Police investigate chase, fatal crash

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

Unless a witness comes forward, it might take an autopsy to learn if a man killed in a car crash Friday was alone and driving the speeding vehicle when it veered off a road in Fishers and flipped.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 38 of38
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Cathy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2007

Any updates to why this happened?
BigPaPa

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2007

Cathy wrote:
It's a generally accepted fact that when someone is going in excess of 100mph in a quasi-residential area, something bad is gonna happen. It did.

There was the mention that possibly a person that may have run from the scene, but since it involved a fatality, that person is 'poof'. If in fact that is true, some friend, hey? Stick around, help your buddy, clear up what really went on.

Yeah, great pal.
RIP

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2007

Cathy wrote:
Viewing tom. and funeral on thursday... Dont know anything as of yet it takes about a week for toxology and autopsy reports...
i guess i have a heart

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2007

BigPaPa wrote:
<quoted text>
Fishers PD... you listening to this???
Why dont you get off the Fishers PD's jock and get over yourself. Ya know i cant believe you find your self so above mistake. I'm sure you never did anything dangerous in you entire meaningless life. Not only have you offended his family, but also those who have lost a loved one in a fatal car crash. Even the best of people can make mistakes. But oh wait i guess you and the ones you love are perfect. Oh wait, no your not, the only perfect man to set foot on this Earth was Jesus Christ. So get over yourself and try thinking of others. I would really hate to see something like this to happen to your family or loved ones. I bet you'd feel like a huge jerk. Or maybe people would make similar comments and you could see how it feels to have people disgrace a family member.
BigPaPa

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2007

i guess i have a heart wrote:
<quoted text>
Why dont you get off the Fishers PD's jock and get over yourself. Ya know i cant believe you find your self so above mistake. I'm sure you never did anything dangerous in you entire meaningless life. Not only have you offended his family, but also those who have lost a loved one in a fatal car crash. Even the best of people can make mistakes. But oh wait i guess you and the ones you love are perfect. Oh wait, no your not, the only perfect man to set foot on this Earth was Jesus Christ. So get over yourself and try thinking of others. I would really hate to see something like this to happen to your family or loved ones. I bet you'd feel like a huge jerk. Or maybe people would make similar comments and you could see how it feels to have people disgrace a family member.
It has happened to my family. I lost a family members to a little shit who decided to do 90+ on a two-lane country road. Head on into my sister & her 4 year old son.

Tell me about not having dealt with it.
baffled

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2007

Britt wrote:
<quoted text>
It is unfortunate that you lost someone to a drunk driver but get your facts straight... They have not found any evidence that drugs or alcohol was envolved in this accident...And he had 1 DUI but his license was ok... He had learned his lesson from that... If you didnt read the details i will inform you again that they are investigating whether or not he was even driving...lets say all this comes back he was drinking...dont be so insensitive to his family and friends... it was not their fault...
Um... yeah, Britt - my facts are very straight. I know for a fact that John had 2 DUIs and was currently on probation. Apparently, he DIDN'T learn from his mistakes. Oh, and thanks so much for reiterating the facts... why would you, or anyone else, believe that someone else was driving John's car? He didn't care about other people driving him when he was drunk in the past. Why would he care now, 2 DUIs and 1 probationary period later? I stand firm on my opinions and I don't care who reads this. Jesus Christ (what a joke)could read this for all I care. The truth is the truth - John is dead because he was out of control. Period. Glad he was the only one.
Britt

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2007

baffled wrote:
<quoted text>
Um... yeah, Britt - my facts are very straight. I know for a fact that John had 2 DUIs and was currently on probation. Apparently, he DIDN'T learn from his mistakes. Oh, and thanks so much for reiterating the facts... why would you, or anyone else, believe that someone else was driving John's car? He didn't care about other people driving him when he was drunk in the past. Why would he care now, 2 DUIs and 1 probationary period later? I stand firm on my opinions and I don't care who reads this. Jesus Christ (what a joke)could read this for all I care. The truth is the truth - John is dead because he was out of control. Period. Glad he was the only one.
U are seriously a nut job!!! Get a life grow up you are one of those people who think you know everything. Well you don't. I don't even know you and can tell that you are one that if someone has a story you have done it better or have something else that would top it. Get a life nobody likes those kind of people and quite frankly nobody wants to read your ignorant comments about somebody you did not even know or know anything about. Investigators who do this for a living don't even know. I think you need to grow up and think about yourself because your Jesus Christ comment-- come on you are going to be judged one day. I will pray for you!
baffled

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2007

Britt wrote:
<quoted text>
U are seriously a nut job!!! Get a life grow up you are one of those people who think you know everything. Well you don't. I don't even know you and can tell that you are one that if someone has a story you have done it better or have something else that would top it. Get a life nobody likes those kind of people and quite frankly nobody wants to read your ignorant comments about somebody you did not even know or know anything about. Investigators who do this for a living don't even know. I think you need to grow up and think about yourself because your Jesus Christ comment-- come on you are going to be judged one day. I will pray for you!
You're funny. Learn how to use punctuation, learn how to read people, and get a clue about good 'ol JC. You can pray for me, but you'll be wasting your time. You are really so ignorant. So very ignorant - and wrong. I'm done wasting my time on John Durham comments - it's clearly not worth it.
Friend4Life

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2007

I said I wasn't gong to reply anymore but are you guys serious?????????? "I heard this" and "I read that"....that gives you the right to judge??? For all you that said thank god he's not on the road anymore...you would rather us mourn the life of a young man?? John is my family and you just add more pain to the overwhelming sense of loss we feel already. I can only blame it on your ignorance though...I pray God will enter your mind and heart so that you may understand compassion for another human being.
Friend4Life

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2007

baffled wrote:
<quoted text>
You're funny. Learn how to use punctuation, learn how to read people, and get a clue about good 'ol JC. You can pray for me, but you'll be wasting your time. You are really so ignorant. So very ignorant - and wrong. I'm done wasting my time on John Durham comments - it's clearly not worth it.
We are glad you're done because it's just one less person whose hurtful and insesitive comments we have to deal with. And for the record John had 1 (one) D.U.I. and his license was valid. Just because he has had a D.U.I. before doesn't make him stupid or deserving of this. He had learned...he has called me to come get him before, on several occassions, and vice versa. We have had too many friends die or get hurt because of drinking and driving...as we've grown up we have realized the seriousness of the issue...if John was driving then it was simply a fatal accident because he wouldn't drive unless he felt he was okay. He would've called somebody if he felt he was past the point of responsible driving. I'm sorry that you guys were not blessed enough to have the opportunity to know John Michael Durham. He will be missed everyday....I'll see you when I get there brother...watch out for us down here...Love
Britt

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2007

Friend4Life wrote:
<quoted text>
We are glad you're done because it's just one less person whose hurtful and insesitive comments we have to deal with. And for the record John had 1 (one) D.U.I. and his license was valid. Just because he has had a D.U.I. before doesn't make him stupid or deserving of this. He had learned...he has called me to come get him before, on several occassions, and vice versa. We have had too many friends die or get hurt because of drinking and driving...as we've grown up we have realized the seriousness of the issue...if John was driving then it was simply a fatal accident because he wouldn't drive unless he felt he was okay. He would've called somebody if he felt he was past the point of responsible driving. I'm sorry that you guys were not blessed enough to have the opportunity to know John Michael Durham. He will be missed everyday....I'll see you when I get there brother...watch out for us down here...Love
THANK YOU!!!!! I hate when people think they know everything. I hope you are doing ok. My prayers are with the family.
i guess i have a heart

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2007

BigPaPa wrote:
<quoted text>
It has happened to my family. I lost a family members to a little shit who decided to do 90+ on a two-lane country road. Head on into my sister & her 4 year old son.
Tell me about not having dealt with it.
And you are still arrogant and hateful enough to talk that way. What if it were your family members fault
BigPaPa

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2007

i guess i have a heart wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are still arrogant and hateful enough to talk that way. What if it were your family members fault
Then I'd send 'em smokes while they are in the can, or bury them with the knowledge the ended their own life.

I cannot grieve for those that do not care about their own lives.
bearhead

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2007

chyea wrote:
look big papa he was a really good friend of mine and he was a speeder and why would you say that kno one cares and if you really wanna kno there prolly was sumone else drivin that car at the time but no one will kno until he comes forward
Did you go to school? You really need to work on your spelling and grammar.
never thought

Radcliff, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2007

I went to Kindergarten with this boy! I hadn't seen John in over 10 years, so I can't really speak about his character or his way of life. I heard about what happened through a 3rd party who remained very close to him. I have read the stories, and like all of you, I am very anxious for some kind of update. No matter what happened though, nobody deserves to die that way. And if there was a second person in that car I think you owe it to your friends family to tell them what really happened, even if you don't tell the police and the world.
BigPaPa

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2007

never thought wrote:
I went to Kindergarten with this boy! I hadn't seen John in over 10 years, so I can't really speak about his character or his way of life. I heard about what happened through a 3rd party who remained very close to him. I have read the stories, and like all of you, I am very anxious for some kind of update. No matter what happened though, nobody deserves to die that way. And if there was a second person in that car I think you owe it to your friends family to tell them what really happened, even if you don't tell the police and the world.
There was no second person. OBD data has been pulled, and the passenger seat sensor detected no weight on that seat for passive nor active restraint activation. The TPS & VSS data shows a heavy foot.
trust in truth

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

BSU Child Endangered - Dr. Kathryn Loy Fletcher of Ball State Drove Drunk With Child in Her Car. She is a Fishers, Indiana resident. Charges: Fletcher, Kathryn Loy Citation StatuteLevelDate1. 9-30-5-3(a) (2)/FD: Operating Vehicle While Intoxicated; Passenger Under 18 Years of Age. C14651569-30-5-3(a)(2)Felony D04/05/20112. 9-30-5-2(a);(b)/ MA: Operating While Intoxicated Endangering a PersonC14651569-30-5-2(a);(b)M isdemeanor Class A04/05/20113. 9-30-5-1(a)/MC: Oper Veh w/ Alcohol Concentration Equivalent to at Least .08 but Less than .15C14651569-30-5-1(a)Misdemea nor Class C04/05/2011Events & Orders of the Court.
teach trust

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

BSU Child Endangered - Dr. Kathryn Loy Fletcher of Ball State Drove Drunk With Child in Her Car. She is a Fishers, Indiana resident. Charges: Fletcher, Kathryn Loy Citation StatuteLevelDate1. 9-30-5-3(a) (2)/FD: Operating Vehicle While Intoxicated; Passenger Under 18 Years of Age. C14651569-30-5-3(a)(2)Felony D04/05/20112. 9-30-5-2(a);(b)/ MA: Operating While Intoxicated Endangering a PersonC14651569-30-5-2(a);(b)M isdemeanor Class A04/05/20113. 9-30-5-1(a)/MC: Oper Veh w/ Alcohol Concentration Equivalent to at Least .08 but Less than .15C14651569-30-5-1(a)Misdemea nor Class C04/05/2011Events & Orders of the Court.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 38 of38
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Indianapolis Forum right now

Search the Indianapolis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) 1 hr Two Cents 86
Purdue offering veterinary camps at State Fair 2 hr Coda1 1
They're Here 9 hr single smoking n looking 2
Parc Bordeaux Apts Awful 9 hr single smoking n looking 3
Knockout Game in Broad-Robbers 14 hr Ralph 3
Rebecca Driscoll 15 hr Curious 4
Ineptness 22 hr Big Phony Cop 1
•••

Flood Warning for Marion County was issued at July 23 at 9:45AM EDT