Girl reports rape in Warren Central stairwell; teen arrested

Police arrested a Warren Central High School student on sexual assault charges Monday morning after another student said he raped her inside the school. Full Story
First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Mark

Indianapolis, IN

#1 May 8, 2007
Hmmm prior history of this kind of attack 3 years ago,which would have made him 14 years old. Sounds like he needs some tougher punishment.
first thought

AOL

#3 May 8, 2007
63 years sounds ok to me.
David

Columbus, IN

#4 May 8, 2007
Put him away for a few years...his new prison buddies will show him what rape feels like.
Susan Jones

Indianapolis, IN

#5 May 8, 2007
What does it take to get these types of individuals out of our schools? I am tired of the bullying, assults, etc. that go on even in our elementary schools. Suspending a student for one or even five days does noone any good. They need to be out of the public schools period.
John Milton

Plainfield, IN

#7 May 8, 2007
I will just bet that the attorneys are standing in line to sue the school for letting this occur. This case ought to be worth at least a couple of hundred thousand dollars and a tax increase for the school district to pay the higher insurance rates! God bless our judical system. PS: The suspect is most likely just a "troubled youth" in need of more government (taxpayer) provided social services.
Ogre

Indianapolis, IN

#8 May 8, 2007
These are the types of things that happen when teachers can't punish students. Had corporal punishment been an option all this kids school life, maybe he would not have had the brazen attitude to think about doing such a heinous act.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#9 May 8, 2007
"What does it take to get these types of individuals out of our schools? I am tired of the bullying, assults, etc. that go on even in our elementary schools. Suspending a student for one or even five days does noone any good. They need to be out of the public schools period. "

What can the teacher or school do today? Spank a kid and get sued. Kick them out and get sued. Mybe they should have given this kid one of your "time out".
nomar

United States

#10 May 8, 2007
We're always very disappointed when anything like this happens," Burchette said. "We take these incidents very seriously."
"Always very disappointed"!!!!!!!!Like it has happened before & will again???I'd say Mr. Burchette is either given up the fight or does not have the passion for the fight. Either way they need somebody in that school who can get things done and not be passive.
idiot detector

United States

#11 May 8, 2007
Mr. Burchette is "disappointed" I am disappointed when my team doesn't win a game...but this loser is "disappointed" that a student under his charge was raped. Heads need to roll!!! NOW!!
Misunderstood

Indianapolis, IN

#12 May 8, 2007
Both comments about Burchette are off of the mark. He is passionate about taking care of his students. Ask some of them. I live with one. I have met and spoken to him. What you are hearing is his heart breaking over the incident. The problem with only printed words, is that you don't have the emotion or vocal tone that Burchette put into his statement. He has already done everything possible to handle the situation. In fact, his response is right on the mark. If there is something he can do to better protect the students, he'll do it. Depend on it.

We are often too, too quick to judge someone based on one quotation. If you wrote down everything you said and then let someone else read it, what would they say about you?

I'm not sure about you, but the thought would scare me.
Confused Teacher

Chicago, IL

#13 May 8, 2007
"What does it take to get these types of individuals out of our schools? I am tired of the bullying, assults, etc. that go on even in our elementary schools. Suspending a student for one or even five days does noone any good. They need to be out of the public schools period."

Have you ever heard of a free and appropriate education for all? It is a law that was passed many years ago stating that all children will be educated. How can the school discriminate against any student? Would you like your child to be discriminated by the color of his or her eyes? I think not. The schools hands are tied this day and age because of all of the sue happy people out there. When they took away the rights of the school, everything has gone downhill since then. Troubled teen or not, he should be accountable for his actions. End of story.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#14 May 8, 2007
"Both comments about Burchette are off of the mark. He is passionate about taking care of his students."
This is one of our problems today. We don't need "passionate" men. We need men who will stand up and start kicking some butts and tell them either get with the program or get out. Period.
HOW

Indianapolis, IN

#15 May 8, 2007
HOW DO THINGS LIKE THIS HAPPEN IN A SCHOOL. I MEAN, KIDS SHOULD NEVER BE LEFT ALONE IN THE HALL. ALSO, THERE WAS A COMMENT IN THE WRITE UP THAT WARREN HAS NOT ASKED FOR ANY OTHER SECURITY. LOOKS LIKE THEY MAY NEED SOME HELP OVER THERE WITH MORE SECURITY.
inindy

AOL

#16 May 8, 2007
If I would have pulled a stunt of disobayence in school the school would have beat my ass and called my parents to come and get me, when I got home I would have gotten another ass beating...Someone needs to take this boy down a notch or two maybe even three notches, ground him, take his car away and sell it and donate the proceeds to sexual rehab and an ice pack for his butt...
Fed_up_Warren_pa rent

Fishers, IN

#17 May 8, 2007
My daughter attends that school and we were never notified of the incident.
Mad

South Bend, IN

#18 May 8, 2007
Hey this is terrible... what a poor choice of words.. disapointed... the princpal should be mad as hell.. and what about a stairwell that no one uses... nice job.. where is the school board and when are they going to speak up and do something.. first it was junior high school kids having sex.. now a rape..
warren is not the school i went to..
nomar

United States

#19 May 8, 2007
Misunderstood wrote:
Both comments about Burchette are off of the mark. He is passionate about taking care of his students. Ask some of them. I live with one. I have met and spoken to him. What you are hearing is his heart breaking over the incident. The problem with only printed words, is that you don't have the emotion or vocal tone that Burchette put into his statement. He has already done everything possible to handle the situation. In fact, his response is right on the mark. If there is something he can do to better protect the students, he'll do it. Depend on it.
We are often too, too quick to judge someone based on one quotation. If you wrote down everything you said and then let someone else read it, what would they say about you?
I'm not sure about you, but the thought would scare me.
That's exactly what I'm talking about. Your quotes here are all about feelings. The only thing that I have to go by is his quote in the paper. Feelings & being heartbroken is great if you're speaking about love & romance. Feelings & being heart broken wasn't enough to keep a young girl from being raped. Being raped in school where you used to think it was a safe haven for our kids. We put too much in our feelings and not enough into action. Think about what the poor girl felt as she was being raped by a kid who shouldn't have been in school in the first place.
Too much logic

Fort Wayne, IN

#20 May 8, 2007
Some thug acts out and you all want to blame the schools?

Start jumping on the parents of the thug, or the legal systems that tolerate this stuff and put thugs back into the public schools.

Warren has NO CHOICE but to try and educate this thug.
tarzan

Burlington, IN

#21 May 8, 2007
hello lawsuit! i hope the girl gets a cool million and the dude gets a hot (male chicken) in prison!!!!
angry mom

Fishers, IN

#22 May 8, 2007
This boy acted out like this before? It should had been up to the school board back in 2004 to kick this kid out of school. His parents should home school the little bastard, he should had never been able to get back around any girls again. Way to go Warren Central.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where to get herbal incense/spice/potpourri in ... (May '13) 6 hr matt 52
Why do most Blacks hate Whites? (Jul '13) Thu Go Blue Forever 448
Chuck should be gone Jim should be In Thu bikerbob 1
white girls Wed RZA 1
When Did Indy Become So Racist and Why? Dec 24 The Zombie 77
Vote to outlaw whittieeee Christmas Dec 24 The Zombie 26
Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band coming to Ba... Dec 24 fyi 15
Indianapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web