Why Biharis are despised

Mar 23, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Hindu

The State has everything. All it needs is some initiative and enterprise, and a little help from the government From Assam to Punjab and from Nepal to Maharashtra, "Biharis," i.e. migrants from Bihar, Jharkhand ... via The Hindu

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of164
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
rekrek

Bangalore, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2008

hi
Netix

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

Judged:

Why Biharis are despised? No they are loathsome, filth and scum. THey have it in their genes and nothing can change them. No initiative or enterprise can help such foul thinking people
Sachidanand

Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Judged:

It is the poloticians of Bihar they sold our Minerals for free to Center. Can't fight with Nepal for their flood problem. So the bihar despised. But still bihar is number in education and agriculture.
to netix

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2008

Judged:

Netix
Did you get castrated or what by a bihari?? Or the talented bihari rob you of your job even though you are a marathi manoos??
indian

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Netix wrote:
Why Biharis are despised? No they are loathsome, filth and scum. THey have it in their genes and nothing can change them. No initiative or enterprise can help such foul thinking people
HEY...WAT U THINK...IF U LIVE IN BOMBAY...U R A GRT PERSON AND SUPERIR THAN ANYONE..FORGET IT.... THERE IS NO FLITH AND SCUM IN BOMBAY??? ARE ALL PPL LIVING THERE ARE RICH??? U HAVING SUCH FLITHY AND DIRTY THINKING IS A FLITH...SHAME ON U...
sheetal

Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

Listen u bombay guy!!
First i want to make u clear that i am from Delhi and not from Bihar.But jst because of ur kind of people we get divided.
How mean thinking r u people have---marathi manoos.
We jst laugh on u people.....u r shame to india.

From
Indian
Netix wrote:
aby

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2009

Judged:

nebdy out der.....im not a marathi manoos but agree to the fact dat biharis are really scum...dey cant develop their state and migrate to other places for destroyin others state cultures...dey are scum bcoz dey elect goons and corrupt politicians yr after yr to the parliament...and they are scum coz dey treat women as objects of sex so so many rapes molestations paedophilic accidents etc

fuk off biharis
ice_fire

Balangir, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2009

Such stereotypes need to be removed from the society because it is totally wrong to generalize an entire community for the actions of few.As such no community is perfect and such generalizations can lead to hate filled attacks as was witnessed in Mumbai and Nashik.
aby

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2009

Judged:

ice_fire wrote:
Such stereotypes need to be removed from the society because it is totally wrong to generalize an entire community for the actions of few.As such no community is perfect and such generalizations can lead to hate filled attacks as was witnessed in Mumbai and Nashik.
see i told u,all biharis thnk is attacks and destruction..i had asked y cant dey develop their own state ,dats the prob wit biharis....
first reform urself

..i.-
ice_fire

Rayagada, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2009

By the way Mr/miss aby my identity is that of an Indian.That's what I'm proud of and I'm not a bihari but a oriya.
levelheaded

Lihue, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2009

Judged:

Okay. The issue is why are Biharis going to other states inside India to make a living when they can develop their own state.

I think what I am about to state is common throughout the world. Migrants work hard. Now I shall try to prove that migrants work hard.

Let us take the Greeks. I have read something to the effect that when Greeks leave Greece and enter Germany, they change and become hard working. When the same Greeks return to Greece from Germany, they become lackadaisical. Strange but true. Why? I do not know. I can guess. A guess is only a guess. It is about security and insecurity. You immediately think of the words "security" and "insecurity". When Greeks remain in Greece, they feel "secure". They feel "secure" because they are home. If they need money, they can turn to friends and family for help. When the same Greek is in Germany, he feels "insecure" because he is far away from home. In Germany, if a Greek needs help he cannot turn to friends and family for help. So the Greek living in Germany feels "insecure". The Greek living in Germany feels that he has to work hard to earn money to help himself. That's it. It's about "security" and "insecurity".

The more "secure" you feel the more lackadaisical you become. The less "secure" you feel the more hard working you become. That's it. Now let us apply this to India.

Look at Dubai. The Indians in Dubai, that is. I do not have to explain why they are hardworking. But if you repatriate all the Indians from Dubai back to India, then they will become lackadaisical inside India. Again, I do not have to explain why.

Look at the Biharis. I do not have to explain why the Biharis inside Bihar are lackadaisical. But if you send the Biharis to other states inside India, then they would become hardworking. The same goes for all the other communities in India. Okay. I hope you are satisfied. It's about "secure" and "insecure".

SimpleMan 39

UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2009

Judged:

levelheaded wrote:
Okay. The issue is why are Biharis going to other states inside India to make a living when they can develop their own state.
I think what I am about to state is common throughout the world. Migrants work hard. Now I shall try to prove that migrants work hard.
Let us take the Greeks. I have read something to the effect that when Greeks leave Greece and enter Germany, they change and become hard working. When the same Greeks return to Greece from Germany, they become lackadaisical. Strange but true. Why? I do not know. I can guess. A guess is only a guess. It is about security and insecurity. You immediately think of the words "security" and "insecurity". When Greeks remain in Greece, they feel "secure". They feel "secure" because they are home. If they need money, they can turn to friends and family for help. When the same Greek is in Germany, he feels "insecure" because he is far away from home. In Germany, if a Greek needs help he cannot turn to friends and family for help. So the Greek living in Germany feels "insecure". The Greek living in Germany feels that he has to work hard to earn money to help himself. That's it. It's about "security" and "insecurity".
The more "secure" you feel the more lackadaisical you become. The less "secure" you feel the more hard working you become. That's it. Now let us apply this to India.
Look at Dubai. The Indians in Dubai, that is. I do not have to explain why they are hardworking. But if you repatriate all the Indians from Dubai back to India, then they will become lackadaisical inside India. Again, I do not have to explain why.
Look at the Biharis. I do not have to explain why the Biharis inside Bihar are lackadaisical. But if you send the Biharis to other states inside India, then they would become hardworking. The same goes for all the other communities in India. Okay. I hope you are satisfied. It's about "secure" and "insecure".
Then why are the Sikhs so hard working. One of most industrious and enterprenural lot I have ever seen in life. Both domestic and international. What about Gujarati's. They are so hard working.

Your theory is quite correct but it is a generalisation only. Necissity is not the only mother of invention.

Education, awareness, THE CULTURE, is also very important. A poor devlopment of lower castes. Almost zero implementation of land ceililng act. Acute corruption. Illetracy. Combine this with an availability of huge natural resources. The vested interests have a stake not to let the people of that state evolve. Brute power is celebrated and condoned.

They are shrewd minds being manipulated by money and muscle power. The average migrant Bihari is poor and frustrated. He is an extremely proud person but nothing to bank on. Violence has a sanciton in the Hindi heartland.

What Bihari's need to do is downsize their ego and admit their problems and stop electing goons to the legislature.
Brother of AmirKhan

Pune, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2009

Judged:

SimpleMan 39 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why are the Sikhs so hard working. One of most industrious and enterprenural lot I have ever seen in life. Both domestic and international. What about Gujarati's. They are so hard working.
Your theory is quite correct but it is a generalisation only. Necissity is not the only mother of invention.
Education, awareness, THE CULTURE, is also very important. A poor devlopment of lower castes. Almost zero implementation of land ceililng act. Acute corruption. Illetracy. Combine this with an availability of huge natural resources. The vested interests have a stake not to let the people of that state evolve. Brute power is celebrated and condoned.
They are shrewd minds being manipulated by money and muscle power. The average migrant Bihari is poor and frustrated. He is an extremely proud person but nothing to bank on. Violence has a sanciton in the Hindi heartland.
What Bihari's need to do is downsize their ego and admit their problems and stop electing goons to the legislature.
Bhosadike the narrominded hindus like you are responsible for suppressing lower castes in India.
You are beggar in dubai and your mother is prostitute in delhi
SimpleMan 39

UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2009

Brother of AmirKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
Bhosadike the narrominded hindus like you are responsible for suppressing lower castes in India.
Is Aamir Khan dead and buried. You the son of his fathers 4th wife?
Bharath-wasi

Pathanamthitta, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2009

Biharis,Oriya,Andhra,MP,UP,Nor th East(chinkies),Panjabi's all are workers migrating to other states for work.nothing wrong with it.but when they become a sizable population(look at pune),they bully the local population.due to the very nature of hindi speakers violence and bloody killers ,they will destroy every sane culture in India from Maharashtra southwards.these tribal workers with diseases and untidiness is a cause of panic for other population.First Clean your scum biharis and other lott ,then think again.

A Proud Marathi.
sin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

ice_fire wrote:
Very correct, during the middle ages bihar was a very enlightened society. Guatam budha attained enlightenment there. One of the worlds oldest universities is there in nalanda. Bihar used to be very cultured and rich. Now look at them.
It goes to show that people can change according to situations and circumstances. Therefore no poeple are good or bad, it is their environment they grow up in that makes them that way. The same people can be very cultured and enlightened one moment and barbarians the next. People are neutral, it is their thoughts and ideas that make them good or bad. So it is wrong to blame any people as such...yes you could say bihari culture or environment now is very bad, but if u change that the people will change too.
andy

Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

ek bihari sau bimari.
levelheaded

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

Brother of AmirKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
Why do you always state negative thing s about Hindus and remain silent about negatives about Islam. Some negatives about islam follows.
I shall start with the Islamic scriptures. Surah Al-Muminun 5-6 clearly states that there is no blame for having sexual relations with your wife or slaves. Yes, the Islamic scriptures does allow for sex outside marriage, but only with captive women. Islamic scriptures allow for males to have sex with his wives, and servants, maids, slaves, etc. If you go to www.youtube.com and type the words ISLAM SEX or ISLAM SLAVERY, you would see and learn more. Also, go to www.youtube.com and type the words WAFA SULTAN and then click search. In August 2007 the Islamic Republic of Mauritania finally outlawed slavery; and she outlawed slavery because of international pressure, mostly from Western nations. There are parts of North Africa where Arabs still own Black slaves, even today. Likewise, in India, where slavery is outlawed, there are still slaves, even today.
Aslo, please go to www.youtube.com and type the words TAQIYYAH and then click search. Yes, Islam even encourages you to use deception and it is called TAQIYYAH. Islam has nothing to do with divinity.
Both Whites and Arabs did enslave Blacks. The Whites did enslave Blacks, but by late 1800's they were emancipated. Arabs, however, continue to own slaves even today. On 20 Jan 2009, an African American, namely Barak Obama was sworn in as President of USA. Yes, the Whites have come a long way. How about the Arabs or for that matter the Indians/Hindus? At least India is a multiparty political system, one person one vote, with an independent judiciary. Most predominantly Islamic nations are failed states. I would hope Islamic nations would calm down and become more stable.
There are only two camps: muslim and non-Muslim. Choose one side. There is no middle ground. India, China, and Israel (ICI) must cooperate. The ICI nations must agree not to go against each other. The ICI nations have about about 2 billion non-Muslims to stand against 1 billion Muslims. The ICI nations can and should stand up to 1 billion Muslims in the world and hold their ground. India will be a part of ICI. Inside India, non-Muslims and Muslims will live safely. Okay. Try my way. There are only two camps: Muslims and non-Muslims. There is no middle ground. Muslims in India can live safely but they must NOT under any circumstances go against Israel: Israel has close ties with India. The Muslims living inside India MUST always be pro-Israel. No nation on earth can afford to compromise on national defense. India has close military ties with Israel and therefore all Indians MUST be pro-Israel.

levelheaded

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

Judged:

SimpleMan 39 wrote:
<quoted text>
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
Thank you for your reply. In a sense I am right. In a sense you are right too. In addition, it would be hard to prove who is the hardest working. Some say the Japanese work hard. Some say the Koreans work hard. Some say the Germans work hard. Some say USA is the most competitive nation in the world. If you compare Mumbai with Shanghai, then I would say that Shanghai is more developed. China as a whole is more developed than India. Predominantly Chinese areas like Singapore, Hong Kong, and Taiwan are well developed too. The Jews have been successful too. I really do not know who are the most industrious and hardworking.

Where I live I have seen people of Japanese ancestry who keep working even though they are in their 80's or 90's. They can barely walk but still keep working. I really do not know who are the most industrious and hardworking.

In the case of India, the people are not homogeneous as, say, the Japanese. Japan has one language, one culture, one emperor, etc. India is the opposite. It has many languages, many cultures, many religions, etc. But diversity is the strength of India. The Gujaratis are well represented in stock trading. The Jains are well represented in the diamond market. The Christians have some of the best schools. The Sikh Punjabis are some of the best farmers, truck drivers, and soldiers. The Muslims Indians are well represented in Bollywood. The Biharis are construction workers all over India. They are all good in their respective fields. Nobody is good in everything.

In USA, the African Americans are good in basketball, but not good in swimming. The White Americans are good in swimming. I guess we all have our strengths and weakness. We are all made differently. May be I am right. May be I am wrong. I do not have all the answers.
SimpleMan 39

UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2009

Bharath-wasi wrote:
Biharis,Oriya,Andhra,MP,UP,Nor th East(chinkies),Panjabi's all are workers migrating to other states for work.nothing wrong with it.but when they become a sizable population(look at pune),they bully the local population.due to the very nature of hindi speakers violence and bloody killers ,they will destroy every sane culture in India from Maharashtra southwards.these tribal workers with diseases and untidiness is a cause of panic for other population.First Clean your scum biharis and other lott ,then think again.
A Proud Marathi.
Irinkalkuda yil nin marathi o. Thangal ki evide o allengal private lo clarify cheyiamo? Ende e-mail id venengal tharam.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of164
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Maharashtra, India Discussions

Search the Maharashtra, India Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Pakistani boy trapped in tunnel after treasure ... 18 hr mICHEAL 2
Indian Courts Prop Door Open for Rape Survivors Fri Pandit Ghaandooo heh 1
Warmer nights, cereal output may fall (Apr '10) Fri DonPanic 62
What 100 days of social media can tell us about... Apr 16 Humhainna 1
Cummins on expansion mode (Feb '08) Apr 16 Karale Sonali Jaysing 207
Tata Motors, Fiat JV to generate 24,000 jobs (Apr '07) Apr 11 shrikrushna ghyar 265
Rajesh Khanna - Missing the Babu Mushai Days. (Oct '07) Apr 10 MEE12 141
•••
•••
•••
•••