Finance Authority to wait on canal pr...

Finance Authority to wait on canal project

There are 18 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 26, 2007, titled Finance Authority to wait on canal project. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

The Indiana Finance Authority will put off a decision on awarding a contract to develop a one-acre site along the Downtown Canal until after it gets input on the project from Indianapolis Mayor-elect Greg ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

bobo

United States

#1 Nov 26, 2007
8ft wide!! thats a big hotel

“Equality for ALL”

Since: May 07

Indianapolis/Muncie

#2 Nov 26, 2007
What a shame - Ballard will likely block this. Just what we need, a man defending grass lots downtown
Duke Nukem

Peoria, IL

#3 Nov 26, 2007
Do not put a park there! The slope makes in impractical anyway.

Build a huge hotel that pays taxes in year one.

The canal level should have an airy, open to the public area with restrooms, retail, restaurants and rest and refreshment areas.
S-Ville

United States

#4 Nov 26, 2007
Well this is one project that won't be developed into the potential it could have been. Bet Ballard Nixes it.
Hmmm

Clayton, IN

#6 Nov 26, 2007
NO tax money or abatements for the minimum wage jobs that this hotel will produce..we can no longer afford to susidize private business ventures like this.. if it is worthwhile businesses will take the risk..that is what capitalism is about ..taking risk and reaping the reward..the taxpayers can not afford to be any one's safety net any more...

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Nov 26, 2007
Ballard isn't Mayor yet! Why wait? Do we need the next Mayor's approval. Can't the IFA make a decision now?

“Fighting Against Stupidity”

Since: Aug 07

Ingalls, IN

#8 Nov 26, 2007
Just what we need.....more downtown hotels when the existing ones can't even fill their rooms. They need to build a prison instead.
Working for Shorty

Latonia, KY

#10 Nov 26, 2007
I work in this area, and for the life of me, I can't figure out how they are going to build a hotel and a parking facility on this small, sloped piece of property. Any engineers or architects out there who can explain this to me???
Frosty

Roanoke, IN

#11 Nov 26, 2007
I'm a studying engineer. They will use their secret magical engineering powers and overnight, a ginormous building will appear.

I don't see a grassy parcel of land near the New York Street bridge. The nearest large grassy area is by Michigan Street. A hotel there would most likely have underground parking - a realllly big hole because I would think there would be a lower lobby exiting to the canal so below that would have to be the garages. I compared the size of this plot with the size of the Hyatt using Google Maps, and the Hyatt space is only slightly larger.
Frosty

Roanoke, IN

#12 Nov 26, 2007
From the looks of the other grassy strips along the canal, the grassy hill at the location I talked about before would still be city owned. I think that would simplify the project.
Eight Feet

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Nov 26, 2007
What the heck and how the heck is anything going to be built on an 8' wide strip of land? Is is a piece next to larger parcels?
Rob

Monon, IN

#14 Nov 26, 2007
I am very concerned that Ballard will ruin the years of progress that have been made under preceding Mayors.
tax payer

Birmingham, AL

#15 Nov 26, 2007
I am very concerned that Ballard will ruin the years of progress that have been made under preceding Mayors.
[Your stupid.. Ballard is going to have to fix what the current mayor has jaced up !!!!!!!!!]
Frosty

Roanoke, IN

#16 Nov 26, 2007
Nothing is going to be built in the 8' strip. That is owned by the city. Notice it is the INDIANA finance authority who wants to develop the 1 acre of STATE owned land that is adjacent to the 8' strip of city owned property.
Crazy Train

Dayton, OH

#17 Nov 29, 2007
John Galt wrote:
Just what we need.....more downtown hotels when the existing ones can't even fill their rooms. They need to build a prison instead.
Moronic comment of the day...
Crazy Train

Dayton, OH

#18 Nov 29, 2007
Frosty wrote:
Nothing is going to be built in the 8' strip. That is owned by the city. Notice it is the INDIANA finance authority who wants to develop the 1 acre of STATE owned land that is adjacent to the 8' strip of city owned property.
Wow, someone who actually knows the facts... Go figure..

“Fighting Against Stupidity”

Since: Aug 07

Ingalls, IN

#19 Dec 1, 2007
Crazy Train wrote:
<quoted text>
Moronic comment of the day...
The crime problem won't go away by ignoring it. Did you learn nothing from Bart's reign?
Crazy Train

Dayton, OH

#20 Dec 4, 2007
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The crime problem won't go away by ignoring it. Did you learn nothing from Bart's reign?
Um, we don't really have a crime problem. We just have a bunch of fearful farmers with pitchforks. I've lived in real cities, and we don't have nearly the problems of other cities. And, what makes anyone think that building a jail on prime downtown real estate is the answer to the "crime problem" is just beyond me. You want a new jail? Fine. Put it out in Decatur Township somewhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Racist Amos Brown 17 hr Black Racist 1
14% of US Christians left their churches after ... Sun TrumpedUnions 2
Closing of the Marion County Children's Guardia... (Apr '09) Sun bignikki1 40
Trump has lowest first quarter approval of any ... Sat 100 days of fail 1
Donald Trumpís Contract with the American Voter... Sat 100 Daysa Bluster... 2
Fox News Sat GTFO Bill O 11
Sean Spicer canít name a single accomplishment ... Sat Trump - 100 days ... 3
BUYERS BEWARE - Junk John Deere Lawn tractors a... (Sep '11) Apr 9 sundancer2004 165

Indianapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages