MKW

United States

#21 Jan 1, 2012
I have a Roselyn cookbook in like-new condition. I thought I would use it, but never have so I am willing to sell it since some have expressed interst in purchasing one. I am asking $35 (payable via PayPal only) plus shipping costs if I need to send it to you. I live west of Indy and would be willing to meet somewhere if you are local. Contact me at mkw1915@gmail.com if interested.
Duffy T

Oxford, MS

#22 Jan 16, 2012
Mawmaw wrote:
I'm looking for a Roselyn cookbook to buy
I have one of the cookbooks and love it. Well worth the price. In the back of it is a page that says:
"If you are interested in purchasing a Roselyn cookbook please contact us at www.roselynrecipe.com ."
wacywac

Indianapolis, IN

#23 May 29, 2012
try your half priced book store. Just got one (cookbook), for under ten dollars.
Lester

Indianapolis, IN

#24 May 29, 2012
Isn't this the place that went bankrupt for selling rats with the donuts?
Don Figs

Greenville, SC

#25 Aug 9, 2012
It's sad when so many people get the story wrong. Yes, there were health code violations. Roselyn addressed them. After that however, the health department did endless surprise visits on most of the retail stores despite the fact that not much was ever found. The owner complained that the health inspectors were harrassing his stores with visit after visit, to the exclusion of all other food places in Indy. He said he wouldn't put up with the harrassment much longer. When another store was hit with another surprise inspection, he closed all the retail locations down. A lot of people were put out of work and Roselyn's as Indy knew it was gone forever. It's sad that a landmark business from the city was lost, but it's perhaps even sadder to hear the revisionist history that's being spouted as truth.
indy

Indianapolis, IN

#26 Aug 9, 2012
easier to go to the south side longs,lot less trouble and are just as good if not better
Don Figs

Greenville, SC

#27 Aug 9, 2012
buttermilk jumbles wrote:
http://gigabitwarez.com/dl/ros elyn+s+bakery+cookbook.html
sez itsa free download of the book; caveat emptor.

DO NOT USE THIS LINK TO DOWNLOAD THIS COOKBOOK! This website gets a very poor rating for malware, viruses, and trojan attacks.
Pop

Indianapolis, IN

#28 Aug 9, 2012
Don Figs wrote:
It's sad when so many people get the story wrong. Yes, there were health code violations. Roselyn addressed them. After that however, the health department did endless surprise visits on most of the retail stores despite the fact that not much was ever found. The owner complained that the health inspectors were harrassing his stores with visit after visit, to the exclusion of all other food places in Indy. He said he wouldn't put up with the harrassment much longer. When another store was hit with another surprise inspection, he closed all the retail locations down. A lot of people were put out of work and Roselyn's as Indy knew it was gone forever. It's sad that a landmark business from the city was lost, but it's perhaps even sadder to hear the revisionist history that's being spouted as truth.
Did not they have pictures of rats nibbling on the donuts and slurping down coffee?

The only way this story could have been better is if they had photos of pigs rooting for donuts, while dressed in little blue uniforms, and wearing a badge.
Pop

Indianapolis, IN

#29 Aug 9, 2012
from wikipedia

Roselyn Bakery was a major chain of bakeries throughout Indianapolis that served as distributors of products from a central bakery from 1943 to August 6, 1999.[1] In the 1990s, the factory was shut down due to repeated rat infestations.

In spite of the health violations, the popularity of Roselyn Bakery's products did not wane, and Kroger purchased its recipes for their bakery departments.

Subsequently, the Clark brothers who founded the bakery started Roselyn Recipe, Inc, which supervises the manufacture of nine Roselyn products by Heinemann's Bakery in Illinois.
turk

Carpentersville, IL

#30 Oct 20, 2012
I grew up on Neapolitans, sweet heart coffee cake, cinnamon butter danish, alligator cake, Mexican wedding cakes, and pecan tea cookies. We would go to the day old store by the fairgrounds & get bags of pastries for $20. I love roselyns & always will. I never got ill from anything I ate. I will always remember the boxes of yumminess tied with the white string!!!
Go-to-guy

Chicago, IL

#31 Oct 21, 2012
I have one that is brand new! Willing to sell if the price is right. I'm on the southside of Indianapolis. Shoot me an offer @ eight one two four five zero nine eight four zero
Go-to-guy

Chicago, IL

#32 Oct 21, 2012
I have one that is brand new! Willing to sell if the price is right. I'm on the southside of Indianapolis. Shoot me an offer @ eight one two two five zero nine eight four zero. I POSTED THE WRONG NUMBER FIRST SORRY

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#33 Oct 22, 2012
Hmmm, Buffalo Grove is near Chicago, phone number is Evansville IN and the cookbook is on the southside of Indy?
ima hoosier

Itasca, IL

#34 Oct 22, 2012
i have always found the roselyn tales interesting.
first the health inspections over and over again.
mayhem and murder.
was there a chicago connection involved? through the years there have been many stories. maybe one day the real truth will come out.
who or what was behind this?
Julie Oh

Mccordsville, IN

#35 Nov 21, 2012
Roselyn was shut down because of some disgruntled employees, they set up issues and then had the health department come. They were shut down because they didn't work quickly enough to get everything cleaned up. Such a shame! They have them in grocery stores and are about to launch new recipes and such. I have a cook book and love it!
Carl Sweeney

Indianapolis, IN

#36 Nov 21, 2012
Julie Oh wrote:
Roselyn was shut down because of some disgruntled employees, they set up issues and then had the health department come. They were shut down because they didn't work quickly enough to get everything cleaned up. Such a shame! They have them in grocery stores and are about to launch new recipes and such. I have a cook book and love it!
how do you set up flour covered rats to run through near by neighborhoods? the grand kids were more interested in playing golf than running the bakery
jle76

Greenwood, IN

#37 Nov 21, 2012
Funny no one ever got sick and we all ate that stuff.
ladyz

Colorado Springs, CO

#38 Mar 24, 2013
Amazon still sells it. My original disappeared. I re-bought it last year.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#39 Mar 24, 2013
Be careful! All of the Moes and other trolls will be on here ridiculing you for being so prosperous that you could afford cake as a child, and if you ate white cake you must be a racist!
Carl

Indianapolis, IN

#40 Mar 24, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^
This guy is mad because he got caught in so many lies that he has convinced only himself he is telling the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
K-mart's shutting down 2 hr jack 20
Why do most Blacks hate Whites? (Jul '13) 2 hr Learn to Read 305
jack cottey deceased 3 hr Blackology 8
Could Terry Curry Be 1st Democratic 2-Term Pros... 3 hr Blackology 1
Mike Brown screams Mr Wilson 3 hr Blackology 1
William montez 4 hr Mr Wu 4
Cop arrested on third DUI (Mar '07) 21 hr advocate in IL 136
Indianapolis Dating
Find my Match

Indianapolis Jobs