Ashish K Choudhury

Mumbai, India

#1 Jul 16, 2011
I love my native station
Ashish K Choudhury

Mumbai, India

#2 Jul 16, 2011
Although I stay in Navi Mumbai, But I love my Silk City very much. The saddest thing of our city is that the development work is negligible. Govt must push the officials to the limits to get the city in order as it is the commercial city of southern orissa.
Kamal

Delhi, India

#3 Jul 16, 2011
Dear Ashish, I think without the combined effort of ‘Berhampurias’ this city can't move forward. Since the formation of Orissa state successive state governments have been showing discrimination and step motherly treatment to Berhampur. Even our own BJD representatives ditched us. During the rule of BJD not a single project was sanctioned for Berhampur. So, expecting some thing from this government is foolish. I think we should join hands with SOSA who are consistently raising their voice for various issues concerning to the people of South Orissa and am sure, combinely we can change the fate of the city.
Kamal

Delhi, India

#4 Jul 16, 2011
SOSA urges Mamata to give fair deal to south Orissa

It seeks a host of trains and new railway lines to help develop the region

BERHAMPUR: The South Orissa Students Association (SOSA) has demanded the Union Railway Ministry to provide budgetary provisions for better infrastructure and amenities in south Orissa.
In a letter written to Union Railway Minister Mamata Banarjee, the SOSA has alleged that the railway authorities have till date remained indifferent to problems of and demands of south Orissa.
Major portions of south Orissa are still beyond the reach of railway tracks although it is one of the most underdeveloped areas of the country and railways is always considered a catalyst of development.
The activists of the SOSA felt it was high time for the railways to take steps to fulfil the long-standing demands for some new railway lines and trains in south Orissa.
They also said setting up of some railway manufacturing unit can be a major help for development of this backward region.
The demand for connecting the mineral rich hinterland of south and western Orissa with t Gopalpur port has been a major demand. They also want new railway lines between Talcher-Gopalpur, Gopalpur-Rayagada, Berhampur-Phulbani, Berhampur-Sambalpur, Gunupur-Therubali and Khariar-Nabarangpur- Jeypore. They also felt that there was an urgent need to introduce some new trains besides increasing the frequency of some existing services. There should be direct train link from Berhampur to major destinations in the country. The Sampark Kranti Express, Howarh-Bhubaneswar Jan shatabdi Express should be extended to Berhampur and Ranchi-Bhubaneswar Garib Rath express can be extended to Visakhapatnam for the benefit of south Orissa. These are demands which are yet to be addressed. There is also an urgent need to increase the frequency of Amritsar-Visakhapatnam Express and Puri-Ahmedabad Express. There is also demand for a new Jan Shatabdi Express between Bhubaneswar-Koraput.

Coaching terminal
The SOSA felt there was much to be done for the betterment of Berhampur Railway station. Establishment of a coaching terminal here has been long standing demand which would enable extension of long-distance trains terminating at Bhubaneswar and Visakhapatnam to Berhampur.
The Orissa government has also requested for a coaching terminal at Berhampur.

THE HINDU
SAIJU

Abu Dhabi, UAE

#5 Jul 6, 2012
even though i'm not an odiya. but brought up in berhampur.. belive me berhampur is my favourate place in the world.. i had been in north india,south india even i had in middle east(gulf country) but i feel berhampur is the best place in the world yes.... u can find any thing in the small berhampur city. Every thing is so convinent .And over all living coast is very less..Berhampur is a beautiful place cvery thing is very close to the city beach,hostorical places,picnic spots,And i love the culture of berhampur...I LOVE BERHAMPUR..AND I MISS BERHAMPUR..I LOVE BERHAMPUR AND ALL THE CITIZENS OF BERHAMPUR...
SAIJU

Abu Dhabi, UAE

#6 Jul 6, 2012
I LOVE BERHAMPUR...jAI BERHAMPUR...
K Siba Prasad Das

Poona, India

#7 Sep 9, 2012
I am the permanent resident of Berhampur. I love my Berhampur very much. A lot of work is there to develop Berhampur railway. There is no direct connectivity from Berhampur to cities of North India, which affects the Berhampurias as well as the army personnel serving at Gopalpur Cantt. It is the urgent need of the hour to extend the Orissa Sampark Kranti Exp, Rajdhani Express upto Berhampur. I think, that the Utkal Exp should be run from Puri via Berhampur, Vizianagaram, Rayagada, Titlagarh, Bilaspur instead of its present route. The frequency of Puri-Ahmedabad Exp via Rayagada and Hirakund exp should be made daily.
xyz

Kolkata, India

#8 Nov 16, 2013
All ministers are very clever,they give rice 20 kg and rs 200 , people will give vote to them no need to do any thing for developments. They are happy because Odisha is no-1 or 2 if some body will count from bottom out of 30. Peoples are very innocent they will stand against industry will arrange very good strike for not to do any industry or developments. All odisha peoples are happy with only one bhubaneswar air port and Paradeep sea port. my god how one dhamara port come to odisha and gopalpur sea port may not develope at Berhampur.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berhampur, India Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Berhampur neglected city by both Govt of Oriss... (Jun '10) Jan 19 Ramesh Nayak 24
Demand for IIM in Berhampur (Odisha) Aug '14 Abhisek 1
Paap Ke Keede in Berhampur (Sep '11) May '14 bebdash 4
VV Giri Domestic Airport at Berhampur (Jul '10) May '14 Santoshkumar Sakha 43
Can flyovers be the solutions for Berhampur Cit... (Sep '12) Oct '13 Blessen Sabu 4
Sailors rescued after Indian cyclone (Oct '13) Oct '13 ccgj 1
Sambalpur set for upgrade (Sep '13) Sep '13 babita 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:48 pm PST