Israel Subjecting Ethiopian Women To Long Term Birth Control

Jan 7, 2010 Full story: www.thenational.ae 1,108

Ethiopian Jews are reported to face widespread discrimination in jobs, housing and education in Israel.

NAZARETH, Israel // Health officials in Israel are subjecting many female Ethiopian immigrants to a controversial long-term birth control drug in what Israeli women’s groups allege is a racist policy to reduce the number of black babies.

The contraceptive, known as Depo Provera, which is given by injection every three months, is considered by many doctors as a birth control method of last resort because of problems treating its side effects.

However, according to a report published last week, use of the contraceptive by Israeli doctors has risen threefold over the past few years. Figures show that 57 per cent of Depo Provera users in Israel are Ethiopian, even though the community accounts for less than two per cent of the total population. Full Story
First Prev
of 56
Next Last

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#1 Jan 7, 2010
What a dam shame! So basically the whites are trying to genocide the blacks right before our own eyes. Blacks from all over the globe should learn to better develop their own countries, or else continue to be treated like second class citizens every where else.

Since: Aug 09

west midlands uk

#2 Jan 7, 2010
Israel is their Country.

“~Belle et ReBelle ~”

Since: Oct 08

NYC

#3 Jan 7, 2010
what a shame,the Falashas need to leave Israel en masse, unfortunately where are they going to go. Birth control, especially Depo Vera is not good by any means, i k now its necessary in today's world for alot of women but its a bad alternative, the hormones throw a woman's body off balance, and ive met more than a few young women who have developed ovarian cancers after taking the Depo shots. They are better off with condoms.
Protean

Manchester, UK

#4 Jan 7, 2010
sassyntrashy wrote:
What a dam shame! So basically the whites are trying to genocide the blacks right before our own eyes. Blacks from all over the globe should learn to better develop their own countries, or else continue to be treated like second class citizens every where else.
Yes,I agree

It's even more of a shame when black people are treated like second/third class citizens in their own country

Hopefully White America will eventually see the error of their ways
Kashta_Bureh

Anaheim, CA

#5 Jan 7, 2010
Jupiters back wrote:
Israel is their Country.
No..........Israel isn't "their" country. This is the problem with us Blacks, we think just because we live in a nation that it is "our country." In order for a country to belong to a group of people, these people must meet the following characteristics:

1. That people must make up the majority of the population
2. Those people must have true political power and real representation in the government.
3. The people must control most of the wealth.

Do the Ethiopian Jews meet these characteristics? No, they do not, just like AAs here in the United States and Blacks living in Iraq, we run nothing, we are simply a minority that is controlled by a dominant majority. Until Ethiopian Jews meet the three criteria above, Israel is not truly their country, they just live there.
Kashta_Bureh

Anaheim, CA

#6 Jan 7, 2010
Protean wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,I agree
It's even more of a shame when black people are treated like second/third class citizens in their own country
Hopefully White America will eventually see the error of their ways
White America will never see the "error" in their Ways, Blacks here need to see the "error in our ways." That is the problem, we keep waiting on Whites to do this and do that, if they put Blacks in this position what makes you think they are going to take us out of it?

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#7 Jan 7, 2010
Protean wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,I agree
It's even more of a shame when black people are treated like second/third class citizens in their own country
Hopefully White America will eventually see the error of their ways
I don't think we are treated like second class citizens in america since we have all the rights and freedons as anyone else.
Burt

Englewood, CO

#9 Jan 7, 2010
I think this story is bs. I just got back from an Israel vacation in mid-December. The Ethiopians I saw (and there were many) were intermingling and going about their daily business like everybody else. If anything, it was my whiteness that was the problem. I used my best game on a beautiful Ethopian bartender and later on an Ethiopian soldier (IDF) and was shot down both times.
gdubbau

West Palm Beach, FL

#10 Jan 7, 2010
Protean wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,I agree
It's even more of a shame when black people are treated like second/third class citizens in their own country
Hopefully White America will eventually see the error of their ways
How would someone from the UK know how the US treats black people?
The Tooth Fairy

Spring, TX

#11 Jan 7, 2010
39ehonor wrote:
<quoted text> Israel is the only country that has the courage to take steps to reduce and eliminate their black population by whatever means possible--thru discrimination,expulsion, or sterilization--hopefully, other white countries will try to follow Israel's courageous example
Ethiopians are black today.. haha, well you know how that can change with the wind. And if you think Israel is courageous, what about the Nazis? Now that's some "courage" for ya.

Since: Aug 09

west midlands uk

#12 Jan 7, 2010
Kashta_Bureh wrote:
<quoted text>
No..........Israel isn't "their" country. This is the problem with us Blacks, we think just because we live in a nation that it is "our country." In order for a country to belong to a group of people, these people must meet the following characteristics:
1. That people must make up the majority of the population
2. Those people must have true political power and real representation in the government.
3. The people must control most of the wealth.
Do the Ethiopian Jews meet these characteristics? No, they do not, just like AAs here in the United States and Blacks living in Iraq, we run nothing, we are simply a minority that is controlled by a dominant majority. Until Ethiopian Jews meet the three criteria above, Israel is not truly their country, they just live there.
Are you able to make logical points on this thread? next you'll be telling me that America belongs originally to the white man -'just' because they 'run' things. Also places like....Austrailia, it belongs to the white man because they run the government not the native aboriginals- dumbass.

Since: Aug 09

west midlands uk

#14 Jan 7, 2010
gdubbau wrote:
<quoted text>
How would someone from the UK know how the US treats black people?
The whole world knows moron!!

Since: Aug 09

west midlands uk

#16 Jan 7, 2010
~ typo kharza##
g-dubba-u

West Palm Beach, FL

#17 Jan 7, 2010
Jupiters back wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole world knows moron!!
Do they know about our black president?
Kashta_Bureh

Anaheim, CA

#18 Jan 7, 2010
Jupiters back wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you able to make logical points on this thread? next you'll be telling me that America belongs originally to the white man -'just' because they 'run' things. Also places like....Austrailia, it belongs to the white man because they run the government not the native aboriginals- dumbass.
You missed the point, my point was logical. Black people DON"T run America, have you read the statistics? We are at the bottom of the social ladder, the Whites control all the wealth, most of the presidents have been White, and Wall Street(controlled by Whites), funded Obama's campaign. Still trying to see your point.....

Since you are such a brilliant person.......explain to me how America is "our country." If America belonged to Blacks we wouldn't have needed a civil rights movement, use your brain.

The Japanese run Japan, they make up the majority of the population, control the wealth, and the government, that is the definition of a country that belongs to a group of people, sorry AAs, and Ethiopian Jews don't meet that criteria.....it is what it is, you can live in fantasy land all you want, but I live in reality.
Kashta_Bureh

Anaheim, CA

#19 Jan 7, 2010
sassyntrashy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think we are treated like second class citizens in america since we have all the rights and freedons as anyone else.
I guess you think just because Whites don't have signs on restaurants saying "no Blacks allowed" that we are treated as first class citizens?

The problem with a lot of Black people here is that they live in an illusion, they think they are first class citizens when they are really not. This is what Cosby was talking about, the Black generation today is a let down..........we are an embarrassment to those people who were a part of the Civil Rights movement. We've become complacent and weak, we think just because we have a Black president things have changed..........they've only changed on the surface, read the statistics and you find Blacks are STILL at the bottom,

Below are two articles on the topic, spend more time reading and you learn the truth.

http://www.jstor.org/pss/1815454

http://www.anthonysamad.com/docs/Brown_Book_E...
Kashta_Bureh

Anaheim, CA

#20 Jan 7, 2010
Jupiters back, I got one more question for you since you claim America is "our" country..........if it is, why haven't us African Americans got our reparations? After all, if it is our nation, and we had true political power, we should have got it, right? Waiting for you or someone else who believes this is "our country" to enlighten me on this.
TalesByMoonLight

Swansea, UK

#21 Jan 7, 2010
It's so funny that these are People, the whole World went to war for now deems it fit to practice the same thing on others. The Nazi used medicine to eliminate the Jews. WHAT AN EVIL WORLD

http://www.springerlink.com/content/f115228k1...
Ish Tov

Morgantown, WV

#23 Jan 7, 2010
It didn't say that this birth control was being forced on anyone. The patterns of use were not explained, nor what birth control method is used generally in Israel if not Depo Provera.

So many horror stories about Israel are manufactured propaganda by guess who...
TalesByMoonLight

Swansea, UK

#24 Jan 7, 2010
Ish Tov wrote:
It didn't say that this birth control was being forced on anyone. The patterns of use were not explained, nor what birth control method is used generally in Israel if not Depo Provera.
So many horror stories about Israel are manufactured propaganda by guess who...
Absolute tosh! If you to the doctor and they prescribe a certain medication and method most people don't question especially if you are of a certain level of education and exposure. So don't give us that tosh about medicines not being forced on people.

Most GP Clinics and Doctors are secretly funded by DRUG companies who pay them for prescribing their own pharmaceutical products.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 56
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tel Aviv, Israel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UK Jews feel anti-Semitic backlash (Jul '14) 4 hr anon 1,826
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 hr Frijoles 71,539
Sorry about the Syria strike, Iran. At least un... Jan 24 Kar 1
Palestinian stabs 9 people on Tel Aviv bus befo... Jan 21 simple 1
A Sign Jan 11 gest 1
Snapchat girls Jan 8 swatguy18 1
Top Israeli minister met with Abbas rival Dahlan Jan 5 Mark 2
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:47 pm PST