Girls' dad convicted in fatal '06 crash

Tom Wood Volkswagen Looking for a Price Quote? Maybe You Need to Schedule a Service Appointment or Test Drive? Tom Wood Volkswagen, Indiana's Premier VW Dealer, Can Do It All Tom Wood Ford Tom Wood Ford offers ... Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#2 Mar 1, 2008
Ok lets hear from all the people who thinks pot should be legal.
She Devil

United States

#3 Mar 1, 2008
I'm still trying to figure out exactly what Marijuana had to do with this story.... It's not like the POT made him not restrain his children in the car. Not saying at all that he shouldn't be in trouble for that, but him Smoking Pot had nothing to do with him and his daughters getting hit by a truck.
BOTTOMFEEDER- FINDER

Carmel, IN

#4 Mar 1, 2008
She Devil wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out exactly what Marijuana had to do with this story.... It's not like the POT made him not restrain his children in the car. Not saying at all that he shouldn't be in trouble for that, but him Smoking Pot had nothing to do with him and his daughters getting hit by a truck.
Sounds like ya need to figure yourself out a little, there, dear. Try staying a couple of hours weed free every two or three years. Ya'll never catch up on what you've lost but at least you'll start processing reality as the rest of us know it again. Learning then follows. Then personal growth. It's a miracle, really. Try it!
reality check

Fillmore, IN

#5 Mar 1, 2008
Now lets hear from all the alcohol consumers if they think it should be outlawed. Lets compare drinking related driving deaths to marijuana related driving deaths. BTW I imbide in neither.
Zville John

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Mar 1, 2008
reality check wrote:
Now lets hear from all the alcohol consumers if they think it should be outlawed. Lets compare drinking related driving deaths to marijuana related driving deaths. BTW I imbide in neither.
imbide s/b imbibe
She Devil

United States

#7 Mar 1, 2008
WELL,I'm happy to inform you FINDER, that you have NOT found the bottomfeeder you were most certainly looking for. I don't Smoke or Drink, thank you very much. That wasn't in my cup to tea when I decided to have children. So, with that said.....You didn't answer my question...... What exactly did Marijuana have to do with this... Just making a dad look worse than he probably already feels. I couldn't imagine my children dying at my neglience of not putting them in restraints. As if its not bad enough that he was there when his children died, lets call him a murderer and a Pot head.
Spring Cleaning

AOL

#8 Mar 1, 2008
Even I need more information before I sentence this guy in my court of public opinion. My court if very efficient and very harsh, but fair.

For all of you pro-pot advocators....from what I read into this story, this was probably an unfortunate incident, but because pot and possibly alcohol were in the car and on his person, we will never know if it was a contributing factor. If the substances are not involved, this is a sad and tragic accident and we feel sorry for this father and the loss of his kids, but because the substance was there, now its still unfortunate, but he is a piece of Sh#t for putting them in the situation.

In summary...any dumb piece of sh#t can put himself in a position to go to jail, and risk his families lives, it takes a smart, responsible person to stay out of it!

Very simple...don't smoke it and keep it out da car!! I've lived my life without it and have a great life!!
Mmmm

Kankakee, IL

#9 Mar 1, 2008
She Devil wrote:
Convince me that the pot had nothing to do with how and why the driver came to lose control of the truck in the first the place--that HAD EVERYTHING TO DO WITH HIM GETTING HIT BY THE TRUCK. Weed impairs judgment of time and distance. Your comment akes me doubt YOUR sobriety when YOU drive AND post comment.
Oy Vay

Kankakee, IL

#10 Mar 1, 2008
Someone convince me why the Babies Daddy was NOT guilty of felony neglect. If this wasn't a case for this charge, what is?
Indy resident

United States

#11 Mar 1, 2008
Dude isn't it ironic... the Judge's name was Stoner?
She Devil

United States

#12 Mar 1, 2008
Those poor children died because they didn't have on seat belts or better yet in Car seats.... Say the guy wasn't smoking and swerved in the same instance, children more than likely would have had same fate. I'm not saying he wasn't at fault. It's not like it said he was smoking or had smoked right before the accident. YES, he did have possession of it, yes, STUPID in my book. How many parents drop things in their cars while driving??? It says they charged him with being under the influence..... But, it doesn't say whether or not he even smoked that day.... Last time I checked a test for marijuana can't tell you the exact date and time that it was smoked, it can just tell you that it has been taken.
I don't think you are understanding what I am saying.... The Star has a reputation of saying things that really don't need to be said. Making someone look worse than it is. Grant it, this is a worse case senerio. My point is...... CHILDREN NEED TO BE IN CAR SEATS, BOOSTER SEATS.....SOME SORT OF RESTRAINT... Just like the little kid last month that was in a car accident and died. She wasn't in a restaint either... WHY are people not protecting their children...???
just a thought

Circleville, OH

#13 Mar 1, 2008
Having pot had nothing to do with the accident, you will be charged if the police find a roach in the ashtray. Because the Star didnt say how much pot he had, lets not jump to conclusions. The man's fault here is not restaining his children.
p.s. I don't drink or smoke pot.
drew

United States

#14 Mar 1, 2008
DavidM wrote:
pot had nothing to do with this crash a-hole. this choad could have just as easily been talking on the cell phone. get a grip.
Carl Hoffman papa serf

AOL

#15 Mar 1, 2008
Impaired by drugs means he had been smoking dope. Be it drinking, smokin, or injecting when impaired one should not drive. He did and he ended up having a wreck that killed his daughters. Intentional no, his fault yes, so to jail he goes. Pot does affect your ability to react and depth percetion so he was impaired by blood test of his abiltity to drive. Do what you want when you want in your own home, but please do not take to the highways impaired by anything.

Register and vote our nation needs more common people with common sense involved come election time. Consider running yourself no elected should get a free ride.

“Nosey just like you”

Since: Feb 08

where I lay my head

#16 Mar 1, 2008
DavidM wrote:
Unless I read it wrong, it states he was in posession of marijuana it does not state what drug or drugs he actually had in his system at the time of the wreck. Could have been something a lot stronger than marijuana.

The Judge's name is quite fitting for this case though!

Since: Dec 07

Indianapolis

#17 Mar 1, 2008
I feel very sorry for this man! Maybe he was druggie? But a little pot in his car? His main offence (as far as I see it is not restraining his children. As for swerving his car-I have seen people (who weren't impaired unless you count stupid )do it all the time! Reaching for cell phone or what ever. It was terrible accident that cost him his children. I will pray for this young man and his family. And no I don't smoke weed. But I think it is no worse than drinking,which I don't do either.
Carl Hoffman papa serf

AOL

#18 Mar 1, 2008
It cleary said under the influence of drugs at the time read the story.
Julius Dobbins

United States

#19 Mar 1, 2008
BOTTOMFEEDER- FINDER wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like ya need to figure yourself out a little, there, dear. Try staying a couple of hours weed free every two or three years. Ya'll never catch up on what you've lost but at least you'll start processing reality as the rest of us know it again. Learning then follows. Then personal growth. It's a miracle, really. Try it!
You are the winner of the carp award today.

The article does not say what drug the driver was under the influence of, it says he was convicted for possession of marijuana.

You are an idiot bottom-feeder
chappie

United States

#20 Mar 1, 2008
As an everyday smoker i know what pot does to you and all you pot bashers are not doing it because you know anything about pot. Its because of what you saw on TV as kids growing up with all the government propaganda about how people lose control and all that other bs when they are on pot.If pot had anything to do with the accident its because the guy dropped his joint in the floorboard and bent down to get it while he was driving and took his eyes off the road. Pot doesnt affect your driving. As far as the reaction time and all your INFORMATION ON POT all your doing is spouting what you have heard on tv. Theres no evidence of any of that. In the last 20 years of study of pot theres no evidence to support any of the governments claims from the 40's until now about the affects of pot.All it is is another way for uncle sam to exploit people for money. I feel bad for this guy and his familly about the deaths of his children. But to put the blame on anything but his neglagence in not putting his kids in seat belts is just blind.And for all you pot haters that grew up in the 40's to the 70's its time to let go and stop the bashing of something you dont know a thing about. I also USED to do alot of drinking and i CAN tell you that when your talking about a dangerous drug,ALCHOLHOL is one of the most dangerous but im sure they will be no bashing of that seeing how its the most abused drug in america.If you really wanted to cut down on traffic deaths the make alchohol illegal. then you would really save lives.
Clint

Louisville, KY

#21 Mar 1, 2008
Marijuana should not be illegal, but driving under the influence of it should be. Treat it like alcohol. Alcohol is legal and marijuana is a much more benign drug than alcohol is. Just think of the tax dollars that could be generated by taxing marijuana similarly to tobacco.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do most Blacks hate Whites? (Jul '13) 2 hr big blue nation 450
The Black Race Fights Injustice and for the com... 2 hr Alonzo X 3
Speedrome memorabilia recalls golden era of Ind... 5 hr Mike Smith 1
Landlord registration in Indianapolis: Section ... Sat NoZipCodeLeftBhind 7
Foundation to pay off mortgages of slain NYPD o... Sat Linda Bedsore 2
Where to get herbal incense/spice/potpourri in ... (May '13) Fri matt 52
Chuck should be gone Jim should be In Dec 25 bikerbob 1
Indianapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web