Westboro Baptist Church to picket Indianapolis 500

Apr 15, 2014 Full story: AutoWeek 10

The infamous Westboro Baptist Church has announced its intentions to picket the 98th running of the Indianapolis 500.

Read more

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#1 Apr 15, 2014
They're coming to the 500 and are going to protest two sacred cows--Jim Nabors and beer? Hope they wear their running shoes.
Andrew

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Apr 15, 2014
Those repugs will protest everything. This board is full of whiny, crying and complaining repugs.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#3 Apr 15, 2014
I have no love for the GOP--and especially the teabaggers--but the WBC isn't just a shared delusion--it's truly a cult psychosis.
Andrew wrote:
Those repugs will protest everything. This board is full of whiny, crying and complaining repugs.

Since: Nov 07

Indy

#4 Apr 16, 2014
I can't wait. I hope they set up camp near 30th St..
Teh Enforcer

United States

#5 Apr 16, 2014
Given the demographic of the race attendees, I believe a lot of the Indianapolis 500 patrons will agree with the protest of homosexuals but very few will agree with the protest of alcohol.

That said, WBC is nothing more than attention-grabbing. For them, it has very little or nothing to do with faith or religion. They dislike homosexuals no more than they might dislike blacks, snakes, taxes, or history (or any other random item). The point is that they are doing things to get attention and right now being anti-gay is a good way to seek negative publicity...especially in the press which is where WBC is mostly active. I am pretty sure that adding alcohol to their protest is just a sure-fire way that they decided to get 100% negative attention. Their plan might backfire if a bunch of drunkards agree with their protests of homosexuals.

Since: Jan 13

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Apr 16, 2014
Andrew wrote:
Lol, Fred Phelps repeatedly ran for various offices in Kansas as....wait for it.... A democrat!! Dumbass. Do some research before you make a damn fool of yourself.
Ronald Reagan

Chicago, IL

#7 Apr 17, 2014
Harry Balzonja wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, Fred Phelps repeatedly ran for various offices in Kansas as....wait for it.... A democrat!! Dumbass. Do some research before you make a damn fool of yourself.
Fred Phelps was a card carrying republican. Just like the child molesting republican Jerry Sandusky dumbass. You probably did your research on the intardnet. Funny!
Teh Enforcer

United States

#8 Apr 17, 2014
Harry Balzonja wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha! These liberal douchebags love making up stories to satisfy their bigotry.
Teh Enforcer

Chicago, IL

#9 Apr 17, 2014
Teh Enforcer wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha! These liberal douchebags love making up stories to satisfy their bigotry.
Republicans rely on the internet for children and some of the disgusting things they do to them. The only difference its true.

Since: Jan 13

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Apr 17, 2014
Ronald Reagan wrote:
<quoted text>Fred Phelps was a card carrying republican. Just like the child molesting republican Jerry Sandusky dumbass. You probably did your research on the intardnet. Funny!
Typical Liberal Demagogue, can't back up anything with facts. On a side note, I would place child molesters on the same realm as a filthy f*cking democrat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Hoosier Nuremberg Laws 1 min True Knlansman 95
News AFSCME pulls national conference out of Indiana... 9 min yup 53
Religous Freedom 17 min fact checker 69
Left Wankers, Politix, Topix & the Gay Cartel 56 min Lantzman 1
Governor Pence Should Attend A Klan Meeting! 2 hr Soft White Sheet 1
See, Indiana still consider a very racist state... (Nov '07) 2 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 967
Developer buys former Double 8 grocery in SoBro 4 hr Dino Snead 1
Indianapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Indianapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]