Bloomington, 2 counties join opioid l...

Bloomington, 2 counties join opioid lawsuit

There are 23 comments on the WTHR-TV Indianapolis story from Dec 15, 2017, titled Bloomington, 2 counties join opioid lawsuit. In it, WTHR-TV Indianapolis reports that:

Officials of two Indiana counties and one city are joining a lawsuit against pharmaceutical companies and distributors for their alleged role in fueling the opioid abuse crisis. The city of Bloomington and the counties Lake and Monroe have signed off on an agreement with Cohen and Malad, an Indianapolis-based law firm, to file a lawsuit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTHR-TV Indianapolis.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
why

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Dec 15, 2017
Why are they giving this anymore attention? You will never stop a dopehead! These people will lie, cheat & steal everything not nailed down to get drugs.

A junkie will steal his own family blind and commit acts of violence to get high. No lawsuit will ever change that.

A junkie is a liar. They will manipulate everyone around them and distort reality to the point that you start to believe their lies. You will never help people that refuse to help themselves.
Because thats why

Greenfield, IN

#2 Dec 16, 2017
why wrote:
Why are they giving this anymore attention? You will never stop a dopehead! These people will lie, cheat & steal everything not nailed down to get drugs.

A junkie will steal his own family blind and commit acts of violence to get high. No lawsuit will ever change that.

A junkie is a liar. They will manipulate everyone around them and distort reality to the point that you start to believe their lies. You will never help people that refuse to help themselves.
Why so dopey?

Part of stopping dope heads is to keep them from getting too much dope.

Legally, these dope maker companies and dope distributor companies are supposed to report doctors and pharmacies who make big dope orders to the dope cops so the dope cops can investigate them for dope peddling and arrest them on dope distribution charges if they ain't on the up and up.

These dope companies ain't doing it, so the states having to deal with more dope heads getting more and more dope...

Cut off the dope supply, to do that, they need to sue these dope companies to put a stop to it.
Doylemiller

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Dec 16, 2017
Because thats why wrote:
<quoted text>Why so dopey?

Part of stopping dope heads is to keep them from getting too much dope.

Legally, these dope maker companies and dope distributor companies are supposed to report doctors and pharmacies who make big dope orders to the dope cops so the dope cops can investigate them for dope peddling and arrest them on dope distribution charges if they ain't on the up and up.

These dope companies ain't doing it, so the states having to deal with more dope heads getting more and more dope...

Cut off the dope supply, to do that, they need to sue these dope companies to put a stop to it.
Lol drs and pharmacies making big dope orders. That’s not how it works. That’s not how any of this works but ok.
End opoid abuse

Greenfield, IN

#4 Dec 16, 2017
Doylemiller wrote:
<quoted text>

Lol drs and pharmacies making big dope orders. That’s not how it works. That’s not how any of this works but ok.
Sounds like you are pretty worried about that pill doctor you see for your "bad back" getting pulled in on a section 52 and cutting off your supply.
Doylemiller

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Dec 16, 2017
I’m actually thrilled these pill heads are going to be cut off
DR X

Greenfield, IN

#6 Dec 16, 2017
Rallies will begin hours after news breaks of a Mueller firing:

* If Mueller is fired BEFORE 2 P.M. local time > events will begin @ 5 P.M. local time

* If Mueller is fired AFTER 2 P.M. local time > events will begin @ noon local time the following day

This is the general planplease confirm details on your event page, as individual hosts may tailor their events to their local plan.

https://act.moveon.org/event/mueller-firing-r...
L O L

Greenfield, IN

#7 Dec 16, 2017
Doylemiller wrote:
I’m actually thrilled these pill heads are going to be cut off
Then why complain about a lawsuit that would make it harder for you to get your pills?
Doylemiller

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Dec 16, 2017
L O L wrote:
<quoted text>Then why complain about a lawsuit that would make it harder for you to get your pills?
I take ZERO medications. The occasional Advil.

I’m not complaining lol.

You’re not very good at reading people.
Take em to court

Greenfield, IN

#10 Dec 17, 2017
You need to get off that stuff and quit running into other people's cars and you want have so many lawsuits to worry yourself to death over.
TrumpedDossier

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Dec 19, 2017
Doyle and and your cousin Tim Miller who both went to doe creek middle school and New Palestine were pot heads and partied hard all week long, All you talked about was getting stoned or laid, You groped younger teen girls and didn't care if they didn't want your hands down their skirts or tops. I watched Tim pull the top and bra off a girl in middle school once He was 18 at the time from flunking so many times 18 years old in the 6th grade lol When I went to school with Joni Pitts aka Joni Michaels and her sister Sherry Pitts.

I believe that girl Tim whose top and bra he pulled off Her name was Glenda I forget her last name .
Doyle yes I remember you following Timmy around like a lost puppy doing everything he did.
You and that Robin Williams hairdo and suspenders , I guess you looked like him lol dope fit in really well and acting doper for attention.
true

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Dec 19, 2017
TrumpedDossier wrote:
Doyle and and your cousin Tim Miller who both went to doe creek middle school and New Palestine were pot heads and partied hard all week long, All you talked about was getting stoned or laid, You groped younger teen girls and didn't care if they didn't want your hands down their skirts or tops. I watched Tim pull the top and bra off a girl in middle school once He was 18 at the time from flunking so many times 18 years old in the 6th grade lol When I went to school with Joni Pitts aka Joni Michaels and her sister Sherry Pitts.

I believe that girl Tim whose top and bra he pulled off Her name was Glenda I forget her last name .
Doyle yes I remember you following Timmy around like a lost puppy doing everything he did.
You and that Robin Williams hairdo and suspenders , I guess you looked like him lol dope fit in really well and acting doper for attention.
You might want to give that one time to wake up. She sleeps late after stocking the shelves at Walmart all night.
Drive Carefully

Greenfield, IN

#15 Dec 19, 2017
TrumpedDossier wrote:
Doyle and and your cousin Tim Miller who both went to doe creek middle school and New Palestine were pot heads and partied hard all week long, All you talked about was getting stoned or laid, You groped younger teen girls and didn't care if they didn't want your hands down their skirts or tops. I watched Tim pull the top and bra off a girl in middle school once He was 18 at the time from flunking so many times 18 years old in the 6th grade lol When I went to school with Joni Pitts aka Joni Michaels and her sister Sherry Pitts.

I believe that girl Tim whose top and bra he pulled off Her name was Glenda I forget her last name .
Doyle yes I remember you following Timmy around like a lost puppy doing everything he did.
You and that Robin Williams hairdo and suspenders , I guess you looked like him lol dope fit in really well and acting doper for attention.
I'm sure all these people, whoever they are, love that some pill head PoS is using their names on here. Sure hope you don't get another lawsuit from them.
Sweet Dreams

Greenfield, IN

#16 Dec 19, 2017
TrumpedDossier wrote:
Doyle and and your cousin Tim Miller who both went to doe creek middle school and New Palestine were pot heads and partied hard all week long, All you talked about was getting stoned or laid, You groped younger teen girls and didn't care if they didn't want your hands down their skirts or tops. I watched Tim pull the top and bra off a girl in middle school once He was 18 at the time from flunking so many times 18 years old in the 6th grade lol When I went to school with Joni Pitts aka Joni Michaels and her sister Sherry Pitts.

I believe that girl Tim whose top and bra he pulled off Her name was Glenda I forget her last name .
Doyle yes I remember you following Timmy around like a lost puppy doing everything he did.
You and that Robin Williams hairdo and suspenders , I guess you looked like him lol dope fit in really well and acting doper for attention.
Libel is written or graphically transmitted defamation.

To win an defamation lawsuit in Indiana, the plaintiff must prove that the defendant:

- Made an unprivileged false statement of fact about the plaintiff;

- Said statement caused the plaintiff material harm; and

- Acted either negligently or with actual malice.

The statute of limitations for defamation in Indiana is two years.

Indiana is unique regarding the interpretation of its statute of limitations on libel and slander.

Most states start the limitations clock from the time the defamatory statement was published or broadcast.

However, the Indiana courts have ruled that the statute of limitations begins when the damage of the statement is susceptible of ascertainment.

In other words, Indiana starts the clock when the plaintiff figures out the nature of the damages caused by the defamatory statement.

-

Oh my goodness, if someone googles their name on here and finds something someone's said about them any time in the past that is a malicious lie, then they have two years to sue you for damages.

Sweet Dreams!
sortof

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Dec 19, 2017
Sweet Dreams wrote:
<quoted text>Libel is written or graphically transmitted defamation.

To win an defamation lawsuit in Indiana, the plaintiff must prove that the defendant:

- Made an unprivileged false statement of fact about the plaintiff;

- Said statement caused the plaintiff material harm; and

- Acted either negligently or with actual malice.

The statute of limitations for defamation in Indiana is two years.

Indiana is unique regarding the interpretation of its statute of limitations on libel and slander.

Most states start the limitations clock from the time the defamatory statement was published or broadcast.

However, the Indiana courts have ruled that the statute of limitations begins when the “damage” of the statement is “susceptible of ascertainment.”

In other words, Indiana starts the clock when the plaintiff figures out the nature of the damages caused by the defamatory statement.

-

Oh my goodness, if someone googles their name on here and finds something someone's said about them any time in the past that is a malicious lie, then they have two years to sue you for damages.

Sweet Dreams!
Lol! Good luck with that! Unless the ‘victim’ is mother Teresa it’s pretty hard to prove their reputation is damaged. If the ‘victim’ works at Walmart or McDonald’s did this ‘slander’ affect his/her paycheck/livelihood? The burden of proof lies on the ‘victim’ to prove they were turned down for that illustrious TJ Max home goods ‘career’.

What’s more, most of the things written on the internet have a great deal of truth. Very rarely is someone attacked without merit. Not one thing illegal about calling a spade a spade.

But you go ahead and file those lawsuits lol hope you have DEEP pockets for all those delicious legal fees!!!

Or you could just start living a decent life and pay your bills.
sortof

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Dec 19, 2017
PS

Read up on Green vs AOL. These cases are rare. Thousands upon thousands of dollars are involved in legal fees and no lawyer wants to take them on. Invariably the internet service provider has to be sued to release the users identity and then many times it’s revealed the user is hiding behind a VPN or TOR.

Also, loser pays ALL legal fees. There’s only been one case followed through to the end and it took 5 years and $5 million. Do you honestly believe that a person writing something on a website has a dime or career to take? Come on now.

The problem with people like you is you think you are owed something in life. 8 years of Obama ruined an entire segment of the population who just wants their Obama phones! And the little snowflakes want to sue and find safe spaces when someone calls you out on your BS. Boohoo
Deep Pockets Not Required

Greenfield, IN

#19 Dec 19, 2017
sortof wrote:
<quoted text>

Lol! Good luck with that! Unless the ‘victim’ is mother Teresa it’s pretty hard to prove their reputation is damaged. If the ‘victim’ works at Walmart or McDonald’s did this ‘slander’ affect his/her paycheck/livelihood? The burden of proof lies on the ‘victim’ to prove they were turned down for that illustrious TJ Max home goods ‘career’.

What’s more, most of the things written on the internet have a great deal of truth. Very rarely is someone attacked without merit. Not one thing illegal about calling a spade a spade.

But you go ahead and file those lawsuits lol hope you have DEEP pockets for all those delicious legal fees!!!

Or you could just start living a decent life and pay your bills.
Wrong on so many things there, it's not even funny.

As you probably didn't know, contingency fees mean you only pay attorney's fees if the attorney wins money for you. In general, contingency fee percentages range from 33% to 40%.
cscb-vfmf-nstfm

United States

#20 Dec 19, 2017
sortof wrote:
PS

Read up on Green vs AOL. These cases are rare. Thousands upon thousands of dollars are involved in legal fees and no lawyer wants to take them on. Invariably the internet service provider has to be sued to release the users identity and then many times it’s revealed the user is hiding behind a VPN or TOR.

Also, loser pays ALL legal fees. There’s only been one case followed through to the end and it took 5 years and $5 million. Do you honestly believe that a person writing something on a website has a dime or career to take? Come on now.

The problem with people like you is you think you are owed something in life. 8 years of Obama ruined an entire segment of the population who just wants their Obama phones! And the little snowflakes want to sue and find safe spaces when someone calls you out on your BS. Boohoo
cscb-vfmf-nstfm
TrumpedDoyleMill er

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Dec 20, 2017
Trump can sue the DNC and Hillary Clinton for the slandering phony Russian gate connection Dossier DNC and Hillary paid for?
I bet Trump is going to sue the Clinton and DNC after he is out of office which will devastate the DNC FINANCES as they are trying to do to Trump as they always do to the other side they lost to even if it is all lies sue sue sue drag them into court That is the Dems game plan.I will say to Doyle A line from a rocky movie So sue me I'm broke sue me lol you punch me I'll sue lol .
sortof

Indianapolis, IN

#22 Dec 20, 2017
Deep Pockets Not Required wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong on so many things there, it's not even funny.

As you probably didn't know, contingency fees mean you only pay attorney's fees if the attorney wins money for you. In general, contingency fee percentages range from 33% to 40%.
IF that’s in the contract and IF the respondent has assets. Which is why most attorneys will not take these cases. Suing an unknown person or person(s) because they called you a poopy butt doesn’t necessarily mean the attorney will even get paid. The billable hour is not going away any time soon.

But feel free to go ahead and file that lawsuit. Lol did you even read Green vs AOL or the suit out of Texas that topic was involved with? Not a dime has ever been recovered to date.
sortof

Indianapolis, IN

#23 Dec 20, 2017
TrumpedDoyleMiller wrote:
Trump can sue the DNC and Hillary Clinton for the slandering phony Russian gate connection Dossier DNC and Hillary paid for?
I bet Trump is going to sue the Clinton and DNC after he is out of office which will devastate the DNC FINANCES as they are trying to do to Trump as they always do to the other side they lost to even if it is all lies sue sue sue drag them into court That is the Dems game plan.I will say to Doyle A line from a rocky movie So sue me I'm broke sue me lol you punch me I'll sue lol .
Looks like Doyle is trying to sue you lol! Lucky for you there’s no such thing as a debtors prison. You’re in good shape never owning anything! Bet you even lease the car, assuming you have one hahaha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is she cheating 2 hr JJbean 1
Hot black women 3 hr Bitterlosers 4
Chik-Fil-A Bigots 18 hr noway 7
Attorney Nate Delay 19 hr FYI 7
William Myers 21 hr okammy 1
News Police: Officers fatally shoot man who fired at... Mon okaom 1
News Defrost your windshield in seconds with this hack Sun Username 2

Indianapolis Jobs

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages