Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

Judged:

She is a monster who should have her own children taken away from her. She has scarred a 2 yr. old child for wetting/soiling his pants. She is a dangerous individual. I hope she gets at least 30 years in jail.
It Needs To Happen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

Judged:

I just recently became aware of this,you're right,she's a nasty and spiteful POS, if these charges are true (most likely the charges are true). I've got a couple of questions:

The woman has obviously lied,she knew what she did. Her children should be in the custody of Hendricks County CPS. If not,why not?

Has this woman been paying taxes on her income? I hope they go thru her and the husbands taxes with a fine toothed comb.

I hope every detail of her life history is scrutinized to the nth degree.

Her husband should dump her. How can any man continue to live with such a horrible person? She should be ostracized by the entire community. If her husband stands with her,then he too,should be treated as a pariah.

Hopefully,this "care-provider"will receive a lengthy sentence and consequently,her fellow inmates provide her with some of their very own "loving care".

May hardship and survival become her next companions.
Different View

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

Judged:

I know Irene Martin. She watched one of my children for almost two years. I always felt safe with her watching my child. I am upset about this as I know this little boy as well. I hope he will recover fully. However, she is not a monster. Her entire family is wonderful and was always kind to me and mine. I credit her greatly with the development of my child into the well adjusted person we see now. She did pay taxes on her income and she earned every penny. Go ahead and scrutinize. The truth will be what it is. I don't know what happened in that house, I am saddened and shocked but you people don't know what you are talking about. It is easy to pass judgement and maybe she deserves punishment, but let's let justice take it course and not go spouting off at the mouth about someone you don't know.
Big Ole Bear

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

Judged:

Different View wrote:
I know Irene Martin. She watched one of my children for almost two years. I always felt safe with her watching my child.
Has this been recently? People change. Having said that,let's look at what we do know.

We have a badly burned toddler.

Her own daughter has described her mother's demeanor during the tirade.

This woman intially lied about the cause of the burns. She knows inside herself what she did was wrong. But,she didn't want to be held accountable for her actions. Nice piece of work.

In my opinion,it appears that she went off the deep end with this child. If she doesn't like the personality of said child,why continue to provide daycare for child?

If she's never treated her own children in this manner,then why would/did she choose --by her very own volition-- to harm someone else s toddler?

These actions are indicative of a despicable woman. The behavior described is sickening--the initial lie and the subsequent waiting for an hour to phone assistance. There's just no defending the indefensible. She may have been nice at one time,today,she's an alleged child torturer. And, that's what it was in my opinion.

As far as commenting,if she didn't want her life scrutinized and commented upon,she should not have done the crime. If she's been providing day care for years,it just makes what happened that much severe.
four eyes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

Judged:

Jesus said if anyone hurts one of my children then put a chain around their neck and cast them into the sea.
unbelievable

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

Different View wrote:
I know Irene Martin. She watched one of my children for almost two years. I always felt safe with her watching my child. I am upset about this as I know this little boy as well. I hope he will recover fully. However, she is not a monster. Her entire family is wonderful and was always kind to me and mine. I credit her greatly with the development of my child into the well adjusted person we see now. She did pay taxes on her income and she earned every penny. Go ahead and scrutinize. The truth will be what it is. I don't know what happened in that house, I am saddened and shocked but you people don't know what you are talking about. It is easy to pass judgement and maybe she deserves punishment, but let's let justice take it course and not go spouting off at the mouth about someone you don't know.
So, if this woman were to walk, are you telling me you would leave your kids with her? No, you would not. Who would leave a child in the sink? She didn't leave him in the sink...she was there the whole time and SHE scalded hom with hot water. most babysitters do not babysit because they LOVE the kids. Some truly do, but some do it for the money only. Hard telling what she has done to her own child throughtout the years. I know a lot of people, too, but I don't know everything about them. This woman is a monster and she CHOSE to punish this little boy by place him in scalding water! Bottom line! If you think she is so great then I don't doubt that you are just as scummy as she is!
Nothing To Defend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

Some more thoughts on this..

Obviously,she committed her violent tirade in front of (at the very least)her own child,that's not good.

Another thing,the amount of time it would have taken to commit the SERIES of actions that would result in the injuries sustained by the child.

Grab the child and carry him to the garage,perhaps 30-45 sec.

Remove the clothing from said child,15-20 sec.

Place child in tub,10 sec.

Turn the water on etc,etc.

Not once,in the time frame given in my example, did she attempt to stop and think to herself,WTF????

Then,compound those actions with the fact that she then WAITED to call for medical assistance. In her advert,she claims to be a licensed teacher. Well,if that's the case,you've also lost the right to play stupid.

Oh,and for the final act of selfishness,she chose (by her own volition) to lie to the police about the events of that day.

I hope she receives the maximum sentence.
Plainfield

Brownsburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2010

Judged:

This women lives in my neighborhood and several of us feels she needs to move FAR FAR away!!! She needs to be burned just like she burned the innocent child..she needs locked up for a VERY long time..
Moo Moo

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2010

Judged:

This woman only had a facade of being nice for her clients.(parents) This is a case that one can find no sympathy for the abuser. Nothing so wrong in this womans life warranted the torture she placed on this child. Has she ever witnessed a burn patient scream an hour after injury? They are screams like no other. Yes I know this first hand! Through the expertise of Community Hospital East my brother healed with minimal scarring! The agony for a sister in charge not being able to locate her mother and hearing for over an hour blood curdling screams because no one could treat him until the guardian arrived. How long was this child in agony? I'm so disturbed by so many female adults committing henoise crimes! Is society ready to implode because I only see the abuse of our children getting worse!
homedaycare provider sad

London, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2010

I've been reading all the comments and when I first saw this "news" I bawled my eyes out. I am a home provider in london ontario canada and would NEVER do anything like this. I believe she chose this punishment for the child as she was angry and didn't realize how hot the water would be or that the pain she was inflicting would be that severe (no excuse) just saying that she didnb't know she wouldn't get away with her punishment, I do not think anyone could just snap form stress or what have you and do this... for one it takes a bit longer than a snap second to burn someone.. plus she has lied about it and obviously put him in cold water to try to "fix it".
I read the comment from the lady that had her child in care and although I think it is very courageous of you to write this and I am sooo happy your child is safe but people can act different... with my families what you see is what you get BUT I know that's not the acse for everyone. Burning a child is torture and there is nooo way that she did not know the water was scolding hot in ANY of the stories she is telling.
Her is my opinion and what upsets me about this whole thing, I have been searching online everywhere in search if a site that talks about this poor little boy!!! Everywhere I see people callign her every name possible (which she deserves) but nothing about this little boy, his family, how he is recovering, where I can donate money if they need it for his medical bills...
This is really about the little boy and what can WE do for HIM... I could not imagine the pain he and his parents are in right now... my son used to get yeast infections(so we thought until we found out he had a diaper allergy) and he is 3 now and doesn't like anyone coming near his penis because he still remembers the pain from his infections (which we were doing everything right to prevent) This little boy may not be able to have children as his groin was burned, he will be scarred if not worse, and my fear here is what if he gets an infection from this?? he could die from a person going beyond rage and torturing him... This poor little boy will NEVER be the same from this experience and I think our focus should be on positive ways to help him... He is only a child and peeing himself (if that's what it was because wipes work wonders on pee)is part of training and learning... This lady is all of the names you say as in my opinion there is NO way this could be accidental... I am far far awya but for those of you who are closer what can we do for this little boy??
Just wondering

Plainfield, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2010

I was just wondering if anyone knows when her court date is? I actually knew her when I was younger, an although she seemed nice, it really does not matter. All that matters is due to her neglect or actions she caused this poor little boy and his family unspeakable pain and scars. Scars that will be left for the rest of his life. I can't even imagine how hard it will be to potty train this poor sweet little boy now. I can't even imagine the emotional scars that her actions have left on this poor family. This is also got to be difficult for Irene's daughter she will always know and remember what her mommy did and that she had to tell on her. I do not judge I leave that up to God. I do however think that Irene should be made to volunteer with supervision at a burn unit so she can be reminded and see the impact her neglect caused by witnessing the painful recovery and impact it has on families.
just me

Hanover Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2010

Judged:

everytime that the toddlers burnt body was shown on tv i cried. god help that stupid thing that did this to that innocent little guy. should she get prison time for this horrible thing that she caused, may the inmates get her good. they do and they probably will.
Mary

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2010

Judged:

Please Jesus, come soon.
Life is normal for Irene

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Judged:

I have seen Irene Martin out a couple of times taking her children to activities at a rec center in town. Most recently last night she was there with her 2 older girls and an infant in a stroller. Life for Irene does not seem to have changed much!

I too would like an update on this little boy and to find out how we can help him and his family through this difficult time.
Close to injured toddler

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

Judged:

I am close to the family and little boy. The child Corbin is still recovering at Riley Children's Hospital and a release date for when the child will get to go home has not been given. Do to the parents requesting privacy for the child and their family that is all the info I am to give at this time. There has been a donation set up at Chase bank to help the family with the toddlers medical bills. The donation is called Corbin Keith Hutchinson Donation Trust. Checks made out to Corbin Keith Hutchinson Donation Trust can also be mailed to the family's PO Box at P.O.Box 692 Mooresville IN. 46158
Kristi

Anderson, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2012

Judged:

Different View wrote:
The truth did come out. She plead GUILTY. The burn marks didn't lie. Irene DID. That was an attempt to save her own ass. She plead guilty because she knew the EVIDENCE was going to bury her sorry butt! The rest of us could SEE the obvious truth. Just because you (THINK you) know someone doesn't make them innocent. You were dead WRONG! That woman IS a baby burning monster! You're just lucky it wasn't your child she disfigured for LIFE!
lost on this planet

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2012

Judged:

IRENE A MARTIN
DOC Number 216479
First Name IRENE
Middle Name A
Last Name MARTIN
Suffix
Date of Birth 04/13/1973
Gender Female
Race White
Facility/Location Rockville Correctional Facility
Earliest Possible Release Date *
*Offenders scheduled for release on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday are released on Monday. Offenders scheduled for release on a Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday are released on Thursday. Offenders whose release date falls on a Holiday are released on the first working day prior to the Holiday.
10/22/2013
Nikki Meyers

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2012

Judged:

Kristi wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth did come out. She plead GUILTY. The burn marks didn't lie. Irene DID. That was an attempt to save her own ass. She plead guilty because she knew the EVIDENCE was going to bury her sorry butt! The rest of us could SEE the obvious truth. Just because you (THINK you) know someone doesn't make them innocent. You were dead WRONG! That woman IS a baby burning monster! You're just lucky it wasn't your child she disfigured for LIFE!
THIS IS LIE. CORBIN WAS RELEASED AFTER THREE DAYS.
Nikki Meyers

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2012

Judged:

The majority of what is reported here is a lie. You should all be ashamed of yourselves for you judgement and insisting on ignorance. For those of you who live in Plainfield and have felt the need to report every movement of the Martin family, I will be filing charges of stalking and harassment. You are disgusting people with obviously nothing better in life but to spread venom. I too know Corbin. His parent are greedy liars trying to get money.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Indianapolis Forum right now

Search the Indianapolis Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel wants all of the middle east now 1 hr Tommy 5
Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) 3 hr lmfao 89
Carmel doctors arrested for pushing prescriptio... 3 hr LowDownDirty 2
Greg Zoeller and Indianapolis Colts fight presc... 6 hr local landlord 1
Let's wager on Black Expo violence 7 hr Disdude 2
Beth hubartt 20 hr Lol 1
I Still Love You!! 22 hr LowDownDirty 7
•••
•••