Former KGF Foreman (possibly Mysore) - family research enquiry

Posted in the Kolar Gold Fields, India Forum

Helen Kerr

Birmingham, UK

#1 Mar 12, 2008
I wonder if anyone might be able to assist with my family research. I have come across your details via search on internet for Kolar Gold Fields, South India.

My late aunt's husband, Hugh M. Paterson, was I believe a Foreman at (one of) the Kolar Gold Fields, possibly Mysore. He was unfortunately killed in a mining accident and his wife, Margaret Cain Paterson, returned home to Edinburgh, Scotland. She would have been approx. 40 years of age at the time.

I believe my aunt may have returned to Edinburgh in the 1950's. I recall her telling us all about her life in India, although she was only there for a relatively short time before her husband was killed.

Would anyone be able to assist at all, or point me in the right direction?
Any information whatsoever would be most appreciated.

Many thanks
IMMANUEL JAYAKUMAR

Del Rio, TX

#3 May 29, 2009
i am dental surgeon from kolar gold fields now in texas usa contact me on immanuelangelo@yahoo.com
Dubai Sneha

UAE

#4 Apr 6, 2010
HI Immanuel Jayakumar am proud to see you in texas good keep it up i don know who you are but happy to see your comment....Even am born in KGF..cool place with good climate and greens allover ...i miss my place ...please contact me or mail me to Snehavsk@yahoo.in
Many thanks
peter steiner

Louvres, France

#6 Oct 19, 2010
Hi Guys,
sure kgf was a great place it was known as the land of milk and honey.i was down in kgf last week it has deloveped but still haveing water problems
Iused to go to the kgf school and bgml high school and later first grade collage the weather is still cool and will to go back
Peter Steiner
Paris
CDG Airport Paris
peter steiner

Louvres, France

#7 Oct 19, 2010
Helen Kerr wrote:
I wonder if anyone might be able to assist with my family research. I have come across your details via search on internet for Kolar Gold Fields, South India.
My late aunt's husband, Hugh M. Paterson, was I believe a Foreman at (one of) the Kolar Gold Fields, possibly Mysore. He was unfortunately killed in a mining accident and his wife, Margaret Cain Paterson, returned home to Edinburgh, Scotland. She would have been approx. 40 years of age at the time.
I believe my aunt may have returned to Edinburgh in the 1950's. I recall her telling us all about her life in India, although she was only there for a relatively short time before her husband was killed.
Many thanks
I WILL CHECK WITH MY STEINER WHO IS A OLD HAND IN KGF I SURE HE WOULD KNOW I WIIL TRY AND GET THE INFO YOU REQUIRE
Brgds
Peter steiner

Since: Oct 10

Mumbai, India

#8 Dec 16, 2010
Hello Immanual

It seems you are from KGF I was working in BGML from 1989 to 1992.Do you know Mr MNV prasad & P janardanan from KGF They are local people from KGF I am interested to know their contact details.

Rajiv Saraf
Mani Janardhanan

Hillsboro, OR

#10 Oct 1, 2011
Rajiv saraf wrote:
Hello Immanual
It seems you are from KGF I was working in BGML from 1989 to 1992.Do you know Mr MNV prasad & P janardanan from KGF They are local people from KGF I am interested to know their contact details.
Rajiv Saraf
I am not sure how many "P Janardhanan" were in KGF, but that sure sounds like my father. Send me details to vaathsalya@aol.com
Smitha Raj
#13 Aug 17, 2012
Hi Helen
I am smitha, i was born in KGF. My Aunt and grandmother still live in KGF. My uncle was an Accountant in one of the mines. I will give them a ring and see if I help trace the history you are after.
My sister and I live in London,my grandfather was a Formen too, he was a Footballer and an athlete. Sadly he died 4 years ago. I am trying to gather pictures and possibly some sound history about him. My great grandfather was a butler to the British (no idea who and what rank), so my nan was schooled alongside the English.
I love KGF, I went visiting my nan and my aunt last year and recalled some great memories.
Guys does anyone know where we could find some earliesty record and history?
Also please post pictures.
Helen Kerr wrote:
Many thanks
MURALI CHENNAI

Chennai, India

#14 Jan 9, 2013
sir inever forget kgf till my life
sashi Mitran

United States

#15 Feb 4, 2013
If I am right ur mom was a teacher in mOther of mines School Right
peter steiner wrote:
<quoted text>
I WILL CHECK WITH MY STEINER WHO IS A OLD HAND IN KGF I SURE HE WOULD KNOW I WIIL TRY AND GET THE INFO YOU REQUIRE
Brgds
Peter steiner

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kolar Gold Fields, India Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tracing family history (Jan '14) Sep 15 fnnfisher 2
Bakathavachalam and S.Rajandran done good for KGF (Sep '09) Aug 24 partha 81
KGF early 1900s (May '12) May '14 Fred Fisher 5
Global tender for BGML revival soon (Jul '07) May '14 CNU 32
Did we make a mistake by making Ramakka the MLA... (Aug '13) May '14 BADRI 3
Kolar has 30 lakh tonnes of gold, may reopen (Nov '10) Aug '13 Ranjith 19
Kolar Gold shares jump on Indian gold mine hopes (Jul '13) Jul '13 DR D SURESH BABU 2
•••

Kolar Gold Fields, India People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••