Ballard announces 7 key appointments

Ballard announces 7 key appointments

There are 135 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Dec 28, 2007, titled Ballard announces 7 key appointments. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Mayor-elect Greg Ballard today announced seven key appointments to his inner circle, including community leader Olgen Williams as a deputy mayor and former state official Paul Okeson as his chief of staff.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Seems like

Fishers, IN

#131 Dec 28, 2007
It is sad that this dialogue involves a bunch of ignorant, egocentric peolpe that laber indivudals by tehir race or color.

Immigration. Isn't this a federal issue? This is a passive aggressive society which offers jobs to needy hard workers and yet isolates them in the system. The day that employers stop hiring undcumented people things will change... if there is really a desire for change. It seems that it is pretty convenient for many to pay cheap the firty job that no one will do. But no one seems to make up their mind. Sadly, it is a love hate relationship.
John Q wrote:
Mr. Ballard has a chance to fail and by keeping the so called Latino Affairs program going..He is already on track to do just that. This is an ILLEGAL ALIEN support program and WE the taxpayers are getting the School bills, the Wishard bills, the Jail bills, on and on cheap labor and special interest will not cut our property tax bills. Close that Mexican Consulte and all the problems that come with it. Mr. Ballard I'm not impressed so far...your be played.
Check out www.Noillegals.com and rethink it!.
GIF stinks

Carmel, IN

#132 Dec 28, 2007
Government is Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Get over yourself loser. Nobody asked if you care.
You see... THAAAAT is one of the opinions nobody cares about. Weasel.
Taxed to the Max

AOL

#133 Dec 28, 2007
Switching gears here--these seeem like decent appointments; some are mainstream and some are not. Probably a clinker or two but let's give the man a chance. He hasn't event taken office yet.
South Bend jealousy

Granger, IN

#134 Dec 28, 2007
Taxed to the Max wrote:
Switching gears here--these seeem like decent appointments; some are mainstream and some are not. Probably a clinker or two but let's give the man a chance. He hasn't event taken office yet.
That is great idea, maybe the fresh ideas will work. Why are so many people here so stuck on the outgoing being great. From the north, sure seems like your voters thought the outgoing mayor and his staff were not doing the job. Must be nice to be able to vote for a change if the elected official is only taking care of his own.

LLw

“divided we fail”

Since: Dec 07

Indianapolis, IN

#135 Dec 29, 2007
SOS wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep thinking illegal immigration is not a problem. It is always a good thing to import millions of illiterate and semi-literate, uneducated, low-wage workers. We always need more low-wage workers, don't we. It is not a scare tactic, it is reality.
Don't tell me how to keep thinking. You never provided a counter-argument. Why is immigration wrong? in this CAPITALISTIC society, the free market should dictate whether or not it is good to have these low wage workers. Therefore, if there were no place in the market, they would no be here. and don't bring up illiteracy. Americans are the only citizens that speak one language. I'd suggest you pick up a "how to speak spanish" CD and listen to it in the next 5 to 10 years. You'll need it.

Since: Oct 07

indy

#136 Dec 29, 2007
LLw wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tell me how to keep thinking. You never provided a counter-argument. Why is immigration wrong? in this CAPITALISTIC society, the free market should dictate whether or not it is good to have these low wage workers. Therefore, if there were no place in the market, they would no be here. and don't bring up illiteracy. Americans are the only citizens that speak one language. I'd suggest you pick up a "how to speak spanish" CD and listen to it in the next 5 to 10 years. You'll need it.
Im not going to learn to speak spanish ! im going to fight so i don't see my city trun into another L.A.!

LLw

“divided we fail”

Since: Dec 07

Indianapolis, IN

#137 Dec 29, 2007
bigbluecolt wrote:
<quoted text>Im not going to learn to speak spanish ! im going to fight so i don't see my city trun into another L.A.!
Fight all you want, guess what, Hispanic people are not going away.(by the way, not every Hispanic here is here illegally). However, All the people that are here illegally are having children, and guess what, those children are now here LEGALLY because they are born in America. So you can try to ignore what is going on and pretend the good ol days will come back. Or you can be smart, learn to accept and learn the culture to be prosperous in the changing landscape. Because in the future, those that are bilingual will be the most profitable. Those that only speak one language will be left behind.

Since: Oct 07

indy

#138 Dec 29, 2007
And they will be DEPORTED ALONG WITH THERE ANCHOR BRATS !

Since: Apr 07

Columbus, OH

#139 Dec 29, 2007
Stupid You wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a shame that the English came over here illegally, killed the Native Americans and stole their land.
Repeating your mantra from mexica-movement.org ?

This racist organization is one of the biggest problems the U.S.A. has,but you like em don't ya.

Columbus, OH

#140 Dec 29, 2007
LLw wrote:
<quoted text>
Fight all you want, guess what, Hispanic people are not going away.(by the way, not every Hispanic here is here illegally). However, All the people that are here illegally are having children, and guess what, those children are now here LEGALLY because they are born in America. So you can try to ignore what is going on and pretend the good ol days will come back. Or you can be smart, learn to accept and learn the culture to be prosperous in the changing landscape. Because in the future, those that are bilingual will be the most profitable. Those that only speak one language will be left behind.
ANd you believe in Aztlan too don't you.

Columbus, OH

#141 Dec 29, 2007
Hoosiers take notice.

This invasion has been going on for quite a while.

Do your research.

Check youtube for aztlan,mexica movement,reconquista.

Those few folks you see at state and washington,why can't they walk 1/2 block west to the labor center?
Could it be because they are illegal?
Or do they like being paid cash?

Are they here to work?
That's what they said in the southwest too,until there were enough to take over.

Do your research,you decide.

Columbus, OH

#142 Dec 29, 2007
bigbluecolt wrote:
<quoted text>Im not going to learn to speak spanish ! im going to fight so i don't see my city trun into another L.A.!
I was thinking of learning chinese.

If we're going global,learning the language of uneducated poor people doesn't seem to be the future.

Since I already speak english and german,I think my third is a good choice. How about you?.
amigui

Miami, FL

#143 Dec 30, 2007
Blessings to all Mayor's team.Proud to be represented by a Great Hispanic like You Congrats Carolyn!!!!!!!
Y049UTG

San Francisco, CA

#144 Jan 3, 2008
T6F
Eat Crow

West Lafayette, IN

#145 Feb 28, 2014
Great Moves wrote:
Sounds good to me-glad he won and this is a turning tide to keep Indy from becoming the next Detriot.

Buyer's remorse?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Symmetry Medical's stock falls as audit begins (Oct '07) 2 hr Senior 230
Craig dehut 11 hr ugh 3
News Churches step up to help Indianapolis residents... 17 hr reasonable 1
Boehner crying. again. 19 hr reasonable 1
News Indianapolis Schools Implement Tutoring for Par... 22 hr reasonable 1
News Police Shootout At Upscale IUPUI Apartment Comp... Mon Kips215 1
News Dry out that basement fast, or risk costly mold... Mon moron 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages