we were there).
<quoted text>
It seems as though the only place either of these kids is going to get due process is in the court system. Sadly, they're both being tried and convicted in the court of public opinion, from the looks of it.
Advents

Corryton, TN

#378 Jan 23, 2014
Is this the same Michael Bell that was convicted in the murder of Jeremy Crane and 7 year old Kyleigh Crane?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let it Out (Oct '07) 42 min Jerry E 228
Why do black people like grape soda? (Apr '13) 8 hr Chann 48
Dan Quayle For President 2016 9 hr PAM 1
Time to boycott all black people now!!! (Jul '13) 13 hr Call YBA Out 16
Obama The Great Racist 13 hr Call YBA Out 2
Vote to outlaw whittieeee Christmas 14 hr Alonzo x 17
any strippers want to Skype? 15 hr hondaguy101 4
Indianapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web