Slain Mexican musician Sergio Gomez l...

Slain Mexican musician Sergio Gomez lived in Indianapolis

There are 259 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Dec 5, 2007, titled Slain Mexican musician Sergio Gomez lived in Indianapolis. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Sergio Gomez, the most recent popular musician to be killed in Mexico amid a wave of entertainment-related violence, lived in Indianapolis, according to staff members at radio station WEDJ-FM . Sergio Gomez was ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Gettin it on

Bloomington, IN

#2 Dec 5, 2007
I wonder if the "business associates" had anything to do with it. They are witnesses that have been released unharmed?
John Q

AOL

#4 Dec 5, 2007
Say a lot about Mexico and we are importing that same crime mind set here and the drugs as well.

“ PLOITICS SPORTS ”

Since: May 07

GREENFIELD

#5 Dec 5, 2007
SOMEONE THAT TRYED TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE LOST DAM THE DRUGS AND THERE PEOPLE
lilbossy

United States

#6 Dec 5, 2007
Why they targeting musicians? If it's drug runners.I wondered about the business associates too.
Simpatica

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Dec 5, 2007
Que Dios te bendiga y cuida a su familia.
Leslie

Fishers, IN

#9 Dec 5, 2007
That's a very sad story. The man was brave not to bow down to threats from drug thugs it's a shame he lost his life. I'm very sorry for his family and friends.

The Mexican Government needs to get a handle on things down there. Why are they allowing this stuff to happen?? They seem to be powerless...

John Q: There are also alot of Mexicans that really just want a better life and have no links to crime. We cannot throw stones at them when our homegrown crime is just as bad. Why do you think importing drugs is so profitable for these people? Because Americans are buying it!!
Terri

Bloomington, IN

#16 Dec 5, 2007
My sympathy goes out to his family. Oh what a senseless crime. What kind of world are we living in? Music is magic.
matt

Arlington Heights, IL

#18 Dec 5, 2007
achi wawa! That country is getting as bad as ours. All the good people are moving here.

“Anti-Establishme nt”

Since: Nov 07

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Dec 5, 2007
Close-minded hoosiers never cease to amaze me.
watching you

New York, NY

#26 Dec 5, 2007
Philip J Fry wrote:
Close-minded hoosiers never cease to amaze me.
couldn't have said it better myself
GOD

West Newton, IN

#27 Dec 5, 2007
You don't get it. Mexican drug cartels are more powerful that Mexican Government; (and American authorities as well, since tey are unable to stop them.)That is thanks to the USA DRUGS ACTUAL DEMAND. If Americans wouldn't be sniffing that much, drugs dealers wouldn't have the money and power they have down there. MEX and USA need to work TOGETHER in this issue.

They killed this guy just because he sang a song some capo did not liked or just because he made advances to the wrong woman. They know they can get away with it.

Yeah, violence is one of the reasons Mexicans are coming here. However, is violence better controled in this nation?
GUEROLOCO

Chicago, IL

#28 Dec 5, 2007
UMMM... OBVIOUSLY IF HE IS TRAVELING BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN COUNTRIES AND AROUND THE UNITED STATES THEN HE WAS... WHY DON'T YOU SAVE THOSE TYPE OF COMMENTS DURING SUCH A TRAGEDY... THESE INTERNET @#^& TALKERS NEVER CEASE TO AMAZE ME. THAT'S OK... KARMA WILL GET YA...

MY HEART GOES OUT TO SERGIO GOMEZ AND TO ALL OF HIS LOVED ONES... YOU MADE THINGS HAPPEN THAT OTHER PEOPLE CAN ONLY DREAM ABOUT...

GUEROLOCO
Jerri

Indianapolis, IN

#29 Dec 5, 2007
This is a sad story and my heart goes out to his family.

It is also sad to see some of the really stupid comments.

Are we doing so well in our "War on Drugs"? Is violence so rare here in America?

Yes, we do need to clamp down on illegals if for no other reason than the kind of people who committed this heinous crime. But that does not mean we cannot feel shock and sadness over this senseless and apparently very brutal crime.
PSYKO1

United States

#31 Dec 5, 2007
GUEROLOCO wrote:
UMMM... OBVIOUSLY IF HE IS TRAVELING BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN COUNTRIES AND AROUND THE UNITED STATES THEN HE WAS... WHY DON'T YOU SAVE THOSE TYPE OF COMMENTS DURING SUCH A TRAGEDY... THESE INTERNET @#^& TALKERS NEVER CEASE TO AMAZE ME. THAT'S OK... KARMA WILL GET YA...
MY HEART GOES OUT TO SERGIO GOMEZ AND TO ALL OF HIS LOVED ONES... YOU MADE THINGS HAPPEN THAT OTHER PEOPLE CAN ONLY DREAM ABOUT...
GUEROLOCO
HORALE ES TODO CARNAL!!
tanya villafuerte

Houston, TX

#32 Dec 5, 2007
sergio gomez is the best!
INDYGIRL

Bridgeport, WV

#33 Dec 5, 2007
George wrote:
Mexico is a corrupt nation and the reason is because the people that live their will do nothing about it. As long as we make it easier to run here and take the cowardly way, no one will have the cajones to be brave. How about the illegals get some courage and go back and throw out these scumbags. It ain't gonna happen as long as we are the enablers.
Exactly, why do they tolerate that? Stand up for yourselves; we (Americans) made this country great- do the same for yours. Don't be a wimp-ass!
Patricia y Anahi

Lebanon, IN

#34 Dec 5, 2007
Rest in Paradise Sergio
--> you will always be remembered in our hearts
We want to know when his funeral will be here in Indianapolis. Nuestro pesame a la familia Gomez. Noone deserves a death so cruel.
Descanse en Paz Sergio Gomez
"OI NOMAS, ECHELE KPAZ"
tanya villafuerte

Houston, TX

#35 Dec 5, 2007
my hole family loves him forever & ever!it is sad to die!!!!!!!!!!who would do such a thing!!!!!!
Reyna

Berthoud, CO

#36 Dec 5, 2007
I don't understand why people are so hateful. This man lost his life for what doing some thing he loved. His Music and making people happy. An all of you who are so hateful to disrespect this murdered man should be ashame of your selves. Whether he is white,black, Latin he is still human. RIP Sergio Gomez as well as Zayda Pena you are now with the angels and please watch over all these hateful people who don't know any better. And to the family of the fallen stars. Pay no mind to these hurtful people who don't know what to say but hurtful things. May god bless your Family at this sorrowful time.
Amazed

Gurnee, IL

#38 Dec 5, 2007
"Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator"
You have got to be kidding me. I am so ashamed of fellow Hoosiers. We need to disconnect the internet from the trailer parks out there and stop these Rednecks from poisoning every forum. The big building in town that has a lot of books in it is called a library. Go to the history section and read up on where all the people, except the indiginous indian tribes, came from in this wonderful country of ours. Our forefathers came as immigrants or laborors. We had and still have little Chinas, Germanys, Polands, and the like were groups congregated to ease the transistion or for safety sake. Every group at one time has been persecuted or set against. Stop beleiving that you are special and start earning your place in this country. Stop belittleing other groups to make yourself feel better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BUYERS BEWARE - Junk John Deere Lawn tractors a... (Sep '11) 6 hr Robeenop 152
Big Obamacare Lie 17 hr Bob Craig 14
Does Brexit signal to the world that Trump will... 23 hr Latte 3
Laughable Slimey Liberals Fri Sick of sponges 14
Freedom/Justice Loving Americans Plan to Occupy... Fri Latte 1
UK no EU Fri Latte 2
looking for private acre's or trailer in count... Thu Ms Independence 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages