Bill would cut sheriffs' extra income

A bill to curb the pay of Indiana sheriffs, which totaled more than $342,000 for Marion County's sheriff last year, advanced in the Statehouse today. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jesse

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Feb 20, 2008
This is a step in the right direction. In Marion County we just need at ax (not ask) Frank.
sterotyper

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Feb 20, 2008
342,000 for Sheriff Anderson? That kind of money for someone we never saw or heard from for a year?

aThe citizens got fleeced and he will continue to collect for doing nothing.

Folks, that is more the the President of the US of A makes.
Curb spending

Erlanger, KY

#3 Feb 20, 2008
Marion County Sheriff is over paid liberal just like Carson was. If he was a white republican making that kind of money they would screem racism...
William

Montgomery, AL

#4 Feb 20, 2008
Wow, I did not know this kind of thing went on in this day and age. The Sheriff of Nottingham jumps to mind, keeping his portion of the tax till for his hard work. And then for the Sheriffs Associtation to say it is an incentive to collect the undo paid taxes? Here is an incentive... how about "DOING YOUR JOB!!".
William

Montgomery, AL

#5 Feb 20, 2008
What next? I didn't arrest the guy because I didn't have any incentive? I didn't leave my office because I didn't have any incentive?

What happens when the criminals start giving the Sheriffs more incentive NOT to arrest them? Isn't that liken to extortion? Or seeing that bad cop on TV taking bribes from thugs and stealing money from street hustlers? Asinine!
Whosure

United States

#6 Feb 20, 2008
About time! Everyone should have a salary -- and that is IT!

Let's see how this gets screwed up by the people who are supposed to represent us.
Do your homework

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Feb 20, 2008
Curb spending wrote:
Marion County Sheriff is over paid liberal just like Carson was. If he was a white republican making that kind of money they would screem racism...
This incentive pay has been around for many years. This has nothing to do with Frank. He just collected like all the other before him.
herbal t

San Francisco, CA

#8 Feb 20, 2008
now now, he did make that witty comment about tracking down the Hovey street Aholes "like dogs."

that was kind of sweet ;)
Paul

Phoenix, AZ

#9 Feb 20, 2008
And Indiana moves closer to the 21st centurt.
Ol Southsider

Bellevue, WA

#10 Feb 20, 2008
Paul wrote:
And Indiana moves closer to the 21st centurt.
With about 40 or so years to go....
Why 2011

United States

#11 Feb 20, 2008
Why do we have to wait intil 2011 if it gets passed? That is 3 years away. The city of Indianapolis needs that money now, it could help cut property taxes.

Since: Jun 07

United States

#12 Feb 20, 2008
Frank,

Looks like are F'd! Lost your dept and now your FAT CAT BLOATED SALARY!
John

Scottsdale, AZ

#13 Feb 20, 2008
Of course the sheriff's income should be cut. I could come to Indiana tomorrow and find 100 people that would do the job for $75K. And these would be competent people. Why give some guy a license to steal?
esbinsd

San Francisco, CA

#14 Feb 20, 2008
Good Lord, what has my home state come to??
american retired military

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Feb 20, 2008
white sheriffs in the past always got the extra money. jealous white folks shame on you.
Alonzo Scott

Pryor, OK

#16 Feb 20, 2008
sterotyper wrote:
342,000 for Sheriff Anderson? That kind of money for someone we never saw or heard from for a year?
aThe citizens got fleeced and he will continue to collect for doing nothing.
Folks, that is more the the President of the US of A makes.
Most people don't realize that is just ONE bonus. He still gets a substanial salary, plus the other legal bonuses, plus the perks, plus control of the Commissary Trust Fund which is in the millions. This is not even mentioning any of the possible illegal kickbacks from vendors and service providers.

Jack Cottey is still using all the tentacles of corruption he has on Marion Co. politics.

Anderson is like a Mother Theresa compared to Cottey, but he likes his money.
Alonzo Scott

Pryor, OK

#17 Feb 20, 2008
Curb spending wrote:
You must be uninformed. Cottey was a republican and White, and made just as much legally, and a lot more under the table. People just said "oh shucks".

Cottey is now a vendor for the jail system and is still sucking the county dry through his cronies like Brian Barton and Lincoln Plowman.
Drunk Jack Cottey Club

Pryor, OK

#18 Feb 20, 2008
Me and my buddies drink to the dummys of Marion County everday. Have a drink and shut up!
Juanita

Pryor, OK

#19 Feb 20, 2008
american retired military wrote:
white sheriffs in the past always got the extra money. jealous white folks shame on you.
There is just a bunch of racist here. Don't like no black man making some change. Don't like no black man running things and giving orders to punk acted white boys.

Frank runs the jail from office. The black men turn the white prisoners in to jail punks and ruin them for their white women folk.
Former Red hot Republican

Palatine, IL

#20 Feb 20, 2008
It's about time!!! Pass the legislation or face the wrath of the people. This is absolutely ridiculous that the sheriff of any county in Indiana could make this kind of money by ripping it out of the pockets of taxpayers! Anderson should be ashamed! His term is coming to an end, thank god.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do most Blacks hate Whites? (Jul '13) 52 min Learn to Read 346
Police: Schools on lockdown after shots fired n... 1 hr Chuckie 5
Pence names new Homeland Security director 1 hr Ace McMillan 5
Private 1 hr Bob 3
jack cottey deceased 5 hr Michael 32
Motorcycle club 8 hr Indy Biker 1
I'm so glad I'm white 10 hr AJOHNSON_ECMLLC 8

Freeze Warning for Marion County was issued at October 31 at 9:54AM EDT

Indianapolis Dating
Find my Match