First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Go Ahead And Sue

United States

#21 May 1, 2012
Nikki Meyers wrote:
The majority of what is reported here is a lie. You should all be ashamed of yourselves for you judgement and insisting on ignorance. For those of you who live in Plainfield and have felt the need to report every movement of the Martin family, I will be filing charges of stalking and harassment. You are disgusting people with obviously nothing better in life but to spread venom. I too know Corbin. His parent are greedy liars trying to get money.
Go away. You seem to be an apologist for persons convicted of battery against a toddler and appear to lack any class. Birds of a feather? She plead guilty to one count of battery in exchange for two charges dropped. The original charges were reported as being 3 felonies. According to Fox 59,she made a deal. It looks as if Irene Martin is now a felon. Hopefully,she finds herself challenged in prison.

IMHO,prison is where she belongs. And,for you to scream SUE whilst accusing the victims parents as greedy and sue happy......Tells me and everyone else reading this thread you have no class.
Nikki Meyers

Chicago, IL

#22 May 1, 2012
Plainfield wrote:
This women lives in my neighborhood and several of us feels she needs to move FAR FAR away!!! She needs to be burned just like she burned the innocent child..she needs locked up for a VERY long time..
It live in the neighborhood too. Please let us know where you live so that I can make sure that my family steers clear of your poor judgement and even worst values.
She Was Convicted

United States

#23 May 1, 2012
Nikki Meyers wrote:
<quoted text>
It live in the neighborhood too. Please let us know where you live so that I can make sure that my family steers clear of your poor judgement and even worst values.
Poor judgement? Terrible values? Again,who plead guilty and is now doing time?

You're an ignorant and spiteful individual. And your logic is flawed.
Nikki Meyers

Chicago, IL

#24 May 2, 2012
just me wrote:
everytime that the toddlers burnt body was shown on tv i cried. god help that stupid thing that did this to that innocent little guy. should she get prison time for this horrible thing that she caused, may the inmates get her good. they do and they probably will.
Which makes you wonder what type of parent immediately reacts to a child's injury by posting pictures on the internet. Better yet, if there were third degree burns what type of hospital would allow a photographer in. Even better, if the burns are as bad as the parents are claiming in their begging for money on moms like me blog (within five hours of the accident) why wasn't he taken to Wishard Burn unit? It is only the top burn and pediatric burn unit in the U.S. Or why did the paramedics admit in their deposition that they first went to St. Francis in Mooresville because the injuries weren't that serious. OR why did three national experts agree to testify that the burns were consistent with an accident and not intentional. Or why did the prosecutor get fired. Or why did Corbin's parents only respond to the court (took them months before anyone in the prosecutors office could get ahold of them) when $50,000 cashiers check was on the table? And what type of sick people claim to love children then post a picture of the house (and address) where three innocent children live? Or post their movements on a blog. I may be nuts but you people are misinformed, hysterical, hypocrites who feed into every negative stereotype attributed to women.
Nikki Meyers

Chicago, IL

#25 May 2, 2012
Big Ole Bear wrote:
<quoted text> Has this been recently? People change. Having said that,let's look at what we do know.
We have a badly burned toddler.
Her own daughter has described her mother's demeanor during the tirade.
This woman intially lied about the cause of the burns. She knows inside herself what she did was wrong. But,she didn't want to be held accountable for her actions. Nice piece of work.
In my opinion,it appears that she went off the deep end with this child. If she doesn't like the personality of said child,why continue to provide daycare for child?
If she's never treated her own children in this manner,then why would/did she choose --by her very own volition-- to harm someone else s toddler?

These actions are indicative of a despicable woman. The behavior described is sickening--the initial lie and the subsequent waiting for an hour to phone assistance. There's just no defending the indefensible. She may have been nice at one time,today,she's an alleged child torturer. And, that's what it was in my opinion.
As far as commenting,if she didn't want her life scrutinized and commented upon,she should not have done the crime. If she's been providing day care for years,it just makes what happened that much severe.
We have a blogger whose only source of information is television.
triose

Mooresville, IN

#26 May 3, 2012
Nikki Meyers wrote:
<quoted text>
Which makes you wonder what type of parent immediately reacts to a child's injury by posting pictures on the internet. Better yet, if there were third degree burns what type of hospital would allow a photographer in. Even better, if the burns are as bad as the parents are claiming in their begging for money on moms like me blog (within five hours of the accident) why wasn't he taken to Wishard Burn unit? It is only the top burn and pediatric burn unit in the U.S. Or why did the paramedics admit in their deposition that they first went to St. Francis in Mooresville because the injuries weren't that serious. OR why did three national experts agree to testify that the burns were consistent with an accident and not intentional. Or why did the prosecutor get fired. Or why did Corbin's parents only respond to the court (took them months before anyone in the prosecutors office could get ahold of them) when $50,000 cashiers check was on the table? And what type of sick people claim to love children then post a picture of the house (and address) where three innocent children live? Or post their movements on a blog. I may be nuts but you people are misinformed, hysterical, hypocrites who feed into every negative stereotype attributed to women.
With all this "evidence" you list, why did she plead guilty ??
triose

Mooresville, IN

#27 May 3, 2012
Nikki wrote "why wasn't he taken to Wishard Burn unit? It is only the top burn and pediatric burn unit in the U.S. "

Got news for you Nikki, Wishard only treats adult burn patients....Riley has a pediatric burn unit. As for being the "top pediatric burn unit in the U.S." you are wrong again. Shrines is up there.
So this begs the question of what else are you wrong about ??
Stop the gossip

Arlington Heights, IL

#28 Aug 5, 2012
I've never posted anything on a blog in my entire life, but I just have to comment on this.
Most important of all...I feel for that little boy, and pray that he has healed both physically and emotionally.
That said, I've known Irene for over 20 years and she is a good person. She's hard working, thoughtful, kind and loves her children. She made a horrible mistake that day, and then made it even worse by lying...not because she is a monster, but because she just panicked. She regrets everything about that day, and absolutely has empathy for that boy and his family. In a moment of truth, can all of you say with certainty that you would do the right thing? MUCH easier said than done!
Please remember that that the lives of 2 families were changed forever that day. If you don't know all of the facts about what happened, and the people involved, please stop acting like you do.
Jay dunn

Spring, TX

#29 Oct 28, 2012
Kristi wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth did come out. She plead GUILTY. The burn marks didn't lie. Irene DID. That was an attempt to save her own ass. She plead guilty because she knew the EVIDENCE was going to bury her sorry butt! The rest of us could SEE the obvious truth. Just because you (THINK you) know someone doesn't make them innocent. You were dead WRONG! That woman IS a baby burning monster! You're just lucky it wasn't your child she disfigured for LIFE!
I wrote thAt two years ago when this first came out. Yes the truth did come out and we are eternally grateful our child was not there that dAy. I stand by my words of that day that I would not convict anyone based upon what I had seen at that point. I did not know what the sequence of events truly were at that point and only Irene did. I am glad you feel better about telling someone how wrong they are or were. If it were my child they would have to lock one of us up to prevent me from going nuts on her. She is guilty, she said it and she got off too lightly. I hope Corbin is doing well and I hope her kids will be OK. It is amazing that there is not more on the web besides the initial conflagration of October, 2010. I mourn for the whole situation.
Ktis

Piedmont, SC

#30 Nov 1, 2012
Different View wrote:
I know Irene Martin. She watched one of my children for almost two years. I always felt safe with her watching my child. I am upset about this as I know this little boy as well. I hope he will recover fully. However, she is not a monster. Her entire family is wonderful and was always kind to me and mine. I credit her greatly with the development of my child into the well adjusted person we see now. She did pay taxes on her income and she earned every penny. Go ahead and scrutinize. The truth will be what it is. I don't know what happened in that house, I am saddened and shocked but you people don't know what you are talking about. It is easy to pass judgement and maybe she deserves punishment, but let's let justice take it course and not go spouting off at the mouth about someone you don't know.
I'd like to know how stupid you feel now. She ADMITTED GUILT!(April 2012) We DID know what we were talking about! The evidence didn't lie. Your lying to save her own ass babysitter did!
Mr Satire

Matthews, IN

#31 Nov 1, 2012
Nikki Meyers wrote:
<quoted text>
And in other news.....Nikki has started a fan club for Jerry Sandusky.
The Idiocracy

Matthews, IN

#32 Nov 1, 2012
Ktis wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to know how stupid you feel now. She ADMITTED GUILT!(April 2012) We DID know what we were talking about! The evidence didn't lie. Your lying to save her own ass babysitter did!
You're right,they should feel stupid. Really stupid. My bet is acknowledging their stupidity is probably beyond their reach.
Kel Heatherton

Redlands, CA

#33 Jan 12, 2013
Nikki Meyers, How dare you attack the victims who suffered so much because someone they trusted abused their precious child.

The police reports and the hospital photos don't lie. Irene's confession that she snapped, as well as her own daughter's eyewitness of her rage toward Corbin is more than enough evidence of her abuse. But let's throw in her lies about what happened, too, as she tried to evade persecution and acceptance of fault.

Putting everything together creates a picture that is unmistakable, and that monster should never be allowed to be near another child for the rest of her life.

But please keep coming back here to post your blatantly biased and disgusting comments, Nikki, and put it up to the majority to see if they agree with you.
Kel Heatherton

Redlands, CA

#34 Jan 12, 2013
Stop the Gossip... Your question is as to whether any of us would do the right thing given the circumstances and acknowledge our fault.

But you're missing the point! The point is we would never harm a child to begin with, you ignoramus!!!!
Greedy liar

Plainfield, IN

#35 Jan 15, 2013
Nikki Meyers wrote:
The majority of what is reported here is a lie. You should all be ashamed of yourselves for you judgement and insisting on ignorance. For those of you who live in Plainfield and have felt the need to report every movement of the Martin family, I will be filing charges of stalking and harassment. You are disgusting people with obviously nothing better in life but to spread venom. I too know Corbin. His parent are greedy liars trying to get money.
Tryin to get money? Really? It's called doctor bills. Future surgeries are probably going to be required. Last I check to we didn't sue her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Section 8 is gereat for minorities 1 hr Blackology 1
brandy stacy love is a drug junkie slut kid abu... 1 hr Leroy Brown 4
Jim Irsay DUI arrest video is released 5 hr BEARS FAN 1
Marriage Legal in Indiana 5 hr Chuckie 36
Fat chix 5 hr Chuckie 9
Why do most Blacks hate Whites? (Jul '13) 5 hr Go Blue Forever 293
Eubola is like school!!! Sat Dave 5
Indianapolis Dating
Find my Match

Indianapolis Jobs