IU stumbles against UConn

It all came crashing down Saturday afternoon for the Indiana Hoosiers. Attracting a crowd: Indiana's Eric Gordon drives against Connecticut's Craig Austrie and Stanley Robinson. Full Story
IU grad but Boiler fan

Pataskala, OH

#103 Jan 27, 2008
Old Yeller wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, can you send a taxi to my house to pick up your wife. I am done with her...
Actually, that was a women writing - you must be done with her husband!!! BOILER UP!
SLC

Palm Harbor, FL

#104 Jan 27, 2008
When will IU guards learn to move without the ball? Oh! When they have an TEAM offense.
Stan

Avon, IN

#105 Jan 27, 2008
SC Hoosier wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry pal..but Packer was right on in his IU comments..I know you hate to hear it..but he was. Don't blame the messenger
Hey pal, I wasn't talking about his comments yesterday. You made the wrong assumption. The sound was down during the entire game. I was speaking in general about Nance and Packer.

BTW, I loathe IU.
IUisOVERRATED

Indianapolis, IN

#106 Jan 27, 2008
Ha ha ha ha haaahaa, nah nah nah nah naaaaah nah.
Iu sucks; can't compete with a real team. Can't wait for next month.
IU grad but Boiler fan

Pataskala, OH

#107 Jan 27, 2008
Sailor wrote:
The outcome of this game shouldn't be THAT surprising. The Big 10 just isn't nearly on the level of the Big East. This was a one of the Big East's mid-level teams (this year I mean, UConn as we know is historically the best in the Big East over the last 10-15 years) against the best in the Big 10. Indiana just doesn;t play the type of competition UConn does, did you look at UConn's out of conference? Memphis, Gonzaga, Indiana and Ga. Tech? That's tough, very very tough. Not to mention they play Georgetown, Marquette, Syracuse, Louisville, Villanova, W. Va and Cincinatti every year. This just goes to show that the Big 10 isn't quite on par with the Big East, but I don;t think anyone is. The ACC might be close, but they don;t have the depth the Big East does, what we saw today was the #7 team in the Big East dismantle the Big 10 leader without their starting 2-guard and 6th man. Depressing maybe, but fact nonetheless.
Hey, bud, news flash - IU IS NOT THE BIG TEN LEADER! They haven't even played Michigan State, Purdue, Wisconsin, or OSU - read up a little!
Jas

Willimantic, CT

#108 Jan 27, 2008
Carl Wolerski wrote:
They said it right on CBS....a Top Big 10 Team versus a mid-level Big East Team and the mid-level Big East Team (without 2 starters) romped!...
True, true... UConn plays Pitt on Feb 2 (CBS) and it could be a brutal lose at home for the Huskies. Pitt is ranked #12 at the moment (not Monday yet) and that will be a test for UConn, a truely BIG EAST test. Pitt is well deserving of their rank, IU at #7/8, what a joke! The RPIs may be close between IU and UC, but IU's SOS is way below that of UConn. Recruit some worthy inside players and what's with that coaching staff? See you next year Hoosiers!
william billingham III

Sunnyvale, CA

#109 Jan 27, 2008
IU is NOT a top 20 team. end of discussion.

Since: Jul 07

United States

#110 Jan 27, 2008
If DJ would have been knocking down those mid-range jumpers yesterday the game would have gone differently. DJ better start working on those 15 footers if he wants an NBA career. At 6-9, his only position in the NBA is PF.

As far as the loss goes, 17-2 isn't too shabby. IU has come a long way since the days of Mike Davis. Coach Sampson will keep bringing in superior talent and winning.

The sky is not falling on this Hoosier fan. Things are only getting better.

Since: Jul 07

United States

#111 Jan 27, 2008
Jas wrote:
<quoted text>
True, true... UConn plays Pitt on Feb 2 (CBS) and it could be a brutal lose at home for the Huskies. Pitt is ranked #12 at the moment (not Monday yet) and that will be a test for UConn, a truely BIG EAST test. Pitt is well deserving of their rank, IU at #7/8, what a joke! The RPIs may be close between IU and UC, but IU's SOS is way below that of UConn. Recruit some worthy inside players and what's with that coaching staff? See you next year Hoosiers!
PITT got shellacked yesterday by Rutgers.
Arthur

South Bend, IN

#112 Jan 27, 2008
I really don't get it. As an IU fan I not only root for the Hoosiers but Butler, Valpo, Purdue and anyone in our state. Also, I could never understand the mentality of IU fans rooting against Purdue or visa versa. After your team loyalty there is both state loyalty and certainly conference loyalty.
IU grad but Boiler fan

Pataskala, OH

#113 Jan 27, 2008
Knoxville IU Fan wrote:
I think IU was somewhat overrated, but they haven't pulled a Wofford yet, so i think they'll be a ok.
Actually, IU quits playing smaller schools' teams when they start losing to them, a la Indiana State.
Larry

Acworth, GA

#114 Jan 27, 2008
Well first,I see Eric Gordon needing to stay in school for that coaching someone mentioned but he's not going to get it from KS. Can you name one professional player KS has developed.Not!!. If EG. goes to the pro's,he'll be bench fooder or in the D-league with McRoberts. The old school was you get better through staying in school and get the coaching butI sdon't see KS's teams getting better, they collapse at the end.
To Hoosierdaddy,if,if ,if, wow what if. sounds like and excuse looking for a reason.
Coach Cellphone Sanctions

Philo, IL

#115 Jan 27, 2008
Yes, I can recruit, even if I have to cheat, but I can not coach. Eric Gordon spent too much time crying yesterday!
Jville48

Louisville, KY

#116 Jan 27, 2008
No problems guys. You were bound to have an off game and lose eventually. It's just good that it was a non-conference team. Now just regroup and get ready for the rest of the games. Go IU!
Hair Combed Over

Marysville, OH

#117 Jan 27, 2008
j doe wrote:
Eric Gordon ready for the NBA? NOT! Needs to mature much more before being ready for the draft.
I couldn't agree more. I've been saying all season that he's not ready. I just don't get why anyone thinks he's ready for the NBA. He is a great talent with a huge upside, but still has a lot of work to do. UCON was superior to IU athletically and Gordan couldn't handle it. IU was out coached by a mile and UCON's superior guard play sealed the game. UCON also disected IU in the paint. Beyond DJ IU has no inside presence. The lack of any offensive game plan is also disturbing. Even so IU will contend for the Big Ten Title and finish with 25+ wins.

Undue Purversity
Fell Down Funked Up

Denver, CO

#118 Jan 27, 2008
I don't want to throw some stats into the mix, but if I'm not mistaken, UConn leads the nation in blocks and is among the leaders in Field Goal% defense in the nation. UConn's problem all season has been the lack of a perimeter game to complement their interior size. They shot better against IU than they had in several games. This is a roster that is two years removed from an Elite 8 appearance, so its not like they were a chump opponent.
Fell Down Funked Up

Denver, CO

#119 Jan 27, 2008
Jas wrote:
<quoted text>
Pitt is lucky to have the record they do, with the injuries. How good would Notre Dame be if they could ever win consistently on the road in the Big East by the way?
Fell Down Funked Up

Denver, CO

#120 Jan 27, 2008
Hair Combed Over wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't agree more. I've been saying all season that he's not ready. I just don't get why anyone thinks he's ready for the NBA. He is a great talent with a huge upside, but still has a lot of work to do. UCON was superior to IU athletically and Gordan couldn't handle it. IU was out coached by a mile and UCON's superior guard play sealed the game. UCON also disected IU in the paint. Beyond DJ IU has no inside presence. The lack of any offensive game plan is also disturbing. Even so IU will contend for the Big Ten Title and finish with 25+ wins.
Undue Purversity
Beating a dead horse here, but yesterday was probably the best UConn's guards had played all year, and the Huskies' shooting was much better. UConn has one of the better front lines in the country in terms of size, they've just had zero guard play.
Sailor

Middleburg, FL

#121 Jan 27, 2008
IU grad but Boiler fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, bud, news flash - IU IS NOT THE BIG TEN LEADER! They haven't even played Michigan State, Purdue, Wisconsin, or OSU - read up a little!
Hey "Bud" news flash for you, Indiana is 6-0 in the Big 10, which makes them the conference leader since everyone else has at least one loss in the conference. Who they haven't played has no effect on the standings, those games only count when they are done. So how about you read up a little...or take a basic statistics class at the Learning Annex.

Yout turn.
hoosier ur daddy

AOL

#122 Jan 27, 2008
THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE! OVERRATED! IU FINALLY PLAYED SOMEBODY,OOPS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Courts tell Indiana to honor gay marriages from... 3 hr DavidM 13
colts win, patriots cheat again 5 hr bite me 14
Bill Sniper Maher 11 hr The True Patriots 1
Sgt Excise William Carter 11 hr The Informant 1
Hey Fishkeepers ! Sat Oddball Fish 1
Media's Gay Rights Darling Busted For Drunk Dri... Sat Christsharia Law 8
Greenwood High School coach resigns, accused ofa (Mar '14) Fri Lyle Chip Chipper... 24
Indianapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Indianapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 am PST

NFL10:04AM
Richardson was suspended for two Colts playoff games
ESPN10:58 AM