Walk from Indy to Anderson draws atte...

Walk from Indy to Anderson draws attention to immigration issues

There are 11 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 1, 2013, titled Walk from Indy to Anderson draws attention to immigration issues. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

They are from Mexico, Nicaragua, Columbia, Kenya and the United States. All live in Indianapolis — some legally, some not.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#1 Nov 2, 2013
Who cares if they march throughout the whole world? lets help them march themselves into outer space.....perhaps they can colonize Mars, ESTABLISH THEIR OWN WORLD, set up their own social government in their very own RED PLANET.

“The End Of America Coming Soon”

Since: Dec 07

Welfare State

#4 Nov 3, 2013
Yes, the U.S. was built by immigrants, however, there is a huge difference in the immigrants of yesteryear compared to the illegal freeloaders we have today.

Immigrants who came in the past, came here to participate, not overtake. They learned English, they adapted to the American culture and way of life. They worked hard to provide for their families and never depended on taxpayers to pay their way.

It's unfair to compare the breed of greedy, selfish illegal lawbreakers we have here today to those who came decades before.

The illegals here today are destroying this country and they are a burden to the taxpaying citizens.

The hot mess we're in right now can be equated largely to years of uncontrolled illegal immigration and our government's refusal to enforce our laws.

Another grand amnesty will be the end of American forever! We simply cannot sustain it...

Republican

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Nov 3, 2013
The immigrants that are here today is because I need them to work my fields and plant my crops. I also have to have them serve me my food and do my laundry and run my bathwater besides keeping my house clean. And if they get sick they can die before I pay for there healthcare. I get all this for a dollar a day wage. And if you don't like it migrate back to your own country.
leonardo

Elizabeth, NJ

#6 Nov 4, 2013
Fed Up in North Carolina wrote:
Yes, the U.S. was built by immigrants, however, there is a huge difference in the immigrants of yesteryear compared to the illegal freeloaders we have today.
Immigrants who came in the past, came here to participate, not overtake. They learned English, they adapted to the American culture and way of life. They worked hard to provide for their families and never depended on taxpayers to pay their way.
It's unfair to compare the breed of greedy, selfish illegal lawbreakers we have here today to those who came decades before.
The illegals here today are destroying this country and they are a burden to the taxpaying citizens.
The hot mess we're in right now can be equated largely to years of uncontrolled illegal immigration and our government's refusal to enforce our laws.
Another grand amnesty will be the end of American forever! We simply cannot sustain it...
the people that i know they allways work to support their families i woul say better workers than white people 100% sure they worry in brake time,cigarret time ect everybory knows this but they want to make you believe something that is not true .
Oldglory

Coachella, CA

#7 Nov 4, 2013
leonardo wrote:
<quoted text>the people that i know they allways work to support their families i woul say better workers than white people 100% sure they worry in brake time,cigarret time ect everybory knows this but they want to make you believe something that is not true .
What a crock! No ethnic group or race holds the corner of the market on good work ethics. I have to laugh at the way that Hispanics/Mexicans feel the need to pat themselves on the back like they are the next best thing to baked bread. Talk about low self-esteem!

Who do you think built this successful country? It sure wasn't Mexicans. Stick your racism against white Americans where the sun doesn't shine!
Cesar Millan

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Nov 4, 2013
Oldglory wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do you think built this successful country? It sure wasn't Mexicans. Stick your racism against white Americans where the sun doesn't shine!
Actually it was immigrants. Go read your history books. We are sick of your racism.
Oldglory

Coachella, CA

#9 Nov 4, 2013
Cesar Millan wrote:
<quoted text>Actually it was immigrants. Go read your history books. We are sick of your racism.
Yes, it was built by mostly white immigrants and their descendants that were born here and therefore were American citizens. It is you who needs to read a history book, you dolt. Whom am I supposedly racist against? I don't have a problem with LEGAL immigration no matter where they are from so you were saying, Mr. race baiter?
ronnie

Saint George, UT

#10 Nov 4, 2013
Cesar Millan wrote:
<quoted text>Actually it was immigrants. Go read your history books. We are sick of your racism.
Your people mowed lawns and picked up dog shit off lawns, but what did they ever do to build this Country. Nothing. They've ruined what we built. Look at there home Country'S??? See anything wrong with that picture? ha ha ha ha....
Andrew

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Nov 4, 2013
Cesar Millan wrote:
At least someone knows what they are talking about. Immigrants did build this country.
Andrew

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Nov 4, 2013
Oldglory wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it was built by mostly white immigrants and their descendants that were born here and therefore were American citizens. It is you who needs to read a history book, you dolt. Whom am I supposedly racist against? I don't have a problem with LEGAL immigration no matter where they are from so you were saying, Mr. race baiter?
Actually the white immigrants were busy murdering the natives and killing each other. While the ethnic non whites were building this country. Actually if you are white then you are an illegal immigrant yourself. Migrate back to your homeland. Sigh! Why I waist my time on you stupid and ignorant people is beyond me.
Andrew

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Nov 4, 2013
ronnie wrote:
<quoted text>Your people mowed lawns and picked up dog shit off lawns, but what did they ever do to build this Country. Nothing. They've ruined what we built. Look at there home Country'S??? See anything wrong with that picture? ha ha ha ha....
This country probably looked a lot better before you got here. Now you have to worry about the fish you eat out of the water let alone drink it. Thanks for polluting our country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pence after Carrier deal: Trump is 'a champion ... 27 min Cookie9904 29
Pizzagate vs Enabalers 10 hr natureboy 6
son murdered mother in early 90's (Oct '15) 11 hr JANDINYCO 8
CarrierChuckJones 23 hr TrumpedThePuney 1
Burger Chef murders can be solved Tue Linda Bedsore 21
Pill popping drunks get to keep their jobs. Tue natureboy 25
MoreFakeNews Tue blahblah 2

Indianapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance