Amendments to AFSPA pending, says Chidambaram - Indiatalkies.com

Mar 31, 2012 Full story: India Talkies

New Delhi, March 31: A day after the United Nations Special Rapporteur asked India to repeal the Armed Forces Act, Home Minister P. Chidambaram Saturday said his ministry has sought amendments in the AFSPA which were pending before the Cabinet Committee on Security .

Full Story
Aditya Mookerjee

Bangalore, India

#1 Mar 31, 2012
To be fair to the Indian security apparatus in Kashmir, if civilians were not killed because of violence not to do with it, there would be no A F S P A in Kashmir. I am not speaking from an Indian point of view, but I hope I am being analytical.
In the North East, the government has to take the lead to improve the situation, among the civilians. The Indian security apparatus, has a more well defined role there. The government can and will improve the situation there, so that there is goodwill among all. The army in the region has a presence, as it does in New Delhi, and elsewhere in India. Activists for peace there, should ensure and guarantee peace in the area for themselves, as it is important to themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chidambaram, India Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Modi's Indian welfare reforms may need to be bi... Oct '14 Humhainna 1
India steps up pressure on Switzerland to share... (May '14) May '14 Humhainna 1
P Chidamabaram: India, Switzerland looking at w... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Bengalis r d best 1
Lanka bridge for govt, party (Apr '14) Apr '14 Siva Sankaran 1
India refuses to take US's side in Lanka, Crime... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Punc 6
Sri Lanka: ‘US resolution annihilates aspi... (Mar '13) Jan '14 Sanjuka 44
Indian Court Reverses Gay Sex Decriminalization... (Dec '13) Dec '13 keraj 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:48 am PST