Hiring of police officer in Southport...

Hiring of police officer in Southport raises nepotism concerns

There are 3 comments on the Indianapolis Business News story from Sep 22, 2017, titled Hiring of police officer in Southport raises nepotism concerns. In it, Indianapolis Business News reports that:

An Indianapolis-area police department's decision to hire the police chief's son to fill its only other full-time, paid officer position has raised concerns about nepotism.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Indianapolis Business News.

Tadaaa

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Sep 22, 2017
If this isn't nepotism them what is?

I agree that south port needed to hire an officer. Officer Allan was murdered in cold blood. No one disputes that. But to hire this individual over other credible candidates just makes everyone look bad.

South Port has a hard enough time keeping the deadbeats under control. The town has become a menace.
HiringGizmo

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Sep 23, 2017
If John Kennedy when he was President could hire his younger brother as attorney general , Why is this so out of line for a father to hire his own son.
It happens in the business world all the time, Is it any different than couples working the same job as teachers?
If his son does his job well I see no problem in him being hired. It is better than hiring people based on color and not content. The good ole hire a black person or minority over a more qualified candidate .That all needs to end now. The thing is most jobs will be replaced by robots within 20 years, They have all the technology of A.I. to do just that,
This means there won;t even be hiring of a son or daughter or wife. No more sexual harassment on the job or hiring someone of color over a white person more qualified , The robots will dominate the workforce , It will make our lives much easier.
Limp biscuit

Albion, MI

#3 Mar 14, 2018
While their doing that can I dominate Uranus?
Just asskin

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lawyer for false accuser against Kavenaugh 40 min TrumpingLiars 1
Kimberly 7 hr Shelby 7
Ramar Henderson 8 hr almostbeaturass 1
Male Massage Therapist for Wife 17 hr TheTruthIsOutThere 2
Nothing in collusion 19 hr Terese 7
News Indiana Muslims offended by 'Islamophobic' bill... (Jun '17) Sat The Blood of Yeshua 1,112
Genesis Two west side Indianapolis In Sat sue_Indy 1

Indianapolis Jobs

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages