Ballard announces 7 key appointments

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

Mayor-elect Greg Ballard today announced seven key appointments to his inner circle, including community leader Olgen Williams as a deputy mayor and former state official Paul Okeson as his chief of staff.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of135
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Since

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Ballard didn't know anyone, he obviously relied on the Republican establishment cronies to vomit up a bunch of party-line bureaucrats. Rokita and Chocola? There's some fine upstanding leaders to cow-tow to.
Ballard

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

was elected in Nov. but waits almost 60 days to appoint 7 people? What has he been doing for 2 months? Oh, that's right, he was backpedaling on his disapproval of the city income tax hike he used to get elected. I forgot for a minute. Hopefully the voters won't forget in 11/11.
Seezar

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

A director of latino affairs? Is this really necessary?
Gideon

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

I like how he names a few minority directors but has no one to replace more important offices like DPW and DMD. I guess I'll just plow my own streets and burn my trash.
JJJ

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Congrats to Chris Cotteril. he's done a great job with IOT and I wish him the best of luck with Mayor Ballard.
Great Move

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Each person is the definition of integrity. Great selections Greg, keep up the good work!! Don't let former city hacks/democrat hacks get you down!!! They hate you because you stood up to them.
TokenFemaleHispa nic

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Seezar wrote:
Why how 21st century of him to appoint a woman to the council.
What the Heck

Muncie, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Ballard wrote:
was elected in Nov. but waits almost 60 days to appoint 7 people? What has he been doing for 2 months? Oh, that's right, he was backpedaling on his disapproval of the city income tax hike he used to get elected. I forgot for a minute. Hopefully the voters won't forget in 11/11.
Sounds like a bunch of crybaby Bart supporters are on the loose. He was probably researching the appointments to make sure that the city has the best talent possible to dig out of the mess left behind by your dear friend Bart.

Since: Mar 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Funny stuff guys, is this the best you can do? Olgen Williams as a party line Republican? Really? I bet that is news to him and those he helps. Olgen is a good choice and really crosses party lines.
que pasa

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Seezar wrote:
Yes it is necessary, unlike where you live in Monrovia, Indianapolis has quite a large hispanic population. You should try and leave your cave once in awhile.
What the Heck

Muncie, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Seezar wrote:
It is necessary. Hopefully, Ballard will see to it that the Director of Latino Affairs only works with those who are here legally... and then deports the rest of them.
Who

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Great Move wrote:
Each person is the definition of integrity. Great selections Greg, keep up the good work!! Don't let former city hacks/democrat hacks get you down!!! They hate you because you stood up to them.
I hope you're right. I don't recognize hardly any of these names, but I think that's a definite GOOD thing. More "high profile" people who want their accolades and their names in the papers would be more concerned with themselves than what's best for the city. Hopefully these folks turn out to be public SERVANTS in the truest sense of the word.

GO BALLARD!!!
Happy New Year

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

What a nice group of people. I know Okeson is well respected among his peers. John Cochran, who I have done business with in the past, is as bright as they come. Give these people a chance to succeed in this role, and for the democrats who are hacks and blog mean and undtrue things on web sites or have web sites for the sole purpose to attack, we know you are coming because you have nothing better dto do now because you are not getting paid by the mayor or the governor. Things are really right in Indianapolis at this point, funny how that works. Good things happen to good people.
Viva Venezuela

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

fed up wrote:
<quoted text>
NO! I hear hear she is a BITCH too and doesn't like black people. OOPS...a tragedy in waiting.
I am sure Amos Brown will love this Venezuelan appointment.
I hope she does a better job than what we have seen at her current position.
olgen the joke

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

so he is a former convicted thief, druggie and liar, that is the past...the present is that he participated this year in an extortion attempt on the city to get 23 million dollars for a group of ministers without any accountability.......he pays no property tax....we all would like to know that trick.....and although he pays no property tax, he votes for a 500 million dollar bond issue that creates a huge increase for the propety tax payers in IPS many of those who can least afford it....ballard may be signaling what his administration is about with this type of sleazeball in his administration
Tonyn1

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

What the Heck wrote:
<quoted text>
It is necessary. Hopefully, Ballard will see to it that the Director of Latino Affairs only works with those who are here legally... and then deports the rest of them.
Exactly why is it necessary? I am of Polish and English descent. Where is the city's Director of Polish Affairs? This is just another example of making one group better than the rest. I thought the goal in this country was to achieve a color blind society, yet at every turn we are reminded that certain ethnic groups are different.
Seems like

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

I didn't know Mexican was a language. Spanish, perhaps?
Old Boiler wrote:
<quoted text>
Translated to "MEXICAN"! Let's hoipe she's getting the buses lined up.
Seezar

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

que pasa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is necessary, unlike where you live in Monrovia, Indianapolis has quite a large hispanic population. You should try and leave your cave once in awhile.
Hey Jose: Yo no live in Monrovia..live in Indpls and you fail to explain WHY a latino director is needed? Heck...87% are illegals anyway..so why the need?
By the way...your isp shows Racine, WI...now that's a real progressive town up there beyond the cheddar curtain. Adios...muchacho
Ballard Voter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Kind of an unimpressive group. I hope Mayor Ballard doesn't turn out to be a disappointment...
Local landlord

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

New Year. New administration. I have decided to keep an open mind. Each appointment looks promising. Each one gets the benefit of the doubt. The proof is in their actions. The minute I see cronyism or business as usual they'll lose me. I want to see big, new eye opening solutions.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of135
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Indianapolis Forum right now

Search the Indianapolis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) 3 hr Two Cents 86
Purdue offering veterinary camps at State Fair 4 hr Coda1 1
They're Here 11 hr single smoking n looking 2
Parc Bordeaux Apts Awful 11 hr single smoking n looking 3
Knockout Game in Broad-Robbers 16 hr Ralph 3
Rebecca Driscoll 17 hr Curious 4
Ineptness Tue Big Phony Cop 1
•••
•••