Obama is a failure.

George Bush is a failure.

Obamacare is great.

Racist question.

Linda Bledsoe

United States

#63 Nov 19, 2013
Real Truth wrote:
How do y'all like the American standard of living since unions are all but totally abolished? How do you like knowing you're expendable?
Here is a brief case-study:

1) Corporation XYZ has 1000 union labor workers on its payroll. They are making an average of $65,000 per year per the union-negotiated contract. That is a solid, middle class wage.

2) Corporation XYZ is struggling with sales declines, global competition, etc. It is forced to either cut costs or shut down.

3) The union, rather than accepting an adjusted market-value wage of $45,000 for its employees, refuses to accept any negotiation. As a result, Corporation XYZ either ceases operations or relocates overseas.

4) Because of union roadblocks, the union labor workers now make $0 instead of the $45,000 they would have made had the union never existed. That does not include the union "dues" that would have come out of the $65,000 they otherwise earned prior to the economic downturn.

Unions are miserable and are no better than crooked lobbyists in Washington. They are masked as the working stiff's savior but they are really only looking out for their own best interests. Unions did not single-handedly ruin this country's manufacturing economy, but they certainly have negatively contributed to what has happened over the last 25 years.

OK, so if a union is bullying a corporation into bankruptcy and it completely shuts down and pays

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#64 Nov 19, 2013
Unskilled labor was largest part of production in America until NAFTA and the advancement of technology in logistics. When it became easy and cheap to ship goods, production jobs left to cheaper labor. Unions became corrupt vampires long before the 70s.
The America you so miss has turned into a country that has to compete on every level with the rest of the world. Mom and Pop businesses can't compete with corporations.
Today, a high school diploma is no longer good enough. You have to have training and be literate to the net. If I wasn't working on my typing and skills with the net, I wouldn't be reading and responding to you stick up the ass cry babies.
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

#65 Nov 19, 2013
The Past wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,things are much worse today.
In the past,things were perfect. It was a perfect world in 1955
It was a perfect world in 1960
It was a perfect world in 1965
It was a perfect world in 1970
Hollywood invented the bj in 1972
Ghettos did not exist until 2001
Crime didn't exist until 1978
Rape didn't exist until 1969
Pedophilia didn't exist until 1975
The good old days were perfect.
The black folks knew their place.
We didn't have to see so many people of differing ethnicity in this city.
Until 2008,black people did not feel emboldened. Now they do because of Obama. He IS the anti-christ!!!!!!
Remember when...
Our pharmacist was white.
The grocer was white.
The insurance salesman was white.
The television anchormen were white.
Women knew their place. The kitchen and the bedroom.
It was a better time.
We made stuff back in the day. Now we just consume. And consume. Like a zombie. We feel nostalgic for a past that really didn't exist at all. America has always been a violent country. America has always been a country fraught with friction. You're missing an America which only existed in the confines within the block of your home as a child. But,we did make things back in the day.
Manufacturing was plenty....But we let those jobs go overseas. To disallow the investment class their profits was tantamount to communism. So we gleefully allowed jobs to go overseas. Then we continued to vote for the same congress-people year after year. And we wonder why there are no longer any type of manufacturing jobs. We can put the blame on environmentalists. But Americans of all socioeconomic levels want clean air and water in their communities. Businessmen said we can't do that. It'll cost us too much money. To inconvenience the members of the investment class is a no no in America. So,the representatives everyone voted for over and over again made it possible to ship your jobs overseas. They even wrote legislation allowing tax credits FOR those MOVING their business overseas.
Tax credits for the investment class. Stadiums for the idle rich. Now,the woman who might have worked as Rosie the Riveter in Peru Indiana had she been born back in the day is today a crack-whore wandering the bars.
During the interim,you laughed and cried with the Waltons. You adored Mary Tyler Moore. You masturbated to That Girl. You watched AJ Foyt win another race. You wanted to consume the newest and latest appliances and goods. You danced to the sounds of the Bee Gees. You cut your hair and bought polyester suits. You drank copious amounts of Budweiser. You smoked pot...until the buzz wasn't enough to satisfy. Then came cocaine and Miami Vice. Then came talk radio and Faux News.
And now you wonder just how you got f*****ed?!
You know what made your past so damn good? The strength of labor in America. You chose to piss it all away.
I really do not remember much of 1955, except my castle birthday cake, and Tonka fire truck that really shot water!
But thanks for understanding.
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

#66 Nov 19, 2013
BMIGuy wrote:
Unskilled labor was largest part of production in America until NAFTA and the advancement of technology in logistics. When it became easy and cheap to ship goods, production jobs left to cheaper labor. Unions became corrupt vampires long before the 70s.
The America you so miss has turned into a country that has to compete on every level with the rest of the world. Mom and Pop businesses can't compete with corporations.
Today, a high school diploma is no longer good enough. You have to have training and be literate to the net. If I wasn't working on my typing and skills with the net, I wouldn't be reading and responding to you stick up the ass cry babies.
Sadly, even those that have a college education may not have a job that pays more then minimum wage. A steel mill in Terre Haute has trouble attracting qualified applicants, and the pay $23.50 an hour. A local power plant recently had trouble attracting applicants. They started at $15.50,$18.50 an hour with industrial experience, and college. Their (the power plant) pays a fantastic wage after five years, but yet they have trouble finding help. Why is that? They advertise on radio, and in the paper. You can not live at allwell on minimum wage. Are the college grads to educated to potentially get dirty? I do not understand it.
Linda Bledsoe

United States

#67 Nov 19, 2013
Moe wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut up. Either get in my bedroom or get in my kitchen. You have no say in the matter.
I'm not your mother so quit talking to me like I am.
Linda Bledsoe

United States

#68 Nov 19, 2013
BMIGuy wrote:
Technological advances predate NAFTA.
moe

Indianapolis, IN

#69 Nov 19, 2013
Linda Bledsoe wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not your mother so quit talking to me like I am.
No you are my bioych!

Location hidden

#70 Nov 20, 2013
Linda Bledsoe wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not your mother so quit talking to me like I am.
Moe, what ever you do, don't kiss your Mom on the mouth. Her infatuation with the black man's anal cavity has left more then a bad smell to her breath.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#71 Nov 20, 2013
chewing on that thong doesn't help

Location hidden

#72 Nov 20, 2013
I never had a hicky on my sack, till Linda and I felt a little violated afterward.
Linda Bledsoe

United States

#73 Nov 21, 2013
It looks like the voting has leveled off. An overwhelming majority belive that Obama is a failure. The real growth lies where people who voted for him can now admit that he is a failure.

Location hidden

#74 Nov 21, 2013
It's no skin off back to admit Obama failed at anything. You calling him a baboon and other racial names (in the least) shows your dislike is on a more personal level. Talk to me for real now and tell me how you feel towards bi-racial relationships and having kids.
Linda Bledsoe

United States

#75 Nov 22, 2013
BMIGuy wrote:
It's no skin off back to admit Obama failed at anything. You calling him a baboon and other racial names (in the least) shows your dislike is on a more personal level. Talk to me for real now and tell me how you feel towards bi-racial relationships and having kids.
I have no issue with bi-racial or any other individual if they are good people. If they are self-loathing scumbag criminals, I would wish them decesased. That goes for black, white, hispanic, jew, etc. Same for those with no desire to work for a living. They are truly the fat that needs trimmed from humanity. It just so happens that a higer percentage of blacks fit into my definition of worthless. Read the papers, watch the news, and you will see what I mean.

As for Obama, I do not see him as worthless. He is a very smart man by most standards, but he is completely in over his head as president. He would probably make a good corporate lawyer or HR executive. He is not a good leader, though. It has nothing to do with his blackness and everything to do with his attitude.
nocase

Indianapolis, IN

#76 Nov 22, 2013
BMIGuy wrote:
Ever read the final solution?

Location hidden

#77 Nov 24, 2013
Linda Bledsoe wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no issue with bi-racial or any other individual if they are good people. If they are self-loathing scumbag criminals, I would wish them decesased. That goes for black, white, hispanic, jew, etc. Same for those with no desire to work for a living. They are truly the fat that needs trimmed from humanity. It just so happens that a higer percentage of blacks fit into my definition of worthless. Read the papers, watch the news, and you will see what I mean.
As for Obama, I do not see him as worthless. He is a very smart man by most standards, but he is completely in over his head as president. He would probably make a good corporate lawyer or HR executive. He is not a good leader, though. It has nothing to do with his blackness and everything to do with his attitude.
I don't give him a failing grade for his handling of America's recovery. His name and his color alone was a big political move for the rest of the world that helped our cowboy image. That said, I think Obama has been a pussy as a president to the point of letting Bill Clinton push him around like an older brother. I would give Obama an F for his leadership. I have learned as a leader, that sometimes you have to show people a angry black man to keep things moving. You start drawing red lines and you can expect people and countries to challenge your word.
I know how you feel about Obama care, but I am for affordable heath care for all Americans. A person working should be the first to have health care, not the last.

Location hidden

#78 Nov 24, 2013
GW was a was a good ol boy cowboy, but he understands how Muslim politics works. Show of strength is the rule of law. Not that you just have it, but you're not afraid to use it.
Backing out of attacking Syria was smart and the right thing to do, but red line statement was a political fumble with a leadership Image. What troubles me here is that I feel like republicans want to see this health care fail like they do Obama. Nixon was my most disliked president, but I didn't want to see all of my brothers die. He failed America more then GW and Obama combined.
Linda Bledsoe

United States

#79 Nov 25, 2013
I don't want the concept of Obamacare to fail because in theory healthcare for more people is a good thing. But, I think as it currently stands it WILL fail because there was not sufficient effort in understanding the magnitude of what the law does to middle income families. The beneficiaries will be government bureaucrats and big insurance companies. The casualties will be small business owners and middle-income Americans who otherwise have no coverage. The wealthy will not be impacted aside from a slight annoyance from premium increases and potential logistical hardships once things are rolling. Obamacare as it stands today is destructive, divisive, and just poorly executed...much like the man who conceptualized it.
Guy

Indianapolis, IN

#80 Nov 25, 2013
Obamacare will fail because it was poorly thought out and implemented. We were lied to. Due to the future decreases in reimbursements for care, hospitals and doctors offices are forced to lay off and cut costs. This is true. This is only part of the problem. All American should have good healthcare, so with a possible influx of patients in the system, who will take care of them? The people layed off?
The law needs some tweaking and Obama needs to see that. This law would be great if he gets some bipartisan help.

Since: Aug 12

Indianapolis, IN

#81 Nov 26, 2013
Guy wrote:
The law needs some tweaking and Obama needs to see that. This law would be great if he gets some bipartisan help.
It's more likely that Jesus Christ will come down from Heaven and personally heal the sick than there being any bipartisan deal to provide universal coverage.

Healthcare for all is a noble cause, but there is no way around the fact that providing it will be incredibly expensive. Neither party is willing to raise taxes in order to pay for it. Republicans won't take any action on the issue, and Democrats lied to voters in order to get the bill passed. I don't think that any amount of tweaking will make the bill great.
Andrew

Indianapolis, IN

#82 Nov 26, 2013
Pontificating wrote:
<quoted text>
It's more likely that Jesus Christ will come down from Heaven and personally heal the sick than there being any bipartisan deal to provide universal coverage.
Healthcare for all is a noble cause, but there is no way around the fact that providing it will be incredibly expensive. Neither party is willing to raise taxes in order to pay for it. Republicans won't take any action on the issue, and Democrats lied to voters in order to get the bill passed. I don't think that any amount of tweaking will make the bill great.
The Obamacrats already think Obama is Jesus. He is their savior.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
K-mart's shutting down 9 hr Steve 16
I'm so glad I'm white 9 hr bud 4
Why do most Blacks hate Whites? (Jul '13) 14 hr tlove610 297
10th st 14 hr Stevie 1
Push to populate abandoned homes 15 hr Guffaw 2
Pity the mayor 16 hr Chuckie 1
Indianapolis native Ron Klain will lead U.S. Eb... 17 hr White Rules 1
Indianapolis Dating
Find my Match

Indianapolis Jobs