Carson wins seat in 7th District race

Carson wins seat in 7th District race

There are 538 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 11, 2008, titled Carson wins seat in 7th District race. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

The 7th Congressional District encompasses much of Marion County. Here are some estimates regarding the district drawn from the U.S. Census Bureau's 2003 American Community Survey: >> Population: 636,041 . >> ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 27
Next Last
ben

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Mar 12, 2008
So why was my ballot stuffed into a box instead of a voting machine?

Where is my ballot by the way?
Citizen

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Mar 12, 2008
How many voters knew they were voting for a Muslim? Kind of funny how this was NOT in the Indystar, but on the front page of Yahoo news.
ben

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Mar 12, 2008
bal┬Ělot
n.
1. A sheet of paper or a card used to cast or register a vote.
TheVoter1234

Uniontown, PA

#4 Mar 12, 2008
I'm glad the Republicans lost!
David T

Chicago, IL

#6 Mar 12, 2008
Obama is not a Muslim and you know it perfectly well, Stevieboy. Just because you repeat a lie does not make it true.
reader

Marysville, OH

#7 Mar 12, 2008
How long will he be able to run off of "Grandma's shirt tales"? He needs to stand up and be a "MAN".
Get Real

Bridgeport, WV

#8 Mar 12, 2008
Stevieboy wrote:
I noticed ol' Barrack Obama wasted no time kissing Andre's butt for that Super Delegate. So, will he endorse a fellow Muslim or return Evan Bayh's favor (endorsing him) and stick with Clinton. Any bets???
Whatever happened to freedom of religion? Or is it only freedom of religion if you are a Christian? This country was founded so that everyone had an opportunity at success and go as far as they can in life. Just because they are Muslim does not mean that they are a terrorist or they support terrorism. I am a christian yet I don't support bush at all he is the worse president our country's history ok maybe not the worse but second behind Nixon. Also if you know anything about history you know that christians have killed many more humans in the name of Christianity than Muslims. I have never heard of a musilms targeting a single religion. Unlike how the Christians have targeted the Jewish religion. If you ask me this world would be alot better place if everyone would mind their own business and let everyone live their own life. This my be the best country in the world to live, but when I see comments like this then I sometimes wonder if it has the best people in the world living there
Fact Checker

United States

#9 Mar 12, 2008
Citizen wrote:
How many voters knew they were voting for a Muslim? Kind of funny how this was NOT in the Indystar, but on the front page of Yahoo news.
Carsons religious faith was addressed in a number of Star articles. Wasn't front page, but hey, should it have been?

Since: Mar 08

Greencastle, Indiana

#10 Mar 12, 2008
ben wrote:
So why was my ballot stuffed into a box instead of a voting machine?
Where is my ballot by the way?
Yours is the 2nd post I've seen that has question why they didn't use the voting machine. Maybe you should check into this, could be fraudulent activity going on.

Since: Mar 08

Greencastle, Indiana

#11 Mar 12, 2008
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever happened to freedom of religion? Or is it only freedom of religion if you are a Christian? This country was founded so that everyone had an opportunity at success and go as far as they can in life. Just because they are Muslim does not mean that they are a terrorist or they support terrorism. I am a christian yet I don't support bush at all he is the worse president our country's history ok maybe not the worse but second behind Nixon. Also if you know anything about history you know that christians have killed many more humans in the name of Christianity than Muslims. I have never heard of a musilms targeting a single religion. Unlike how the Christians have targeted the Jewish religion. If you ask me this world would be alot better place if everyone would mind their own business and let everyone live their own life. This my be the best country in the world to live, but when I see comments like this then I sometimes wonder if it has the best people in the world living there
Yes we have freedom of relgion here. But this being a country founded on the principals of Christanity, most of us believe our leader's should have that faith. Also, we don't except the swearing in of them being done with the koran over the Holy Bible.
Ummm

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Mar 12, 2008
Stevieboy wrote:
I noticed ol' Barrack Obama wasted no time kissing Andre's butt for that Super Delegate. So, will he endorse a fellow Muslim or return Evan Bayh's favor (endorsing him) and stick with Clinton. Any bets???
Obama is not a Muslim you goober.
Stevieboy

AOL

#13 Mar 12, 2008
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah that's right, I forgot, I'm not supposed to bring up religion. I'm sorry if people like me make you question the people of this great nation. What about freedom of speech?? What about freedom of the press? I guess I'm not alowed to enjoy those freedoms.

And who said anything about terrorist or terrorism? Not me, never mentioned it or suggested it in my last post. You should read some of the other post' in these forums. If you have, then you would know my remarks were quite tame.
Stevieboy

AOL

#15 Mar 12, 2008
Ummm wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is not a Muslim you goober.
Name calling, that's mature. Okay, all you Obama followers, I withdraw my muslim remark. So let me rephrase my question so I won't offend you. So, now that Andre is now a Super delegate, will he return Senator Bayhs favor (for endorsing him) by backing Clinton? Now, I hope I don't offend you eventhough no body seems to care If I'm offended.
Ali Khan

United States

#16 Mar 12, 2008
Muslims serve in the Military, Muslims teach in schools and Muslims pay taxes! If you don't like what America is coming to maybe you should leave!
Observation

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Mar 12, 2008
Stevieboy wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yeah that's right, I forgot, I'm not supposed to bring up religion. I'm sorry if people like me make you question the people of this great nation. What about freedom of speech?? What about freedom of the press?
What about getting your facts straight?... or are you just one of those people that keeps saying 'Obama is a Muslim' over and over in the hopes that some day it will become true?
Stevieboy

AOL

#18 Mar 12, 2008
True Story wrote:
<quoted text>
I was in Greenwood recently having dinner out. At the next table over was a Mom, Dad, and newlywed young couple. I think Freedom of Religion in Indiana can be summed up by the 'words of wisdom' the Dad was telling the kids:
'You got your Christians, Catholics and Muslims... Christians, you know you can trust, the other two, watch out!'
Oh boy, now your going to catch heck for that one!

“and what?”

Since: Jan 08

naptown, cali-indiana

#19 Mar 12, 2008
Citizen wrote:
actually the Star already addressed the fact that andre is a muslim. maybe you should wake up and pay attention... anyway, who cares as long as he gets the job done.
Jim

Portage, PA

#21 Mar 12, 2008
Citizen wrote:
That he is a converted Muslim has been in the Indy Star on numerous occasions. I don't live in your county, but I knew it from reading the Star.
It certainly has not been hidden.
Verdad

United States

#22 Mar 12, 2008
Dear Andre: If you want to be successful in serving the people, you can start by showing up for congressional votes. You can lay off the schnapps, or whatever the strong drink of choice was. And for goodness sake (or is it for Allah's sake?) don't engage in a scripted a walk-out at the beginning of a debate in an election year. Sound familiar? Good luck.
Point of view

United States

#23 Mar 12, 2008
Once again, the masses have simply flocked to the name (Carson).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 27
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary has 6 mos to live 13 hr cpeter1313 18
Hillary the Hologram Debate 15 hr Truth Rules 3
To the Sons of Silence MC , Indianapolis Clubhouse (Dec '13) Thu dan 148
News City considers issuing $75M in debt to pay for ... Thu Hmph 1
Take knee Thu Hmph 5
The Fever is a fart now. Sep 22 minds 7
Any women into pegging? Sep 22 Fever Sucks 7

Indianapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance