Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Hi.

My Pain Clinic Dr. retired this past summer and I am looking for a new Dr. to take over my care. Could be a Pain Dr. or PCP (Primary Care Physician).

I work full-time. I feel as long as I can work I should as I do not want to take advantage of the disability system. I use a cane to get around and the chronic pain issues are:
Oesteopenia in Hips
40 Degree Curvature of Spine
Degenerative Disc Disease
Bulges L-3, L-4
Anterolisthesis L5 on S1

In addition, I have migraines, a blood disorder and have had a full hysterectomy, so I am going through menopause and my symptoms are horrible - restless legs, night sweats, muscle spasms in my legs and back.

I have had acupuncture, cupping therapy, physical therapy (I continue this at home), tens unit, and injections.

Thank you for any suggestions you might have for me.
Yoga

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Ralph

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

ChronicPainInIndy wrote:
Hi.

My Pain Clinic Dr. retired this past summer and I am looking for a new Dr. to take over my care. Could be a Pain Dr. or PCP (Primary Care Physician).

I work full-time. I feel as long as I can work I should as I do not want to take advantage of the disability system. I use a cane to get around and the chronic pain issues are:
Oesteopenia in Hips
Bulges L-3, L-4
Anterolisthesis L5 on S1

In addition, I have migraines, a blood disorder and have had a full hysterectomy, so I am going through menopause and my symptoms are horrible - restless legs, night sweats, muscle spasms in my legs and back.

I have had acupuncture, cupping therapy, physical therapy (I continue this at home), tens unit, and injections.

1-3 should not cause pain a back brace and boneva should be sufficient. You should report the dr that retired to the AMA for not giving you a referral terrible to leave you in a bind like that. My wife just completed back surgey the drs do not give much pain medication anymore because success with surgery is better. Call AMA for referral you won't find a good dr here maybe a street pharmacist.

Since: Jan 13

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Yoga wrote:
http://youtu.be/qX9FSZJu448
That is amazing. Thanks for sharing!
crick in the neck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

ChronicPainInIndy wrote:
Hi.

Oesteopenia in Hips
Bulges L-3, L-4
Anterolisthesis L5 on S1

I see Dr. Stephen Levine at Midwest Pain & Spine. He is on the states board of research for spine surgery methodology and he is also on the national board of directors of anesthesiology. I had an accident when I was 14 that injured my L3 L4 discs and have been fighting it for 13 years, nearly 1/2 of my life. After many of doctors, meds, shots... He did 2 microscopic procedures that has me feeling better than ever! I believe this man is a pain and spine genius! Tell him Robert Rigsby sent you. I don't get anything for a referral but I've come to know him well.

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

crick in the neck wrote:
<quoted text>
I see Dr. Stephen Levine at Midwest Pain & Spine. He is on the states board of research for spine surgery methodology and he is also on the national board of directors of anesthesiology. I had an accident when I was 14 that injured my L3 L4 discs and have been fighting it for 13 years, nearly 1/2 of my life. After many of doctors, meds, shots... He did 2 microscopic procedures that has me feeling better than ever! I believe this man is a pain and spine genius! Tell him Robert Rigsby sent you. I don't get anything for a referral but I've come to know him well.
Thank you! I am willing to try anything because living with chronic pain is miserable.

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>
1-3 should not cause pain a back brace and boneva should be sufficient. You should report the dr that retired to the AMA for not giving you a referral terrible to leave you in a bind like that. My wife just completed back surgey the drs do not give much pain medication anymore because success with surgery is better. Call AMA for referral you won't find a good dr here maybe a street pharmacist.
I have tried Boniva and it made me very sick. I had a brace when I was young - from about 11 years of age to 14. Most important part of my life and I was teased and made fun of because I had to wear a back brace for 23 hours a day.

I'm not necessarily looking for pain medications. I take them but I am willing to try other options.
Not

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Sure
Windows

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Right. I'm sure you like the pain medication. Most people like you do. Willing to other options? Go a few days and break your addiction, maybe you're all better and don't even realize it.
ChronicPainInIndy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have tried Boniva and it made me very sick. I had a brace when I was young - from about 11 years of age to 14. Most important part of my life and I was teased and made fun of because I had to wear a back brace for 23 hours a day.
I'm not necessarily looking for pain medications. I take them but I am willing to try other options.
curious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Windows wrote:
<quoted text>Right. I'm sure you like the pain medication. Most people like you do. Willing to other options? Go a few days and break your addiction, maybe you're all better and don't even realize it.
Seriously? Not everyone is a pill junky! What a douche rocket!
You Betcha

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

You're right. Not everyone is a pill junky. I'm not. But when people talk about this and that making them sick and being allergic to this and that then it's pretty much a given, they like hydrocodone, vicoden. The doctor's are getting wiser to this everyday and i'm happy for that.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? Not everyone is a pill junky! What a douche rocket!
WhoseesThIs

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously? Not everyone is a pill junky! What a douche rocket!
More often than not though these 'pain' addicts LOVE their drugs! EVERYDAY IS A CRISIS!
curious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

WhoseesThIs wrote:
<quoted text>More often than not though these 'pain' addicts LOVE their drugs! EVERYDAY IS A CRISIS!
Trust me, I know. My aunt is that way. I'm on hydrocodone from a back surgery and my aunt calls almost every other day wanting a could pills. I don't know why she calls, I never give her any. I used to be on 4x 10/325 then I had the surgery and went to 3 a day and then to 2 and now I just take an ibuprofen in the morning and at night. I never developed an addiction. Never really made me feel "good". Prior to surgery they wanted to throw pain meds at me. I tried chiropractors and physical therapy with no results. Just glad I didn't get addicted.
ugh pain

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

ChronicPainInIndy wrote:
Hi.

Oesteopenia in Hips
Bulges L-3, L-4
Anterolisthesis L5 on S1

I know all to much about pain! After 18 leg surgeries, metal bars up my legs and bones fused and my bones just keep rotting away. Sad that I'm only 36 but you have to make a choice and keep walking and going even when they say you can't. I do see an amazing Doctor in Carmel named Dr. Bush. I do shots every month to shut down nerves and creams to lessen sensitivity on the outside ( works amazing) like a lotion but no pain medicine is in it. They also have a shot in Ky with rooster claw and that works much better than cortisone. Anyway she works wonders on back and legs and feet they have a few doctors in there. I know the feeling and I wish you tons of luck! Take care
ignorance

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Some people just have no clue what its like to be in pain so bad that you are in tears after work every day. Get a life. Just because yourself or people you know abuse medications doesn't mean everyone else does. Some of us have real medical issues that cause pain that tylenol or anti-inflammatory doesn't help. I hope one day you have to deal with it and get treated like a junkie.
ignorance

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>
1-3 doesn't cause pain? Are you serious? Id like to know where you got your medical degree buddy.
Parker

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

crick in the neck wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not know the L3,L4 would cause a crick in the neck.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeff punky Combs at it again 3 hr Brenda 6
Courts tell Indiana to honor gay marriages from... 14 hr who cares 4
officer Wilson 14 hr Simon 2
They riot with no facts or evidence 14 hr Simon 9
My new jeep Wed Rogains 5
Landlord registration in Indianapolis: Section ... Wed Rogains 5
Larue Carter right to work fired 50 good staff Wed Tom Thumb 3

Search the Indianapolis Forum:
•••
•••