Dissolve Indy's TIF zones

Dissolve Indy's TIF zones

Posted in the Indianapolis Forum

More money for police

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Jul 8, 2014
As a concerned taxpayer and Indianapolis resident I call for the immediate termination and dissolution of all TIF districts in Indianapolis and the return of these monies and revenue streams to the city’s general fund so that appropriate spending may be made for public safety without raising additional taxes. Maybe we need a referendum so the public can decide. Or perhaps we can find a Judge with clear vision. There is precedent. We are not the only city facing budget shortfalls caused by tif zones run amuck. A federal court will hear a challenge to St Louis tif zones as “a diversion scheme for development” at the cost of maintaining funding for police, and in Clemson, SC the Courts have just ordered the city’s tif zones dissolved for “violating the underlying spirit” of the tif law enacted. Mayor Ballard has diverted enough money from public safety and our taxes have already been raised. Its time change our priorities in the way our money is spent. Enough money for the Simons and for the Pacers. Enough money for Georgia Street and every cockamamie idea the capital improvement board comes up with. Enough building out parking lots into hotels and apartments for Lilly. And I’m pretty sure we just built the Hulman family a solar array. We don’t need new taxes. We just need to spend our money better, and we can’t trust anyone in the Mayor’s office to make these decisions for us. Somehow the city’s general fund needs to be restored and management of it given over to someone who has not been seduced by the dark side.
English

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Jul 8, 2014
Try paragraphs. Tldr.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dick Racist Gregory Dead 1 hr nono 6
Indiana Fever 1 hr TrumpedBigotLefties 4
Pyramids built with slave labor 1 hr TrumpedBigotLefties 3
News Indiana State Fair asks vendors to drop Confede... 3 hr ugh 5
Joe Donnelly for Senate 7 hr Truthful 1
Gorka’s Fate ‘Extremely Uncertain’ as Boss Bann... 11 hr TrumpedAntifa Meow 3
Neo-Nazi who attended Charlottesville Neo-Nazi ... 20 hr nono 4

Indianapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance