IU stumbles against UConn

It all came crashing down Saturday afternoon for the Indiana Hoosiers. Attracting a crowd: Indiana's Eric Gordon drives against Connecticut's Craig Austrie and Stanley Robinson. Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Selfish

Louisville, KY

#1 Jan 27, 2008
There may be no I's in team, but there are in IndIana. With the exception of White, this team is selfish. They are not cohesive and this will be their demise.
Rick in Avon

United States

#2 Jan 27, 2008
It was really nice to see a IU game! The big ten network sucks.
Rick in Avon

United States

#3 Jan 27, 2008
Selfish wrote:
There may be no I's in team, but there are in IndIana. With the exception of White, this team is selfish. They are not cohesive and this will be their demise.
I saw the same thing. There was too much one on one and too little passing and cutting.
MMiller

West Chester, OH

#4 Jan 27, 2008
Despite the home loss, at least the ALL-Important SOS goes up. The Hoosiers strength of schedule has been so weak, its almost scary. Now on to Madison, YIKES!!!
Uncle Willis

Fort Wayne, IN

#5 Jan 27, 2008
How about a pass into the post, a couple of weak side screens, and a cut to the basket? I saw a pass into the post, and four guys standing at the 3 point line. These kids don' t know how to play game like it should be played. If you miss a couple shots, then try to get a BETTER shot next trip down the floor.

DeAndre hurt them early by missing some bunnies that would gave kept them ahead and stunted the comeback. If you can't make the easy ones, then the harder shots aren't going to go in either.

“Loving this Colts' era!”

Since: Jan 08

Waynetown, IN

#6 Jan 27, 2008
Concerning this current edition of IU Basketball...."They are who we thought they were!"

Another early exit is on the horizon in the NCAA tournament.
outside the box

Mount Washington, KY

#7 Jan 27, 2008
"Stumbles"??? Connecticut dominated...much more that the score indicates.
Steve From Area 51

United States

#8 Jan 27, 2008
Hopefully IU learned a lesson yesterday. As the Hoosiers finally start to play quality opposition, it's obvious that they have a ways to go as far as competing in that calibur of teams.
The final score was closer than the game was actually played. Thank goodness the game was played at Assembly Hall, or we might be staring at something (the score) much more depressing this morning...
Coach Sampson had better start texting some 7-footers for next year's team.
IU MAD

Greens Fork, IN

#9 Jan 27, 2008
Wow Sampson should have to give part of his salary back for this coaching job. They were copmpletely unprepared, outplayed and out hutsled. Great win for Boilers but now IU gets angry Badgers and unless a whole lot better team shows up in Madison it could get real ugly real fast. I know kids will get high on themseves and read their own press clipings but that is what Sampson gets paid big money to do, prepare.Butler, Notre Dame, and Purdue had great quality wins yesterday, it was embarassing in Bloomington.
lmfao

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Jan 27, 2008
whimpy whimpy whimpy, hefty hefty hefty, iu vs. uconn. any questions?
Hickory Hoosier

AOL

#11 Jan 27, 2008
IU MAD wrote:
Wow Sampson should have to give part of his salary back for this coaching job. They were copmpletely unprepared, outplayed and out hutsled. Great win for Boilers but now IU gets angry Badgers and unless a whole lot better team shows up in Madison it could get real ugly real fast. I know kids will get high on themseves and read their own press clipings but that is what Sampson gets paid big money to do, prepare.Butler, Notre Dame, and Purdue had great quality wins yesterday, it was embarassing in Bloomington.
UIC is a quality win?
Don

Bradenton, FL

#12 Jan 27, 2008
Lack of rebounding, lack of defense and lack of conditioning (as pointed out by one announcer), equals one thing: LACK OF COACHING! IU was an embarassment to the Big Ten and to themselves.
Duh

New Palestine, IN

#13 Jan 27, 2008
Hickory Hoosier wrote:
<quoted text>
UIC is a quality win?
Any win within your conference is a quality win!
Knoxville IU Fan

Raleigh, NC

#14 Jan 27, 2008
I had to catch the game on ESPN gamecast so i didn't get to see it, being as i am in Tennessee for the immediate future. Bassett said some of the players were playing "selfish", who was he talking about? Also, i thought IU could/would lose to UCONN, if only because of UCONN's Obviously superior frontcourt. It's no secret that IU has not had a good frontcourt in a long time, and i wonder why that is, if anyone else knows, please enlighten me. Also, a friend of mine, who has watched every game on t.v. this year, has said watching the IU home games is like watching golf, light clapping, dead silence with everyone nodding off. Why is that, IU used to be one of the best places to play, but the handful of games i have seen and the word of others suggest the fans at IU this year have been less than lively.
Jaytucky Patriot

Muncie, IN

#15 Jan 27, 2008
As the 7th ranked team in the country, Indiana is 5-2 against teams with a better than .500 record and against teams with an rp of less than 50, 0-2.
Next up, Wisconsin on the road. Their rpi is at 21. Indiana's strength of schedule is 134 which is very last in the Big Ten.
Sailor

Middleburg, FL

#16 Jan 27, 2008
The outcome of this game shouldn't be THAT surprising. The Big 10 just isn't nearly on the level of the Big East. This was a one of the Big East's mid-level teams (this year I mean, UConn as we know is historically the best in the Big East over the last 10-15 years) against the best in the Big 10. Indiana just doesn;t play the type of competition UConn does, did you look at UConn's out of conference? Memphis, Gonzaga, Indiana and Ga. Tech? That's tough, very very tough. Not to mention they play Georgetown, Marquette, Syracuse, Louisville, Villanova, W. Va and Cincinatti every year. This just goes to show that the Big 10 isn't quite on par with the Big East, but I don;t think anyone is. The ACC might be close, but they don;t have the depth the Big East does, what we saw today was the #7 team in the Big East dismantle the Big 10 leader without their starting 2-guard and 6th man. Depressing maybe, but fact nonetheless.
Knoxville IU Fan

Raleigh, NC

#17 Jan 27, 2008
Why did purdue fans storm the court when they beat #12 Wisconsin yesterday? I guess it was the biggest win in school history. Congrats for the monumental and Earth shaking win, brings back memories when IU beat them last year when they're ranked #2 and had Tucker. Now go win at Iowa and don't pull a Wofford.
Sailor

Middleburg, FL

#18 Jan 27, 2008
Ha ha, Wussconsin is a joke, if they end up in the top 25 everyone should be amazed.
Jeff

United States

#19 Jan 27, 2008
As a Purdue alum/fan I was disappointed in your team's unspirited play. The coaching was a joke. There was a shot of Sampson late in the game and he looked like a deer in the headlights.

I expect your team to come out strong in the next few games although as was pointed out above, you've your handsfull with a big front line, like Wisconsin -- Butch is a tough as they come.

The game with Purdue in a few weeks will be a battle like we saw in the hayday of Keady v Knight.
Knoxville IU Fan

Raleigh, NC

#21 Jan 27, 2008
Big East Conference Standings.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/standings

TEAM CON. OVERALL.

Georgetown 6-1 16-2
Louisville 5-2 15-5
Notre Dame 4-2 14-4
Pittsburgh 4-3 16-4
Marquette 4-3 14-4
West Virginia 4-3 15-5
Connecticut 4-3 14-5
Cincinnati 4-3 9-10
DePaul 4-3 9-10
Seton Hall 3-3 13-6
Providence 3-3 12-6
Villanova 3-4 13-5
Syracuse 3-4 13-7
Rutgers 2-6 10-11
South Florida 1-6 10-10
St. John's 1-6 7-11

11 Teams with winning records, and 9 teams with records above .500 in conference play, sounds like the toughest conference in the country to me.

Big Ten Conference Standings.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/standings

TEAM CON. OVERALL.

Indiana 6-0 17-2
Wisconsin 6-1 16-3
Purdue 6-1 15-5
Michigan State 5-1 17-2
Ohio State 5-2 14-6
Iowa 3-5 10-11
Minnesota 2-4 12-6
Penn State 2-5 10-9
Illinois 1-6 9-11
Michigan 1-6 5-14
Northwestern 0-6 6-10

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Very useless deputy sheriff at colts game last ... 1 hr sarcasm 17
WalMart Adventures on west side 1 hr Curious 1
Obama lied to Hispanics 5 hr I am Juan 1
Islam=I stink like a monkey 5 hr farvinston 2
Paul George tweeting trash ? 5 hr Blackology 5
Bin Laden images 14 hr The Zombie 2
Obama No Combat Troops 14 hr Dave 5
•••
•••

Indianapolis Jobs