Shelters opening to offer escape from...

Shelters opening to offer escape from bitter cold amid power outages

There are 3 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jan 5, 2014, titled Shelters opening to offer escape from bitter cold amid power outages. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

More than two dozens shelters around Indianapolis are offering reprieve from extreme cold today and into this week for the homeless and those who have lost power at their residences.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Where

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Jan 5, 2014
Where are all these fantastic 501c3's they call churches?

I thought they loved helping the cold, tired, hungry?

No where to be found? I thought they wanted minimal government involvement??? Surely they don't want to government providing basic needs to our most vulnerable???
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

#2 Jan 6, 2014
Where wrote:
Where are all these fantastic 501c3's they call churches?
I thought they loved helping the cold, tired, hungry?
No where to be found? I thought they wanted minimal government involvement??? Surely they don't want to government providing basic needs to our most vulnerable???
Perhaps you will provide a goal for churches to prepare for weather and natural emergencys. I would guess that there are not many churches that could provide heat, and shelter without electric power.
No Tell Motel

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Jan 6, 2014
But Jesus is power. Jesus is the light. Just pray and everything will be alright.

Pass the collection plate. We gotta business to run and a few ladies in the choir need some lovin".

Selling Jesus makes good business sense. And business is good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'm so glad I'm white (Oct '14) 9 hr Blackpeopleareinf... 17
Weinstein just a cover up 10 hr yes 9
The Check Is In The Mail 15 hr nono 2
what will you say?? 15 hr nono 12
Trump joked Pence 'wants to hang' all gay people 16 hr Marie 5
Flight from Cali Thu ThatOneGirl 1
A leader with no followers is “only taking a wa... Thu TrumpingSubsidies 3

Indianapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance