Carson wins seat in 7th District race

The 7th Congressional District encompasses much of Marion County. Here are some estimates regarding the district drawn from the U.S. Census Bureau's 2003 American Community Survey: >> Population: 636,041 . >> ... Full Story
First Prev
of 27
Next Last
fluteman greg

Collinsville, MS

#557 Mar 14, 2008
You Hicks wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is that you think that idiots vote for Carson. I think that idiots vote for Bush and Burton. It's that simple.
Fair enough. Whether you like GW or not, at least he HAD SOME qualifications for the job, like Gov. of Texas. Carson has what? Whatever short amount of time on the city council? Give me a break. He got the city council job because of his name and he got the Rep. job for the same reason. The funny part is his name should hurt him, but the silly district 7 voters actually elected him. That's entirely different than GW, even if you hate GW.
fluteman greg

Collinsville, MS

#558 Mar 14, 2008
You Hicks wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't refute my statements on Bush. Typical Republican. I'M TALKING ABOUT BUSH "AND" CARSON.
Are you really so parochial as to care more about a lone U.S. Representative than THE leader of the free world? If you believe that a single congressperson, whether Democrat or Republican, has as much authority, power, and influence as the President you are living in a parallel universe. Carson is ONE MAN WITH ONE VOTE. Bush is one man who has the vast financial, social, moral, political, and military might of the United States behind him!
Your myopia is not surprising. Having been born here I realize that most Hoosiers would rather curse the darkness than light a candle. Feel free to continue assign disproportionate power to Carson. Whatever helps you sleep at night...
I suggest you look at the title of the thread. It's about Carson. Based on your logic we could be here 10 years talking about all of the idiot politicians. There are plenty to go around, including democrats and republicans. So what? I thought we were on a Andre Carson thread. I must be mistaken.
You Hicks

Indianapolis, IN

#559 Mar 14, 2008
fluteman greg wrote:
<quoted text>Fair enough. Whether you like GW or not, at least he HAD SOME qualifications for the job, like Gov. of Texas. Carson has what? Whatever short amount of time on the city council? Give me a break. He got the city council job because of his name and he got the Rep. job for the same reason. The funny part is his name should hurt him, but the silly district 7 voters actually elected him. That's entirely different than GW, even if you hate GW.
First and foremost, I don't "hate" anyone. I would appreciate you not accusing me of something so despicable. I deeply regret that the man was first "selected" (2000) and elected (2004) president, but that is not tantamount to hate.

Second, here's a simple question. Why did Bush get elected governor? Was it the fact that his daddy's friends literally GAVE him a financial stake in an MLB team? Was it the fact that he was close friends with "Kenny Boy" (i.e., Ken Lay of Enron)? Was it his sterling military record? Was it his great mastery of legislative politics? His towering intellect? His command of the language? I mean, WHY did Bush get elected governor?

You get three guesses!
You Hicks

Indianapolis, IN

#560 Mar 14, 2008
fluteman greg wrote:
<quoted text>I suggest you look at the title of the thread. It's about Carson. Based on your logic we could be here 10 years talking about all of the idiot politicians. There are plenty to go around, including democrats and republicans. So what? I thought we were on a Andre Carson thread. I must be mistaken.
Here's a test. Show me a SINGLE blog that has stuck to the topic at hand - including this one. Shall I cut and paste for you all the comments on this thread that have nothing to do with Andre Carson??

This is a VERY lame response on your part. Either you haven't read many of these blogs (which I know not to be true) or you want to conveniently pretend as though that bringing in other topics is somehow outside some esoteric (which is to say, non-existent) blog protocol. Please...
fluteman greg

Collinsville, MS

#561 Mar 14, 2008
You Hicks wrote:
<quoted text>
First and foremost, I don't "hate" anyone. I would appreciate you not accusing me of something so despicable.
Geez.... some people are so literal. My "you" was meant as generic "you". My posts are read by more than just yourself so my wording applies to whoever is reading it. Take a pill.

I also don't hate anyone. We have something in common.
fluteman greg

Collinsville, MS

#562 Mar 14, 2008
You Hicks wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a test. Show me a SINGLE blog that has stuck to the topic at hand - including this one. Shall I cut and paste for you all the comments on this thread that have nothing to do with Andre Carson??
This is a VERY lame response on your part. Either you haven't read many of these blogs (which I know not to be true) or you want to conveniently pretend as though that bringing in other topics is somehow outside some esoteric (which is to say, non-existent) blog protocol. Please...
OK. I stick to the topic, maybe not you or others. If you want to bad mouth GW then I recommend finding someone who wants to hear the venom you're spewing. It's not me. I'm on here discussing Carson. You didn't even say the first thing about Carson before you brought up GW. My point is your only rebuttal for a comment about Carson is instant redirection to GW. I'm not interested in that type of bouncing conversation.
You Hicks

Indianapolis, IN

#563 Mar 14, 2008
fluteman greg wrote:
<quoted text>Geez.... some people are so literal. My "you" was meant as generic "you". My posts are read by more than just yourself so my wording applies to whoever is reading it. Take a pill.
I also don't hate anyone. We have something in common.
Agreed.
You Hicks

Indianapolis, IN

#564 Mar 14, 2008
fluteman greg wrote:
<quoted text>OK. I stick to the topic, maybe not you or others. If you want to bad mouth GW then I recommend finding someone who wants to hear the venom you're spewing. It's not me. I'm on here discussing Carson. You didn't even say the first thing about Carson before you brought up GW. My point is your only rebuttal for a comment about Carson is instant redirection to GW. I'm not interested in that type of bouncing conversation.
You have a very strange concept of "venom". I said the following about Bush - all of which (I contend) is true:

1) He brags about being a C student.
2) He is the beneficiary of nepotism.
3) He often gives "non" answers to questions.
4) He doesn't have a good grasp of grammar.

Where is the "venom" in any of that? Did I leave something out? If so, let me know.(I did, of course, insult the people who voted for him.)

Now, compare that to what people continuously say about Andre Carson. You'll find that there is no comparison at all.
fluteman greg

Collinsville, MS

#565 Mar 14, 2008
You Hicks wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a very strange concept of "venom". I said the following about Bush - all of which (I contend) is true:
1) He brags about being a C student.
2) He is the beneficiary of nepotism.
3) He often gives "non" answers to questions.
4) He doesn't have a good grasp of grammar.
Where is the "venom" in any of that? Did I leave something out? If so, let me know.(I did, of course, insult the people who voted for him.)
Now, compare that to what people continuously say about Andre Carson. You'll find that there is no comparison at all.
OK. Maybe venom was the wrong word. I get used to so much anti GW propoganda sometimes it all blends together. The point is you were offsetting Carson inadequacies with GW's inadequacies (based on your opinion, certainly not mine). I get your point about GW and Carson. My point is I'm here to discuss Carson, not GW.
You Hicks

Indianapolis, IN

#566 Mar 14, 2008
fluteman greg wrote:
<quoted text>OK. Maybe venom was the wrong word. I get used to so much anti GW propoganda sometimes it all blends together. The point is you were offsetting Carson inadequacies with GW's inadequacies (based on your opinion, certainly not mine). I get your point about GW and Carson. My point is I'm here to discuss Carson, not GW.
Great. Glad that we could end this amicably. Have a good weekend.

I'm out!
fluteman greg

Collinsville, MS

#567 Mar 14, 2008
You Hicks wrote:
<quoted text>
Great. Glad that we could end this amicably. Have a good weekend.
I'm out!
You too. Have a good one.

Since: Mar 07

Valparaiso, IN

#568 Mar 14, 2008
Can we get back to the real topic at hand here? The new Wal Mart in the 7th.
SKULL

United States

#569 Mar 14, 2008
Get the Facts Straight wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but there are 10 TIMES as many whites as blacks in Indiana.
Heck, you have 10 times as many mexicans as blacks. Wonder which group Andre will behead first?

Since: Feb 08

United States

#570 Mar 15, 2008
Here we go again wrote:
<quoted text>we all now know the demographics of the 7th district prove it takes the votes of white voters to win that district in conjunction with any votes gained from black or Latino voters.
Are you sure about that? Seems to me that all it takes is for white voters to fail to show up. Of course, I guess that amounts to about the same thing.
James

Wilmington, DE

#571 Mar 15, 2008
Obama-Closet Muslim wrote:
<quoted text>
ONCE AGAIN, since morons like you cannot seem to get this into your thick skull, just because the 7th District has a majority of whites in it does NOT mean that the majority of whites voted for Carson!
White people were more concerned with working and making a living as opposed to the blacks who probably ALL voted because the AFL-CIO headquarters on 18th street,(near the old Bush stadium on 16th street), treated them to a KFC dinner, same as they always have since Julia's reign began!
Bottom line is the black folk ALWAYS come out in force FACT, they move into the city areas in big cities,(examples Wash, DC, Detroit, L.A., etc), FACT, and they ALWAYS vote for the Democrat 90% or better FACT, and NOW we see, if there is a BLACK Dem,(Obama), running against a WHITE Woman Dem,(Hillary), they vote 90% for their OWN RACE!
So tell me, which race is the biggest racist?
BLACKS----FACT!
Be careful, someone is going to demand that you apologize for being white then turn around and talk about how it was your fault that say oh, 9-11 happened. I too am sick of remaining silent for PC. Your statement is correct.
Obama-Closet Muslim

AOL

#572 Mar 15, 2008
FTFDFIREMAN wrote:
Can we get back to the real topic at hand here? The new Wal Mart in the 7th.
What's to discuss?

They will hire mostly blacks.

Get shop lifted regularly by other blacks.

Get held up regularly by other blacks.

Then close down, and Indianapolis will hear via the news how blacks don't have anyplace to shop in the area anymore.

End of story,------I WISH! lol

If the "you hicks" moron/spin-the-topic idiot can change the thread subject, then so can I!!!!
Obama-Closet Muslim

AOL

#573 Mar 15, 2008
SKULL wrote:
<quoted text>
Heck, you have 10 times as many mexicans as blacks. Wonder which group Andre will behead first?
CORRECT!

AND---the Mexican is also MUCH smarter than the black. It will not be too long before Mexicans siphon off all the "freebies" that the blacks get from the "Guv-mint"!

People like "you hicks" will then have to do what 70% of other black men do for a living. Drug dealer, pimp, criminal, or "ball" player.

Or join the Pacers and be all 4! lol

Since: Mar 07

Indianapolis, IN

#574 Mar 16, 2008
Obama-Closet Muslim wrote:
<quoted text>
What's to discuss?
They will hire mostly blacks.
Get shop lifted regularly by other blacks.
Get held up regularly by other blacks.
Then close down, and Indianapolis will hear via the news how blacks don't have anyplace to shop in the area anymore.
End of story,------I WISH! lol
If the "you hicks" moron/spin-the-topic idiot can change the thread subject, then so can I!!!!
Oops, foiled by the internet again. My sarcasm did not translate very well into the world wide web. You'd think Al Gore would have thought of that when he invented the internet and come up with something better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 27
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sgt Excise William Carter 3 hr dogowner 2
Mike Pence: average at best; not presidential ... 7 hr The Great Kaptoz 9
looking for fun 13 hr CKZ 1
Wolves in sheep clothing coming out. Fri Andrew 3
right to travel Fri The Zombie 6
Obumbling Obama Fri Your Brain is Jello 4
The Great Kaptoz Fri His Brain is Oatmeal 4
Indianapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Indianapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 am PST

NFL10:04AM
Richardson was suspended for two Colts playoff games
ESPN10:58 AM
Colts won't commit to RB Richardson for 2015
Yahoo! Sports11:49 AM
League conducts nearly 40 interviews into 'deflate-gate'
Yahoo! Sports11:50 AM
NFL: No decision yet on deflated balls
NBC Sports12:54 PM
Grigson goes silent on NFL investigation into Patriots