First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Conundrum

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Apr 12, 2013
Linda Bledsoe wrote:
A college degree is a gateway to getting an interview, and that is all. At that point, you have to be socially capable and charismatic to land a good job. Educational credentials alone are not going to carry you very far, but they can be a great supplement to your career if you are not a complete disaster on a social/human interaction level. College did for me exactly what it should have done. It didn't prepare me with the skill-set needed for any specific job, but it did prepare me with how to manage my time effectively and produce desired results, which is a requirement for almost ALL jobs. That has been a priceless skill that I took from my college experience. The degree is important to open the door to the opportunities, but it won't guarantee you anything.
Oh geez. The world has turned upside down. For once,I agree with Linda Bledsoe.

Btw,that reply was really painful to acknowledge.

Then again,a broken clock is correct twice a day.
Conundrum

Indianapolis, IN

#22 Apr 12, 2013
Russia1513 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
Why are you thanking Linda? Either you're socially inept or the man is keeping you down from getting an interview. Which is it?
Fish Heads

Indianapolis, IN

#23 Apr 12, 2013
Duchess 29631 wrote:
Mine paid off. I can't imagine where I'd be if I had never attended.
I can imagine it. You wanna know where you'd be if you had not attended? You'd be sitting right next to the Russian chick in that little glass aquarium.

“NOT RUSSIAN”

Since: May 08

and not from Russia

#24 Apr 12, 2013
Conundrum wrote:
<quoted text> Why are you thanking Linda? Either you're socially inept or the man is keeping you down from getting an interview. Which is it?
Already employed.
Carl

Indianapolis, IN

#25 Apr 12, 2013
Russia1513 wrote:
Quite frankly, I am very happy to share an apartment with others. I'm not fussy, and don't require a lot of privacy. My two roommates are quiet for the most part and pay their bills on time. One of them happens to be my son. I am not exploited financially. We each pay $190/mo for rent and split the utilities x3.
As an adult, I would have NEVER be able to afford the cost of a one-bedroom apartment on my own, unless I like being broke-azz all the time, which I don't.
Please try not to be surprised that people are banding together. The economy demands it.
I know a lot of dopers that live that way. They would rather do drugs and shack up with people than making something of there lives and bringing the children along for the ride. Tipical dope den. Sad way to live live. Party on,,,,,,,,,Maaaannnn!

“NOT RUSSIAN”

Since: May 08

and not from Russia

#26 Apr 12, 2013
Carl wrote:
<quoted text>I know a lot of dopers that live that way. They would rather do drugs and shack up with people than making something of there lives and bringing the children along for the ride. Tipical dope den. Sad way to live live. Party on,,,,,,,,,Maaaannnn!
The term "shacking up" implies living in sin. Which I am not, I can assure you.

Why don't you fixate on someone else, Spongebob?
MedalOfHonor

Indianapolis, IN

#30 Apr 12, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, in another year under Obama you will have to take in two more tenents to make ends meet. That or obama will show you the brand new refrigerator box you get to live in down in obamaville.
Be sure to enjoy some obama hot dog soup. Obama hot dog soup is the broth left over after you boil the hot dogs. That's all that will be left, cause obama will eat your hot dogs.
Personally I like ham water
hhhhmmmmm

Indianapolis, IN

#31 Apr 12, 2013
Russia1513 wrote:
<quoted text>The term "shacking up" implies living in sin. Which I am not, I can assure you.

I beg to differ.
Russian Guy 2234

Indianapolis, IN

#33 Apr 12, 2013
Russia1513 wrote:
<quoted text>
The term "shacking up" implies living in sin. Which I am not, I can assure you.
Have you seen the Bates Motel? This sounds like a Norma and
Norman story to me.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#37 Apr 15, 2013
I started this topic to see if anyone on here had any clue of what the job market demands now. Linda is the only one who even come close. While many people have a family, they can't afford the time and money to get a degree. However, there are many jobs out there that just require some training.

"Don't think outside of the box, that is not your station, think like you are the box and it is all about what you have inside."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fat chix 9 hr Shark 8
brandy stacy love is a drug junkie slut kid abu... Sat old friend 2
Marriage Legal in Indiana Sat Learn to Read 35
Eubola is like school!!! Sat Dave 5
Excise officer arrested on suspicion of DWI Sat No Surprise 10
To the Sons of Silence MC , Indianapolis Clubhouse (Dec '13) Fri Shark 73
Why do most Blacks hate Whites? (Jul '13) Fri Shark 291
Indianapolis Dating
Find my Match

Indianapolis Jobs