Basketball hall to induct 3 with Indy...

Basketball hall to induct 3 with Indy ties

There are 15 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 26, 2007, titled Basketball hall to induct 3 with Indy ties. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Former Indianapolis high school basketball stars Larry Bullington and Jim Price were among 15 men chosen for the Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame's 2008 men's induction class, hall officials announced today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

New Palasteen Farmboy

Schiller Park, IL

#2 Nov 26, 2007
Price with 25/18 as a senior. Wow !! Back then the City teams were really tough. He would have gone up against McGinnis and Downing a few times and taken on the Tigers, Blue Devils and Woodchucks and my Spartans.....
Tech fan

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Nov 26, 2007
In 1967 Tech went to the final game of the tournament. They had Jim's brother Mike, Jim, Warren Marsden, Chick Sanders and one other starter that I can't remember at this time. It was a fun time in the city back then. Basketball talent was abundant.
warrior fan

Marengo, OH

#4 Nov 26, 2007
I saw Steve Collier play in 1974 and he was a man among boys...a great player. Bill Patrick was coach at Whitko before TV and he took them to state a number of years ago. Patrick coaches our rival now (my kids go to Warsaw) and they ALWAYS play us tough...his kids are ready to play!
Locutus

Bloomington, IN

#5 Nov 26, 2007
The second half of the sixties saw some really powerful teams come out of Indy as well as outstanding individual talent. Beginning in 65 with Indy Washington winning their first sectional and ultimately the state championship, the city was well-represented in the state tourney. In 66 Tech made it to the final game only to lose to Michigan City. In 67 and 68 Shortridge dominated the city sectional and regional, led by Frank Pillow and Oscar Evans in 67 and Evans in 68. Evans led them to the final game in 68 where they came up short against Gary Roosevelt. Then of course 69 was the year of McGinnis/Downing at Washington.

Does anyone else remember when channel 6 used to broadcast the games and they were sponsored by Emge meats? They also had a "tournament central" on their broadcast where they would report scores from sectional finals, and regional and semistate games from other locations. That was a great time for watching high school basketball.
Locutus

Bloomington, IN

#6 Nov 26, 2007
Tech fan wrote:
In 1967 Tech went to the final game of the tournament. They had Jim's brother Mike, Jim, Warren Marsden, Chick Sanders and one other starter that I can't remember at this time. It was a fun time in the city back then. Basketball talent was abundant.
I remember the Price brothers were on that team but I couldn't remember the rest of the starters. It was in 66 though when they lost to Michigan City. Cloverdale was also in that final four. In 67, Evansville North won over Lafayette Jeff by two points in what would be Marion Crawley's last game as a coach at Jeff. The other two finalists in 67 were Ft. Wayne South led by Mr. Basketball Willie Long, and New Castle, which had beaten Shortridge in the Semistate. Evansville North was led by Purdue's own Bob Ford.
Simply The Best

Omaha, NE

#7 Nov 26, 2007
From '65 to '73 Indy High School B-Ball was phenominal.
Bullington was a beast..
Tech, Shortridge, Attucks, Marshall all were awesome.
Howe wasn't bad and litle Chatard even upset #1 Shortridge in the Hinkle sectional in '73..

Great times, great memories
Irish75Grad

Schiller Park, IL

#9 Nov 26, 2007
The Irish won the Ben Davis sectional in 71-72 and destroyed Brownsburg by 45 (for the second time that year) in the afternoon at Hinkle. They were down 8 with 2 plus to go and scored the last 18 in the game to win their first Regional. Got beat by Connersville (state champs to be)in afternoon of the Semistate. The Cox kid from Connersville sung the National Anthem, and then beat us !!
That was a great time for City Basketball.
Gary

Cincinnati, OH

#10 Nov 26, 2007
Tech fan wrote:
I believe the other starter was Rick Roark! Coached by Jack Bradford! Sad, but Chick Sanders was later killed in Vietnam!
Bill

Clemson, SC

#11 Nov 26, 2007
I went to Kokomo HS (1990 grad) and Jim Callane was the AD there. He is a class act and always gave his job 110%. Congrats JC!!!!
Greg in GA

Lawrenceville, GA

#12 Nov 26, 2007
Locutus wrote:
The second half of the sixties saw some really powerful teams come out of Indy as well as outstanding individual talent. Beginning in 65 with Indy Washington winning their first sectional and ultimately the state championship, the city was well-represented in the state tourney. In 66 Tech made it to the final game only to lose to Michigan City. In 67 and 68 Shortridge dominated the city sectional and regional, led by Frank Pillow and Oscar Evans in 67 and Evans in 68. Evans led them to the final game in 68 where they came up short against Gary Roosevelt. Then of course 69 was the year of McGinnis/Downing at Washington.
Does anyone else remember when channel 6 used to broadcast the games and they were sponsored by Emge meats? They also had a "tournament central" on their broadcast where they would report scores from sectional finals, and regional and semistate games from other locations. That was a great time for watching high school basketball.
Yes, I remember those days. I was born and raised in Anderson and lived there during the Ray Estes era when the Anderson Indians were in their prime. Anderson had one of just a few Emge plants in the stae
Rick

Cincinnati, OH

#13 May 11, 2008
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>I believe the other starter was Rick Roark! Coached by Jack Bradford! Sad, but Chick Sanders was later killed in Vietnam!
I believe the Rick Roark you are speaking of is my father. He played for Tech in the late 60's and was, from what I understand, a stellar basketball player for the high school. He will appreciate being remembered!
David Speckman

United States

#16 Jul 10, 2018
Rick wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the Rick Roark you are speaking of is my father. He played for Tech in the late 60's and was, from what I understand, a stellar basketball player for the high school. He will appreciate being remembered!
Please tell Rick David Speckman says Hi
okay

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Jul 10, 2018
David Speckman wrote:
<quoted text>Please tell Rick David Speckman says Hi
The person you are replying to wrote that a little more than 10 years ago.
EnuffIdolizing

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Jul 12, 2018
Stop worshiping sports and idolizing athletes who are spoiled pampered little babies put on a pedastool to be adored and admired for playing a sport is so ignorant.
How about honoring teachers more and you're own children place them higher than athletes stop raising your kids to worship athletes and going to sports areanas.

Start honoring God and Jesus and get back in the Church which you have replaced with Monday Night Football and fantasy football worship ot NCAA tournaments
You wonder why kids today have no respect for elders as they follow thuggish athletes who beat women have sex with anyone who do drugs and cheat even as they play the game.
Start reading yoyr Bible again . stop looking at athletes as heroes andpeople to follow and worship. wearing sports gear with their names and team name is foolish yet schools ban any mentioning of Jesus But it is okay to wear a sports jersey to school of any teams names on it.
wake up parents stop allowing MTV, PLAYSTATION, XBOX AND ATHLETES TO RAISE YOUR KIDS
.throw the xbox and playstation away and cable and sat tv off.
take your kids outside teach them about nature play with them, listen to them then you'll kno w what they think and what they enjoy the most, stop hiding from parenting and making excuses you work too hard or are too tired , be that example for those kids again stop letting tv and internet and apolied athletes raise your kids and rap and rock stars also.We have seen this in England ort Europe how they embraced soccer as the main thing to follow and leave the chruch and religion behind and welcome atheism in instead of Jesus .
This is why London has fallen to where it is today and can not rebound they are already whipped by Muslims population breeding wise and they're own Godless Govt as many Brits only passion is soccer and it's footballers and pubs drinking smoking and sex and highest amount of white single mothers raising kids alone.Now some are rising up and they voted to leave the EU but again too late to push back the massive amount of Muslims thye let inside to breed them out of Europe and London.
sad if only they would had stood up and demanded to leave the EU 25 years ago and to demand guns be allowed back for law abiding citizens of England, they became content being on the dole and having soccer as a means of pleasure and the pubs. maybe if they get a PM WITH A SPINE AGAIN and fast track millions of white Christians from Poland and hungary and Austria to become British citizens they could overcome the breeding of Muslims already there now. It would still take about 25 years to do so They would need about 10 million white Christians to do so.I would bring even orphans fro orphanges to Britian from those nations.
true

United States

#19 Jul 12, 2018
EnuffIdolizing wrote:
Stop worshiping sports and idolizing athletes who are spoiled pampered little babies put on a pedastool to be adored and admired for playing a sport is so ignorant.
How about honoring teachers more and you're own children place them higher than athletes stop raising your kids to worship athletes and going to sports areanas.

Start honoring God and Jesus and get back in the Church which you have replaced with Monday Night Football and fantasy football worship ot NCAA tournaments
You wonder why kids today have no respect for elders as they follow thuggish athletes who beat women have sex with anyone who do drugs and cheat even as they play the game.
Start reading yoyr Bible again . stop looking at athletes as heroes andpeople to follow and worship. wearing sports gear with their names and team name is foolish yet schools ban any mentioning of Jesus But it is okay to wear a sports jersey to school of any teams names on it.
wake up parents stop allowing MTV, PLAYSTATION, XBOX AND ATHLETES TO RAISE YOUR KIDS
.throw the xbox and playstation away and cable and sat tv off.
take your kids outside teach them about nature play with them, listen to them then you'll kno w what they think and what they enjoy the most, stop hiding from parenting and making excuses you work too hard or are too tired , be that example for those kids again stop letting tv and internet and apolied athletes raise your kids and rap and rock stars also.We have seen this in England ort Europe how they embraced soccer as the main thing to follow and leave the chruch and religion behind and welcome atheism in instead of Jesus .
This is why London has fallen to where it is today and can not rebound they are already whipped by Muslims population breeding wise and they're own Godless Govt as many Brits only passion is soccer and it's footballers and pubs drinking smoking and sex and highest amount of white single mothers raising kids alone.Now some are rising up and they voted to leave the EU but again too late to push back the massive amount of Muslims thye let inside to breed them out of Europe and London.
sad if only they would had stood up and demanded to leave the EU 25 years ago and to demand guns be allowed back for law abiding citizens of England, they became content being on the dole and having soccer as a means of pleasure and the pubs. maybe if they get a PM WITH A SPINE AGAIN and fast track millions of white Christians from Poland and hungary and Austria to become British citizens they could overcome the breeding of Muslims already there now. It would still take about 25 years to do so They would need about 10 million white Christians to do so.I would bring even orphans fro orphanges to Britian from those nations.
Or you know you could try minding your own business and let people do what they want.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Is A Wimp. 2 hr BeenFranklin 5
No show socks are the worst 7 hr Religions R Cults 3
Irvington Chicken Hoarder 21 hr God 6
Brian Bosma POS! Thu lol 4
Joe Donnelly Thu nono 8
America Was Perfect Wed True 4
Melania and Dennis Hof Wed FactFinder 1

Indianapolis Jobs

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages