Carson wins seat in 7th District race

Carson wins seat in 7th District race

There are 538 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 11, 2008, titled Carson wins seat in 7th District race. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

The 7th Congressional District encompasses much of Marion County. Here are some estimates regarding the district drawn from the U.S. Census Bureau's 2003 American Community Survey: >> Population: 636,041 . >> ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Since: Mar 07

Indianapolis, IN

#392 Mar 12, 2008
Another 8 months of not being represented.
Get Real

Bridgeport, WV

#393 Mar 12, 2008
Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
huh?
Christians have not killed anyone in centuries
muslims have killed millions in the past 10 years
liberals are such apologists
they really are like little children
glad i grew up
Really so the chritstian Soldiers are laying down their weapons in Iraq and turning the other cheek. I don't think so I am glad I am not a closed minded conservitive
YeaAndre

Fishers, IN

#394 Mar 12, 2008
Who the hell cares if someone is a Muslim, Christian, Jew, Hindu, Pagan, Scientologist? What the hell does that matter? Stop being so xenophobic and get over yourself!!!!
georgia

Carmel, IN

#395 Mar 12, 2008
Did you get your info out of a southern newpaper at the turn of the century? Because that's how long it's been since your statement was true!
hallidad wrote:
<quoted text>
My fellow Americans need to get your info correct. The majority of people/families on welfare are American whites-AFDC-food stamps. The majority institutions on welfare are white owned businesses, farmers subsidized; business saved from bankruptcy with government money. And it has been that way since 1950. In states where most blacks live there is not enough welfare to feed a family, thus they work day jobs and farm labor; Texas, Mississippi, Alabama, the Carolinas (as do the immigrants and whites). Stop the lies!
bleed blue

Carmel, IN

#396 Mar 12, 2008
Why would a mother name there child Satan?? Did she know something we are just now finding out?
Great Advice wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a minute! My middle name is Satan and I am a Christian!

“Vote or Shut it!”

Since: Oct 07

Sasparilla

#397 Mar 12, 2008
Thank the good lord we will soon get a chance to set this tragedy straight. Until then...get your check books out. The free-ride band wagon will depart in 10 minutes. All aboard!
CATHOLICS DO NOT BELIEVE

United States

#398 Mar 12, 2008
hallidad wrote:
<quoted text>
So much ignorance. The original church was a Temple. Our Jesus lived his entire life and died as a Hebrew; some call Jews. Are we not all brothers because all are liars! Catholism is not original and lacks much of the original text, laws, and especially rituals.
THJE CATHOLICS BELIEVE THEY WOULD LIKE ANOTHER LITTLE BOY SENT TO THE RECTORY, AND THE CORRUPT POWER HUNGRY LEADERS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH WOULD LIKE TO MAKE SURE THEY SWEEP IT UNDER THE RUG TO KEEP THE FLOW OF YOUNG FRESH MEAT AVAILBALE FOR THE PRIESTS. THEY TRULY ARE GOD LESS, BUT DISGUISE IT IN ORDER TO FEEL BETTER ABOUT THEMSELVES WHILE HERE ON EARTH.
AND, ON ANOTHER NOTE, IF OBAMA WINS, IT IS NEAR THE END. HE IS THE ANTI CHRIST.
Sign of the Times

United States

#399 Mar 12, 2008
Amerie wrote:
Why are caucasian so afraid of change/diversity? You might as well get used to more black/muslim/hispanic taking over positions of power.especially with whites slowly becoming the minority.
Yep, my white grandchildren will be the minority.
They should EQUAL Rights in the future. Financial
assistance, preference in job placement, educational assistance and public assistance. The truth is, the melting pot of America is changing the racial makeup of Americans. Our ancestors were 100% white, and at this rate....well, in the years 2100 the Caucasion race will be the minority. This isn't a racist remark, just a simple observation.

That is all!
Rob

Bridgeport, WV

#400 Mar 12, 2008
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
You're absolutely right. Several of my friends, who have college educations, knew very little about Andre, and next to nothing about the other candidates. Yet they voted for Andre. He knew next to nothing in the debate at IUPUI last Thursday night. How does the person who knows the least about economics, science, politics, and freedom from government end up winning? Only by name.
Honestly look at what you are arguing about. How many straight-ticket voters are out there? Quite a few. Want to talk about a shortcut to thinking now? Most voters don't look at the overarching issues. They look at party affiliation. that's the real reason for the lack of good candidates. Elrod or Carson - neither one will/would be an asset to the position. Also, our President knew next to nothing about a lot of issues (especially foreign policy) but we still elected him. What does that say?
Mac

Pleasant Prairie, WI

#401 Mar 12, 2008
GONZO wrote:
Another useless person to represent me. Oh the humanity of it all.
If you will quit working and paying taxes, then you will see Carson working for you. It's a beautiful thing to not have to work and then be supported by those who do work. Sort of reminds me of when I was a little boy relying on my parents to provide for me.
bleed blue

Carmel, IN

#402 Mar 12, 2008
Boy you showed us.
Winter wrote:
How is Carson already a super delegate? This is the first election in my life where I did not vote. Carson, Elrod, Shepherd - no leaders for me. I'll wait until May when I can cast my vote for either Carolene Mays or David O.
Gumby

Indianapolis, IN

#403 Mar 12, 2008
Thanks for electing another inept politician riding on granny's coattails.

The 7th district is in for more non-representation and idleness.

“Vote or Shut it!”

Since: Oct 07

Sasparilla

#404 Mar 12, 2008
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
You're absolutely right. Several of my friends, who have college educations, knew very little about Andre, and next to nothing about the other candidates. Yet they voted for Andre. He knew next to nothing in the debate at IUPUI last Thursday night. How does the person who knows the least about economics, science, politics, and freedom from government end up winning? Only by name.
Yes...it is comforting to know that Farrakhan now has a puppet in Congress. Now he can beeter sow his seed of racist hatred and murder.

Since: Nov 07

Fishers, IN

#405 Mar 12, 2008
fluteman greg wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry I can't calm down. The 7th district elected another baffoon. I wasn't attacking you, but the nutjobs who voted for him.
Hit em with your flute ... Greg!

Since: Feb 08

Carmel, IN

#406 Mar 12, 2008
CATHOLICS DO NOT BELIEVE wrote:
<quoted text>
THJE CATHOLICS BELIEVE THEY WOULD LIKE ANOTHER LITTLE BOY SENT TO THE RECTORY, AND THE CORRUPT POWER HUNGRY LEADERS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH WOULD LIKE TO MAKE SURE THEY SWEEP IT UNDER THE RUG TO KEEP THE FLOW OF YOUNG FRESH MEAT AVAILBALE FOR THE PRIESTS. THEY TRULY ARE GOD LESS, BUT DISGUISE IT IN ORDER TO FEEL BETTER ABOUT THEMSELVES WHILE HERE ON EARTH.
AND, ON ANOTHER NOTE, IF OBAMA WINS, IT IS NEAR THE END. HE IS THE ANTI CHRIST.
Whoo-boy! Looks like somebody went off their medication again!
fluteman greg

Collinsville, MS

#407 Mar 12, 2008
FTFDFIREMAN wrote:
Another 8 months of not being represented.
That's OK. You all should be used to it since you haven't represented since prior to 1996. Good luck.
bleed blue

Carmel, IN

#408 Mar 12, 2008
I couldn't believe it either i thought i was still living in Georgia when i woke up this morning!!!
Biased Observer wrote:
I almost cannot believe that nepotism won out in Indianapolis choosing a U.S Representative.
We truly are ignorant.
Roderick

United States

#409 Mar 12, 2008
Bow down blue eye folks - things are changing the in this here USA - the brother won by beating the wonder boy - his family connections could not pull it off.

We are going to get the state house soon...
Jay in Indy

Circleville, OH

#410 Mar 12, 2008
Ill be darned wrote:
<quoted text>
Overreaction. His election won't affect much. He is an insignificant representative from an insignificant state.
Have I missed somehting? I thought each member of the House had ONE vote..making them all equal. I am sure Mr. Carson will follow his party's instructions but his vote counts just as much as any other congressman (person).
whatever

Mount Gilead, OH

#411 Mar 12, 2008
Hmmmm...figured he'd win......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Church of Pot was great! 16 min Jack shut 1
Pence is the biggest racist, sexist, and elitis... 18 min Jack shut 11
isis flag flown with pride at gay parade 19 min Jack shut 3
News Can same-sex marriage make America healthier? 13 hr Xstain Fumblement... 39
Shun the Homsexuals 18 hr Pete 3
Watch wife in skirt in public 23 hr BEN 5
Rhett zimmerman is a psycho stalker! Thu I KNOW this freak 1
BUYERS BEWARE - Junk John Deere Lawn tractors a... (Sep '11) Jun 30 kidderjeffrey 135
More from around the web

Indianapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Indianapolis Mortgages