Farewell to a golden era

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

From the cold, detached perspective of a real estate investor, it's not much: a nondescript, boarded-up, single-story building on 19 acres on the Southside.
Comments
241 - 244 of 244 Comments Last updated Jan 30, 2014
First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Minding my OWN bus

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

A Friend wrote:
Am I mistaken, or wasn't Harlow Hickenlooper on channel 4, too...on Saturday mornings with the Three Sttoges Show?
Harlow Hickenlooper and Curly Myers were actually on channel Six I think maybe ch 4 later... there was a guy on sat morning called Hoosier Hank I bet no one remembers that, Harlow sang Happy Happy Birthday happy birthday day Happy BUR HUR HURTH Day with his little striped suit on
robby

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Rob Hood wrote:
I fondly remember my first boner watching Popeye and Janie...
ha! i used to get boners watching her too! she had nice legs and as a kid i remember watching the show and there were plenty of times she'd be wearing a short skirt. when she'd talk to one of her puppets she'd sit on a stool with her legs crossed and her skirt would ride up and she'd show a lot of thigh! now wonder i'm a leg man now!
Tammy Jo Jolly-maiden

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

school82 student wrote:
I went to school 82 janie(Mrs Hodges) was my music teacher and what a great teacher she was you would come into class and she would be playing the piano always a fun time in her classroom
. I went to school 82 also (moved in second grade) Mr. Hodges (Janie) was my music teacher also, my mom was so excited about it. Lol
Russ Williams

Amherst, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Just for a little information ... I was a weekly regular on Mary Jane Popp's program. I was the humane officer who always brought an animal from the shelter to talk about.

....And of course there was the mid-morning Studio Four, which originated from Bloomington (a requirement for its dual-city license) in black and white, because Bloomington had no color equipment. This was a host-and-guest talk show unique in its day, but the format is ubiquitous nowadays. The host was Mary Jane Popp, who is today a leading figure in the media administration world.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ralph's Brake & Muffler Madison Ave 1 hr Warty-lipped Butt... 1
Jeff punky Combs at it again 2 hr lisr 9
Courts tell Indiana to honor gay marriages from... 19 hr who cares 4
officer Wilson 19 hr Simon 2
They riot with no facts or evidence 19 hr Simon 9
My new jeep Wed Rogains 5
Landlord registration in Indianapolis: Section ... Wed Rogains 5

Search the Indianapolis Forum:
•••
•••