Indiana group pushes for repeal of pr...

Indiana group pushes for repeal of protections for smokers

There are 11 comments on the WTHR-TV Indianapolis story from Jan 7, 2018, titled Indiana group pushes for repeal of protections for smokers. In it, WTHR-TV Indianapolis reports that:

A group of Indiana health and business organizations are pushing for a repeal of some legal protections given to smokers. The Indianapolis Business Journal reports that the Alliance for a Healthier Indiana wants to get rid of state law that bans employers from screening job candidates for tobacco use.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTHR-TV Indianapolis.

TrueStories

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Jan 7, 2018
Thank GOD! Hiring a smoker is the worst thing a company can do. The cost of health insurance rises for everyone and productivity takes a huge hit. Not to mention they stink. This includes electric smoking machines. No more smoking OBAMA voters!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
DAT

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Jan 8, 2018
TrueStories wrote:
Thank GOD! Hiring a smoker is the worst thing a company can do. The cost of health insurance rises for everyone and productivity takes a huge hit. Not to mention they stink. This includes electric smoking machines. No more smoking OBAMA voters!
So, companies are going to start telling people what LEGAL activities they can do when they are NOT on the clock? That sounds like a bad idea to me. Your comment has a couple of issue with it by the way... there are lots of things that drive up health insurance, not just smoking. As for productivity, I assume you mean people taking a smoke break. Nothing stops a company from forbidding this during company time but even at home? What's next obesity and sugar? No more eating cookies when your at home!!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NoMoreObama

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Jan 8, 2018
Sick of Obama and his band of merry smokers!!! Go home Obama lover!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NoMoreObama

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Jan 8, 2018
Obama lovers are all for heavy government until it tells them they can’t smoke their cancer sticks.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rumrunner

Blytheville, AR

#5 Jan 8, 2018
There is something sinister with this. Companies telling what you can do when your off. Dangerous very dangerous. That is why I am not a Democrat no more.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NoMoreObama

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Jan 8, 2018
It’s only the Democrap Obama lovers wanting to smoke where they can. Should be tested for cigarettes before the leg spreading Mom can draw food stamps.

You can’t afford kids CLOSE YOUR LEGS
Oh Come On

United States

#7 Jan 8, 2018
What in the actual F does any of this have to do with Obama? Obama is long gone. Do you realize that most people who voted Obama also voted for Trump? This is stupid! On so many levels!

Not to mention the complete stupidity of your antismoking beliefs. Which, by the way, are the same exact beliefs held by ISIS and by the original Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler. And are mostly held by people of that type.

Almost everybody with those kinds of beliefs has something wrong with them mentally or psychologically. I can explain it in detail if asked (or "challenged").

But I am not even going into that right now. Just wtf does Obama have to do with ANYTHING? Couldn't you have at least make it about Hillary or something? At least not be a complete total moron, only a regular moron instead?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Say What

Anderson, IN

#8 Jan 9, 2018
Just out of curiosity, what other legal product or activity is prohibited when no on the clock?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NoMoreObama

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Jan 9, 2018
Obama used to sneak out back of the White House for a smoke. He loves the cigs and the ganja.

Just another butthurt liberal snowflake that wants to smoke wherever the want boo hoo poor little snowflake can’t be nasty.
mental health

Winnipeg, Canada

#10 Jan 9, 2018
There has long been suspicion that smoking leads to poor mental health. Based on replies from these chimney/addicts, I'd say yer darn tootin
NoMoreObama

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Jan 9, 2018
Obama supporters. They will never make sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Is A Wimp. 4 hr nono 6
No show socks are the worst 13 hr Religions R Cults 3
Irvington Chicken Hoarder Thu God 6
Brian Bosma POS! Thu lol 4
Joe Donnelly Thu nono 8
America Was Perfect Wed True 4
Melania and Dennis Hof Wed FactFinder 1

Indianapolis Jobs

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages